Photo

A revolutionary concept in signing events!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 showmasters

showmasters

Showmasters

• Showmasters Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,102 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

This time next year you can travel with the stars on the Hogwarts Express at the first ever mobile signing event! This brand new concept in mobile signing events will start at London Euston station at 10am, travel to Birmingham New Street, then return to London by 5.30pm. You can join at either station or stay on the train for the whole trip (discounted tickets are available for one way travel).

Obviously it will be difficult to have all the attendees walking up and down the carriages (the corridors are quite narrow) so we have arranged for you to stay in your seats and bring the guests to meet you! (Any of you who have been to a Massive Events gold pass drinks reception will know how this works). Yes, the guests will stop at every table to sign autographs and have a brief chat with you, before moving on to the next table/carriage.

We have also been able to organise a photo shoot area in the end carriage and a talk area at the front of the train (seating is limited), so this will be just like other Collectormania events, only it will be run in both London and Birmingham at the same time!

There will be two types of ticket available, first (gold) class and second (standard) class. The first class ticket will entitle you to your own private carriage (seats 6) whilst the second class ticket gives you a seat in the main, open carriages. There will also be a dining car on the train. Travel tickets will be on sale on our online shop shortly and photo shoots will be added as soon as our first guests are announced.

So why not join us on a adventure this time next year as Collectormania goes mobile! Don't forget to add the date to your diaries. 1/4/2013. And check out the website for more information.
  • ikonethilenit, EralialKism, Dimmirway and 2 others like this

info@showmastersevents.com
www.showmastersevents.com
www.massiveevents.co.uk

#2 Banished_From_Rohan

Banished_From_Rohan

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

Nice idea in theory
******I survived the scrum that was Heroes at LFACC07!!******

********************LOTR Forum Award********************
Winner: Person least likely to ever be welcomed into Rohan 2004

Member no. 14 of the "Marvellous Miranda Otto Club"
Member of the "Fellowship of the Forum"
Member no. 6 of "Sala Baker: Lord Of Collectormania" Society

**********Member of the craziest door crew at LFACC2**********

"I am not a number - I am a free man!!"

I met Carrie Fisher....and she loved my teeshirt!!!!
I met William Shatner....and got a "Thank You"!!!!

stuman273@hotmail.com for messenger etc

http://spaces.msn.co...mystravels2005/ for a little slice of insanity....!!

#3 Skylover

Skylover

Composer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

can I have a SW convention in a Jawa sandcrawler, please ?
The recent upgrade has resulted in the forum signature length now comprising of a maximum of 12 lines.

#4 timelord81r

timelord81r

Special Effects Co-ordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

Nice idea in theory

yep I was thinking the exact same thing

that and its april 1st lol

Edited by timelord81r, 01 April 2012 - 07:48 AM.

First convention LFCC 2009

"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour."

"The quest for the grail is not archaeology, it's a race against evil. If it is captured by the Nazis, the armies of darkness will march all over the face of the earth"

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought!"

#5 Banished_From_Rohan

Banished_From_Rohan

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

Nice idea in theory

I said that in my original post, but it's been mysteriously edited out....
******I survived the scrum that was Heroes at LFACC07!!******

********************LOTR Forum Award********************
Winner: Person least likely to ever be welcomed into Rohan 2004

Member no. 14 of the "Marvellous Miranda Otto Club"
Member of the "Fellowship of the Forum"
Member no. 6 of "Sala Baker: Lord Of Collectormania" Society

**********Member of the craziest door crew at LFACC2**********

"I am not a number - I am a free man!!"

I met Carrie Fisher....and she loved my teeshirt!!!!
I met William Shatner....and got a "Thank You"!!!!

stuman273@hotmail.com for messenger etc

http://spaces.msn.co...mystravels2005/ for a little slice of insanity....!!

#6 Kehlan

Kehlan

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

Nice idea in theory

I said that in my original post, but it's been mysteriously edited out....

would love this to be genuine, but look at the date!

Happy April Fools Day everyone

Fleet Captain Kehlan of the Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet

Come and visit us at http://www.ncc-71805.com/

ASK ME ABOUT THE STARFLEET/KLINGON BANQUET

#7 Mr G

Mr G

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Might B believable .. IF IT WASN'T 1st APRIL ...lol

#8 babe4ever

babe4ever

Gaffer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

bit dubious but this was posted at 6pm yesterday? Hope its for real though
Events attended - LFCC 09
Twi Proms 09
ET4 (Silver)
ET5 (Silver)

Cons planning to attend - ET6 (Gold)

Best cast meeting - Jamie @ his London gig :D

#9 keithporter23

keithporter23

Costume Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

April fools! But actually a very plausible idea.......

#10 BeatrixKiddo88

BeatrixKiddo88

Cinematographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hehe good one SM :D

I have always thought a Collectormania cruise would be cool though.

Attended:

CM:MK 2-21, LFCC '07-'14, CM:Midlands 1-3, CM:L 1-2, Hub 2-4, Glasgow '09, , Bad Wolf, EMS 1-2, DSTL 1-2, CFCC 1, WLFCC '13

#11 Starbug

Starbug

Cinematographer

• Members
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

its a good idea but i am gonna have to go for the april fools i would be up for it it dosent seem realistic but it is a nice idea

Big Guests Wants

Will Smith Sylvester Stallone Simon Pegg Nick Frost Bruce Willis David Tennant Peter Capaldi Christoper Eccelstone Robert Carlyle Cillian Murphy John Simm Andrew Lincoln and any other walking dead actor

TWD stars I have met so far ; Greg Nicotero ( TWD Director ) Sarah Wayne Callies ( Lori Grimes ) Norman Reedus ( Daryl Dixon ) Sonequa Martin Green ( Sasha ) Alana Masterson ( Tara ) Michael Cudlitz ( Abraham )

Cristian Serratos ( Rosita ) Ross Marquand ( Aaron ) Jon Bernthal ( Shane ) David Morrissey ( The Governor )  Chad Coleman ( Tyreese ) Lawrence Gilliard Jr ( Bob Stookey ) Laurie Holden ( Andrea } Michael Traynor ( Nicolas )

Jose Pablo Cantillo ( Martinez ) Steve Coulter ( Reg Monroe ) Jane McNiell ( Patricia ) Vincent Ward ( Oscar ) Andrew Rothenberg ( Jim )  and Michael Koske ( Walker )  

#12 adam.anouer

adam.anouer

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

This time next year you can travel with the stars on the Hogwarts Express at the first ever mobile signing event! This brand new concept in mobile signing events will start at London Euston station at 10am, travel to Birmingham New Street, then return to London by 5.30pm. You can join at either station or stay on the train for the whole trip (discounted tickets are available for one way travel).

Obviously it will be difficult to have all the attendees walking up and down the carriages (the corridors are quite narrow) so we have arranged for you to stay in your seats and bring the guests to meet you! (Any of you who have been to a Massive Events gold pass drinks reception will know how this works). Yes, the guests will stop at every table to sign autographs and have a brief chat with you, before moving on to the next table/carriage.

We have also been able to organise a photo shoot area in the end carriage and a talk area at the front of the train (seating is limited), so this will be just like other Collectormania events, only it will be run in both London and Birmingham at the same time!

There will be two types of ticket available, first (gold) class and second (standard) class. The first class ticket will entitle you to your own private carriage (seats 6) whilst the second class ticket gives you a seat in the main, open carriages. There will also be a dining car on the train. Travel tickets will be on sale on our online shop shortly and photo shoots will be added as soon as our first guests are announced.

So why not join us on a adventure this time next year as Collectormania goes mobile! Don't forget to add the date to your diaries. 1/4/2013. And check out the website for more information.

Jason you never cease you Amaze. It's a brilliant idea in theory. Can't wait to see how it goes.

Adam Anouer
Actor, Legend!
Never hesitate to ask for my Facebook, IMDB Page or my Twitter Account.
www.imdb.com/name/nm4732903/

#13 CosmicAvatar

CosmicAvatar

Cinematographer

• Members
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Haha, nice one! I actually got excited for a moment. The logistics would have been bonkers in reality (photoshoots on a moving train? Although if anyone can, Malcolm can), but it did sound quite cool...

Some of my meetage: Jensen Ackles, Freema Agyeman, Gillian Anderson, David Anders, Amir Arison, Rene Auberjonois, Erick Avari, Jane Badler, Tom Baker, Scott Bakula, Adam Baldwin, John Barrowman, Amber Benson, Brian Blessed, Barry Bostwick, Grant Bowler, Nick Brendon, Avery Brooks, LeVar Burton, Adam Busch, Charisma Carpenter, Joanna Cassidy, Emma Caulfield, Chris Claremont, Jenna Louise Coleman, Misha Collins, Jeffrey Combs, Bernard Cribbins, Lenora Crichlow, Benedict Cumberbatch, Charles Dance, John Rhys Davies, Nicole de Boer, Thomas Dekker, John DeLancie, Peter Dinklage, Michael Dorn, Nelsan Ellis, Robert Englund, Terry Farrell, Lou Ferrigno, Nathan Fillion, Carrie Fisher, Jerome Flynn, Michelle Forbes, Michael J Fox, Jonathan Frakes, Michael Gambon, Mark Gatiss, Karen Gillan, Jack Gleeson, Summer Glau, Iain Glen, Julian Glover, Greg Grunberg,Joel Gretsch, Linda Hamilton, David Hasselhoff, Richard Hatch, Rutger Hauer, Anthony Head, Lena Headey, JG Hertzler, Lance Henriksen, Christopher Heyerdahl, John Hurt, Michael Ironside, Derek Jacobi, Famke Jansen, Richard Kiel, Alex Kingston, Phil LaMarr, Christopher Lambert, Juliet Landau, Stan (The Man) Lee, Robert Knepper, Walter Koenig, Nicholas Lea, Fredric Lehne, Christopher Lloyd, Joe Manganiello, James Marsters, Robert Maschio, Ian McDiarmid, Malcolm McDowell, Gates McFadden, Jason Momoa, Glenn Morshower, Kate Mulgrew, Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine, Nichelle Nichols, Leonard Nimoy, Edward James Olmos, Robert O'Reilly, Jeremy Renner, Jared Padalecki, Hayden Panettiere, Jim Parrack, Adrian Pasdar, Robert Patrick, Bill Paxton, Ron Perlman, Mitch Pileggi, Billie Piper, Suzi Plakson, Terry Pratchett, Sendhil Ramamurthy, J August Richards, Jeff Ricketts, Andrew Robinson, Mark Rolston, Stephanie Romanov, Cristine Rose, Brandon Routh, Jeri Ryan, Robin Sachs, Katee Sackhoff, William Shatner, Mark Sheppard, Morgan Sheppard, Armin Shimerman, John Simm, Marina Sirtis, Tom Sizemore, Matt Smith, Brent Spiner, Jewel Staite, Patrick Stewart, Kristine Sutherland, George Takei, David Tennant, TJ Thyne, Stephen Tobolowsky, Russell Tovey, Alan Tudyk, Aidan Turner, Karl Urban, Milo Ventimiglia, Nana Visitor, Sigourney Weaver, Steven Williams, Tom Wlaschiha, DB Woodside.

#14 gobo1979uk

gobo1979uk

Locations Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

ØŸJust going to A&E because my sides have splitØŸ
Hey everyone. Add me on twitter @GarethW1138 love to get more geeky friends on there.

#15 dwarfbabe

dwarfbabe

Art Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

What platform will it depart from? 9¾ perhaps? :D

#16 Kuato_Lives

Kuato_Lives

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Richard Kiel please so I can fight him like James Bond
So, you wanna play Boggle or Super Mario Bros?

Twitter : @Kuato_lives

#17 LoonyWeasley

LoonyWeasley

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

it would be an awesome idea if the Hogwarts Express had classes!!

Happy 1st April SM

#18 Helen26

Helen26

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

LOL. Good one. :P Be interesting to see if it could work.

#19 showmasters

showmasters

Showmasters

• Showmasters Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,102 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

It was of course an April Fools. Congratulations all those who figured it out!
As much fun as the event would be, it would be a logistical nightmare. Anyone who has tried to write on a train will know just how wobbly the signatures would be, and I don't think even Malcolm would be able to shoot a straight photo on a moving vehicle!

info@showmastersevents.com
www.showmastersevents.com
www.massiveevents.co.uk

#20 Helen26

Helen26

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

The photos and autographs would certainly be unique! I wouldn't want to have to run through a wall to get on it though. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users