Thoughts About The Guests

AmberB

I really don't know what James Marsters' secret is, but I always come away from meeting him feeling like a giddy 14 year old! And as for the photoshoot, I've never seen anyone give so much energy to it.

He really does make you feel so special. :unsure::o

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One further thing I remember about Kristine, I don't always remember things people say to me, then they come to me afterwards.. aside from being lovely, when she asked what my name was (Matt) and I told her, she smiled and said ahh! that's the name of my favourite brother-in-law! :unsure:

The Jason Momoa oh f**k bit when I presented the Baywatch photo to him was very memorable, I wouldn't complain if I looked like he did haha.

Finally Nancy Loomis chatting to me, asking where I'd come from and being impressed with the photo taken of her and myself when I showed it to her on the camera :o

My friend Mike went to see Katy Manning, we just hung around nearby while they were talking, she was lovely too, he was feeling a bit rough from the night before and she said something like ahh did you have a drinkey or two? lol.

I think even if you're not as familiar with some of the guests or their roles, if you meet them in person and they are as nice to you as some of the ones we have met, even if it's a character you hate on the TV, you do learn to seperate the actor from the character and respect them a lot more than you did before. If you don't know who they are and you meet them with a friend who's a fan and they are so warm and friendly, they win you over anyway, I always find that. I've heard of Katy Manning, I'm not a Dr Who fan so I'm not familiar with her work, the only thing I knew about her is that she'd posed nude with some daleks (a photo of which we saw being gladly signed). But after Mike met her, I thought she was just fab!

in fact all the girls coming out had a very pink face and a dazed expression on them! lol

my mate got roared at by the photographer coz she wasn't paying attention coz she was so flustered by James! we could hear him shouting and James laughing his head off - he was lovely with her though and told her to ignore him!

LMAO! I think that girl was a few in front of me, unless there were more than one. "LOOK AT THE CAMERA! NOT AT JAMES!"

Haha, I realised just as I went to collect my bags that I must've looked completely out of it when I came out. I had NO idea what to do with myself :o

Ohhhhhh and btw i did see you working on Saturday but you always seemed to be busy(or maybe you just tried to look busy when i went past i dunno lol) so i didn't wanna stop you just to say" hi ", but anyway...when you've gathered yourself together from your James experience, drop me a line on my email addy on my profile,just want to check your aware of something and can't really discuss it on here okies. :unsure:

Edited by Captain_Kronos

I really don't know what James Marsters' secret is, but I always come away from meeting him feeling like a giddy 14 year old! And as for the photoshoot, I've never seen anyone give so much energy to it.

He really does make you feel so special. :unsure::o

Its the eye contact! just makes you melt ...... swoons

I met Adrian who I thought was a very sweet guy, Connor was great once he got over his hangover LOL, Torri is so adorable and sweet, Jason is a bit of a nutcase (but in a good way) David Nykl is one funny guy and James definatley has a way with the ladies! The highlight had to be Adrian who just blew me away by how nice he is!

I met

TORRI HIGGINSON - So lovely! She is one awesome lady, so friendly and chatty to everyone! Great talk too.

JASON MOMOA - Pretty quiet (maybe he was tired) during the day (got up to some antics at night though I heard!) but I enjoyed his talk with...

DAVID NYKL - One of my all time favourite people :) He was so nice to everyone, his talk was great and he really had time for everyone.

CONNOR TRINEER - Again a bit quiet, but he had Dominic to do the talking for him :eek:

JAMES MARSTERS - O.M.G! Can't wait for my picture to get sent out to me!

All guests were really nice - highlights being Torri Higginson, Lance Henriksen and James Marsters.

- He loves Cardiff!!!!! He wants to live there. Look forward to seeing him again soon.

DEFINITELY for me too! Torri was the nicest, bubbliest, happiest, friendliest and all round most awesome guest I've seen since (and before) Nathan Fillion! Lance Henriksen was just so warm and really made my morning. And James Marsters... holy s***, man... I'm sure he's done it to plenty of girls over the day but he kept complimenting me on my looks/cheerleading outfit and saying stuff. I wasn't expecting him to be hot but by the time I walked away I was thinking "Dear god, look at me like that again and I'll do anything you ask" :eek::o I was SHAKING. That was completely unexpected.

You are such a floozie Bec! :P

This is what i thought of the guests:

Adrian Pasdar - nice but a shame he wouldn't even let me take a photo of him signing the pic

Malcom McDowell - very friendly and took a bit of time to talk to me even though he was a bit rushed (understandably so)

Claudia Christian - very pleasant and really took some time to talk to me, as well as letting me have a photo with her

Connor Trineer - friendly and let me have a photo of him

Dominic Keating - nice but a shame i couldn't have a photo

Lance Henriksen - one of the best guests, very friendly and has a nice chat with me, as well as letting me have a photo with him, really listened and really seemed interested

Torri Higginson - i've saved the best for last. She was lovely, taking time to have a chat with me and have a nice photo with me, as well as writing a personal message with the autograph. Despite the fact that she was very busy she still took the time to really converse with the fans

Overall, i think the guests were great. If only they had all let me have photos with them it would have been perfect.

Met...

Kristine sutherland - she was fab...had a nice little chat with her, a lovely very down to earth lady :) another buffy star to add to my list :)

James marsters - ive met him before but i was only like 14 at the time...im now 19 and the shaking and weakness at the knees hasnt got any easier LOL...i was shaking like mad...although i did say more to him this time....and he gave me a sexy little ''ooooooh hellooooo'' *swoooon* lol

hes just a genuinly lovely guy and when u meet him he gives you his full attention and loads of eye contact etc!

u can tell i love him a little TOO much lol...i could rant about how wonderful he is all day :eek:

x

Met...

Kristine sutherland - she was fab...had a nice little chat with her, a lovely very down to earth lady :) another buffy star to add to my list :)

James marsters - ive met him before but i was only like 14 at the time...im now 19 and the shaking and weakness at the knees hasnt got any easier LOL...i was shaking like mad...although i did say more to him this time....and he gave me a sexy little ''ooooooh hellooooo'' *swoooon* lol

hes just a genuinly lovely guy and when u meet him he gives you his full attention and loads of eye contact etc!

u can tell i love him a little TOO much lol...i could rant about how wonderful he is all day :P

x

Good to hear you made it in time :eek: you just reminded me i was watching a film with James in the other week where he's walking round in his underwear most of the time hmmm now what was it called :headscratch:

Its probably been said I haven't look through this yet, but James Marsters was amazing this time.

The photoshoot was so much fun! last time it was just an arm around the shoulders this time it was just full on hugging, and I even got a kiss.

He was very talkative at his table too, we were talking about the sex pistols for a bit, he was even like, I just want to hold your hand for a bit.

So much better than when he was milton keynes.

The best guest for me was Danny Webb - such a nice guy and happy to chat and pose for photos.

I was really looking forward to meeting him and was not disappointed - and at just a tenner he was a real bargain!

He really does make you feel so special. :wub::D

Its the eye contact! just makes you melt ...... swoons

Yeah, and calling people "sweetheart" :wub: *THUD*

I swear I nearly collapsed when I got out of there - I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who didn't quite know where to put myself afterwards :P I said thank you this time too - after running away in shock last time, I promised I'd say it this time, so I squeezed his hand, said thank you and then went home and worried that I might've hurt his sore hand!!!! :o I can't win....

Heehee, I don't know whether to be disappointed or relieved that I didn't get to meet James now. I'd probably have made a complete twit of myself if he'd tried some of that stuff on me!

I mainly went to see Adrian Pasdar and he was lovely. It was quite hard to get a conversation going (I wonder if he's a bit shy unless he's in familiar company as I'm very like that and damn, it's so hard when you're drooling and all that), but he actually called out to me with afterthought comments both times I visited him (oh, the love!). And in the photo session - dear lord... *thud*

I wish I'd been able to talk to Lance Henriksen as well as I think he's a great actor, but I'm afraid I dried. He gave me such a sweet smile, though.

Quite possibly my favourite convention ever.

Lance was wonderful! I was talking to him about the most random of stuff, none of which I actually remember now except for us talking about my photos with him. He's one of my favourites :P I'm was SO happy when I walked away. He even drew "Bec + Lance : )" in a heart, LMAO! So cute.

And I have to second that - Sunday at Gmex was my favourite con day EVER. Busy enough to make it a nice atmosphere but quiet enough to give me some great and very chatty moments with the guests.

Edited by Psychosis

. And James Marsters... holy s***, man... I'm sure he's done it to plenty of girls over the day but he kept complimenting me on my looks/cheerleading outfit and saying stuff. I wasn't expecting him to be hot but by the time I walked away I was thinking "Dear god, look at me like that again and I'll do anything you ask" :smile::lol: I was SHAKING. That was completely unexpected.

Soo glad it wasnt just me!! I came out of that photoshoot shaking and spazzing just a bit too much!!! He pulled me sooo close for a hug and said "I was hoping you'd be in the photoshoot line" or something like that......I nearly died on the spot!!! It's way he just looks right into your eyes. For that coupla seconds it's like you're the only 2 people in the world. *swoon lol*

Torri was just the nicest person I've ever met.

Jason is an absolute nutter (don't trust him with a pen knife!!)!

Was fab to meet Adrian is less hectic circumstances. Such a lovely guy.

David Nykl, Connor Trineer and Danny Dyer also deserve a special mention <3

All in all was an awesome weekend!

xxxxx

By about 3pm on Saturday I was sat at the side of the hall opening a box of trading cards I bought on one of the stalls. A tall, dark, sexy (I'm getting carried away here but I can't help it) man came up to me and just kinda staed at me. I stared right back at him, in a , "Err, hello random?" way, and then he smiled and said hey. I was like, "Um, hello." He asked me if I'd pulled anything good, and I was like, "Yeah, a Vinnie Jones autograph which is cool." He said, "Vinnie Jones, nice one man. Good luck, see ya later." I was like, "Ok... um, bye."

When I looked up at the big photo billboards of the guests hanging above the autograph tables, I realised it was Jason Mamoa.

Melt! I need to start watching Stargate now. Haha!

Other than my random and accidental conversation with sexy Stargate man, I met Adrian Pasdar who was a proper gentleman. So, so nice in the photoshoot, and when I went to go and get his autograph he remembered me. He instigated a hand shake which I thought was really polite and shows how down to earth and happy to meet fans he is.

A HUGE thank you goes out to Showmasters for getting such lovely guests, Adrian in particular, and for putting on a truly fab show this weekend.

Cheers guys!

Olly

Malcolm McDowell aka Mr "badass" linderman/Alex de large called me darling :o nice man wish i asked him a question but the guy sitting next to him told me to HURRY.b*****d :chair:

You do not specify which day this happened, but I was Malcolm's assistant at the table on Sunday.

If that was when you met Malcolm, I can assure you that I would have said nothing of the sort.

Malcolm was consistently busy and also his time was limited, as he had to leave at 4pm prompt.

While he was talking to attendees, I called the next person forward in order to check how many autographs they were getting, and the correct order of dedications in cases where some were buying for absent friends.

I certainly do not recall this incident, and Malcolm made a point to speak with each attendee.

HoD

• Showmasters Admin

Malcolm McDowell aka Mr "badass" linderman/Alex de large called me darling :o nice man wish i asked him a question but the guy sitting next to him told me to HURRY.b*****d :chair:

You do not specify which day this happened, but I was Malcolm's assistant at the table on Sunday.

If that was when you met Malcolm, I can assure you that I would have said nothing of the sort.

Malcolm was consistently busy and also his time was limited, as he had to leave at 4pm prompt.

While he was talking to attendees, I called the next person forward in order to check how many autographs they were getting, and the correct order of dedications in cases where some were buying for absent friends.

I certainly do not recall this incident, and Malcolm made a point to speak with each attendee.

HoD

On Saturday it was Kayla sat with Malcolm, so if it was a guy it had to be you Nick.

Kristine was really nice! she came round the table for my picture too

And so was craig charles and chris barrie.

When I was at Michael Tarns table, Malcolm was like 'how come you get all the pretty ones?' that just made my day really, how nice he was :dance:

Haha, I remember that! Mainly because I was standing at Malcom's table at the time. Thanks for that, Malcolm. :D