Raylenth

Films watched in 2019

Posted (edited)

Right so I think I have actually managed to see more films in 2019 than I did in 2018 already!! Admittedly mostly ones I'm catching up on but still.

The Shape of Water. What an odd. Great cast though!

Mission Impossible Fallout. I'm a bit sentimental about the MI film since I saw the first in the cinema way back when. It did the job, solid action film, enjoyed it!

Justice League. Watched this with my husband again cause he hadn't seen it yet. God it really is terrible, disliked it even more on this second viewing.

Edited by Broo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Broo said:

Right so I think I have actually managed to see more films in 2019 than I did in 2018 already!! Admittedly mostly ones I'm catching up on but still.

The Shape of Water. What an odd. Great cast though!

Mission Impossible Fallout. I'm a bit sentimental about the MI film since I saw the first in the cinema way back when. It did the job, solid action film, enjoyed it!

Justice League. Watched this with my husband again cause he hadn't seen it yet. God it really is terrible, disliked it even more on this second viewing.

I actually just watched The Shape Of Water on Friday for the first time. I actually loved it, cast was awesome as you say. It is an odd film I suppose but it is great at the same time.

• Like 1

Inside Out.  It was OK, not one of my favourite Disney/Pixar films.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Inside Out.  It was OK, not one of my favourite Disney/Pixar films.

giphy.gif

I watched this tonight, it is the best Pixar film, and one of the greatest films ever made.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, natedammit said:

giphy.gif

I watched this tonight, it is the best Pixar film, and one of the greatest films ever made.

You need to go and watch Coco then. Or watch it again and admit the truth if you already have ;)

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You need to go and watch Coco then. Or watch it again and admit the truth if you already have ;)

I watched Coco a couple of weeks ago. It was really good, one of the better Pixar films (and that's a very high standard). Inside Out is on another level though. Also, Up sucks.

9 hours ago, natedammit said:

I watched Coco a couple of weeks ago. It was really good, one of the better Pixar films (and that's a very high standard). Inside Out is on another level though. Also, Up sucks.

Was totally on your side for a minute then you said UP sucks :laugh:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, only_jay said:

totally on your side

Ha! Do you see that Roy? Do you seeeeee?

Inside Out is one of Pixar's best movies, I love it. I also agree that Up is overrated if it wasn't for the first 15 minutes it would be considered a mediocre story.

30 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Inside Out is one of Pixar's best movies, I love it. I also agree that Up is overrated if it wasn't for the first 15 minutes it would be considered a mediocre story.

My opinions are being validated. This is new for me.

11 hours ago, natedammit said:

I like Up, and my sister and her partner are basically the spitting image of Carl and Ellie so it has extra resonance!

40 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Even a broken clock is right once a day :freak2:

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Even a broken clock is right once a day :freak2:

Twice, actually.

Posted (edited)

Aquaman

Loved it, a very light DC movie, potentially the savior of the DC universe. Great visual effects, good music and good acting. Reminded me a lot of Thor Ragnarok though in type of humor and also a lot of style elements of Tron Legacy in filming style and music.

The crimes of Grindelwald

It feels like a set up movie, which it is for the coming three other fantastic beasts movies. A lot of references to Harry Potter, which is ok. I liked Jude law as Dumbledore, but the best actor was Johnny Depp, he pleasantly surprised me. I really loved him as Grindelwald. 

Edited by Kurdamoni

6 hours ago, natedammit said:

Oh God what has become of me if I am validating your opinions :huh::blink:

23 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Oh God what has become of me if I am validating your opinions :huh::blink:

Image result for shunning picture

Another film watched! Dr Strange - pretty straightforward plot but gosh visually stunning!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Broo said:

Another film watched! Dr Strange - pretty straightforward plot but gosh visually stunning!

Good Broo.

Image result for pats on head gif

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Good Broo.

Image result for pats on head gif

tumblr_n2kl3v18rj1ttcey4o2_500.gif

• Haha 1

The Nun a second time.. love this type of movies. :dance:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Rampage.  Surprisingly OK for a Rock film.  Hardly a deep and introspective plot and the villains were very 2 dimensional, all they needed was a couple of 'mwaa ha haaa's' to be totally diabolical, but not a bad as I thought it would be, certainly a lot better than San Andreas.

And it had a giant flying wolf in it, so 'nuff said.

Edited by Raylenth

17 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

The Nun a second time.. love this type of movies. :dance:

I love The Nun! I went to see it at the cinema twice. It was really creepy and atmospheric! :smile:

Mary Poppins Returns was good but not great. Some parts were excellent but others were too drawn out or rehashed from the original. I wasn't expecting it to match the original but it was a passable effort.

I thought The Favourite was a passable film. It had some amusing moments and some memorable scenes but no enough for it to live up to its hype.

7 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Pacific Rim 2 Enjoyment in Disguise.  Ugh. Just ugh.  No*

*Also, Yes, GOD yes!

FIFY. ;)