General Chat

Wrong Name

23 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Hey guys :) long time no post! Been a bit absent this year, due to stresses and stuff. But just dropped enough on Hayden and Martin, so the hype is in full swing! 

Anyway, I had a quick question. I'm very familiar with the proper way to store flat autographed items. I've got my acid free sleeves, my archive quality storage stuff etc. But does anyone have any advice for storing 3D items (action figures, footballs, props). I always want to get something more interesting than a poster signed, but am always worried about the auto's long term viability.

Thanks in advance for any tips . 

I would have thought the whole 'keep them away from the sun' advice would still be very important. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

A general question. Have any of you had a body part signed by a guest and later had it tattooed?

Met someone at lfcc last year who was getting Superman actors' signatures tattooed on himself. Looked cool :)

I have no tattoos. No other decoration either, not even a wrist watch. I was asked at work if I ever would get a tattoo and I said no and if I ever got one it have to be something extra super very funky special. As I havent come across anything of that yet I am inkless.

Edited by Chris1970

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I have no tattoos. No other decoration either, not even a wrist watch. I was asked at work if I ever would get a tattoo and I said no and if I ever got one it have to be something extra super very funky special. As I havent come across anything of that yet I am inkless.

I would like a tattoo myself tho, but not of an autograph ^_^

I just know what I'm like and if I got a tattoo, I'd probably change my mind about it a year or so later. If there's something I like, I'll just get a t shirt of it. Much safer that way!

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I just know what I'm like and if I got a tattoo, I'd probably change my mind about it a year or so later. If there's something I like, I'll just get a t shirt of it. Much safer that way!

Probably what I have been doing. I have way too many t-shirts. :wacko:

10 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I deliberated for about 20 years on what tattoo I wanted precisely because of what you say, wanting to make sure it's something I definitely wanted forever. And when I knew what I wanted I researched into a lot of artists to get it in exactly the style I wanted. Got my first tattoo 3 years ago and so far still in love with it :)

• Like 2

So, with lfcc being just over 3 weeks away, that means schedule in roughly 2 weeks or so which means the fun part: Planning!! Can't wait to get stuck in! :dance:

(Note: not asking when it's being released ;) )

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Broo said:

So, with lfcc being just over 3 weeks away, that means schedule in roughly 2 weeks or so which means the fun part: Planning!! Can't wait to get stuck in! :dance:

tenor.gif

26 minutes ago, Broo said:

Got tickets printed and my Con bag packed already (minus snacks)! Just the schedule now and can start planning my day! :D

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

A line of text; 'Orbis non sufficit

Oh, that's very similar to my tattoo: 'Hovis non sufficit'. If you just ate bread, it would be rubbish, so you need to put stuff in the bread like ham or cheese or ham and cheese.

It's a metaphor for life.

51 minutes ago, Broo said:

I seem to remember it was early last year, maybe 2 weeks prior? My memory is abysmal though.

27 minutes ago, andyfilm_1 said:

Got tickets printed and my Con bag packed already (minus snacks)! Just the schedule now and can start planning my day! :D

My kind of con-goer! ;)

3 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I seem to remember it was early last year, maybe 2 weeks prior? My memory is abysmal though.

Oh that would be all kinds of awesome to get it early like that, but given that there sounds to be a good amount of announcements still to be made I'm thinking it'll be later :)

• Like 1