Big Guest Announcement - Wednesday 7pm

9 minutes ago, CelticRob said:

A few months ago Eccleston said this:

"I've never done conventions. I know there's a lot of money there, but I've always wanted to just earn my living by acting, and that's not a judgement on people who do them...it's just the way I am....I've avoided them so far, but who knows!"

Which is Showmasters thought they would never get him. I never know who the mystery guests are but I am convinced it’s him. I will generally be shocked if it’s not.

27 minutes ago, Orange-juice said:

He has not been ruled out as it’s obviously him :)

he toally fits all the clues and and makes perfect sense.

I would like Christopher Eccleston, but i'm still not convinced due to the level of the buzzwords used in the facebook announcement post. Stuff like 'people will talk about this one for years and look back and say this was the show when it happened'. Christopher Eccleston is my favourite doctor, and an instant DP for me, but i'm not sure even i'd consider him as someone big enough to warrent the above phrase. Obviously it's all subjective, and down to personal choice. It just feels to me that this will be someone who even a non-fan can look at and say 'wow, what a guest, well done SM' as opposed to someone who is really rare for a specific set of people (if you get what I mean). More of a Michael J Fox than a Tom F Wilson. 

This is in no way disparaging Christopher Eccleston of course (or Tom Wilson for that matter, great guy). He would be great. I'm also not saying only Doctor Who fans would want him. Just saying I don't think a lot of non-fans would consider him legendary.

Edited by tenaciouspirit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

At 6:57pm tomorrow can you please tell us if the guest is a Sir or Dame or not just for a mental 3 minutes before the announcement? :P 

Sam, you know they won't, they never do! :laugh:

I think they will say at that close to the announcement there's no point anyway.

6 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I would like Christopher Eccleston, but i'm still not convinced due to the level of the buzzwords used in the facebook announcement post. Stuff like 'people will talk about this one for years and look back and say this was the show when it happened'. Christopher Eccleston is my favourite doctor, and an instant DP for me, but i'm not sure even i'd consider him as someone big enough to warrent the above phrase. Obviously it's all subjective, and down to personal choice. It just feels to me that this will be someone who even a non-fan can look at and say 'wow, what a guest, well done SM' as opposed to someone who is really rare for a specific set of people (if you get what I mean). More of a Michael J Fox than a Tom F Wilson. 

This is in no way disparaging Christopher Eccleston of course. He would be great. I'm also not saying only Doctor Who fans would want him. Just saying I don't think a lot of non-fans would consider him legendary.

I hope you are right as I don’t like Dr Who and have zero interest in the cast but loads of conventions world wide would want him just because he is part of a set and he has also been in Marvel. So I still think the wording can fit him.

But I am   personally hoping  the guest is way bigger than him and a lot exciting.

2 minutes ago, Orange-juice said:

I hope you are right as I don’t like Dr Who and have zero interest in the cast but loads of conventions world wide would want him just because he is part of a set and he has also been in Marvel. So I still think the wording can fit him.

But I am   personally hoping  the guest is way bigger than him and a lot exciting.

He is a big guest indeed, but I think it will be a guest who has more fandoms than Doctor Who alone ;)