General Chat

23 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Went by the Olympia for the con this morning and there's no sign of life about the place, what's going on??? Am I too early or was the con moved to a different location??

OlympiaGoldOlympiaH

:crying:

did you knock on the door and ask to go in?

11 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

I didn’t get given a ball chain for my diamond passes on Sunday, I know I wouldn’t be able to get that now but I did see some people with lanyards with LFCC on it does anyone know where I can get one from?

Yeah, it's been ball chains the last couple of years.  Most people just reuse previous lanyards

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:
11 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

I didn’t get given a ball chain for my diamond passes on Sunday, I know I wouldn’t be able to get that now but I did see some people with lanyards with LFCC on it does anyone know where I can get one from?

Yeah, it's been ball chains the last couple of years.  Most people just reuse previous lanyards

I usually get custom lanyards made for my diamond passes but with Sam Neill being announced so late and me only deciding to buy David Duchovny's after that, they didn't arrive on time. My passes are hanging off them now though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I usually get custom lanyards made for my diamond passes but with Sam Neill being announced so late and me only deciding to buy David Duchovny's after that, they didn't arrive on time. My passes are hanging off them now though.

Your lanyard collection is

Image result for wait for it legendary gif

10 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

We thought about doing that. Where do you get you lanyards made wrong?

4 hours ago, Ravogd said:

Hey Chris. I tried to grab you to say hello on Sunday. Right by where Tony Robinson was signing on Saturday (didn’t see who was there on the Sunday sorry). You had your face in your phone and were walking quickly in the direction of photo area E so I guessed you had one of your many shoots and I didn’t want to interrupt you.

Haha! Well, it would have been nice. ^_^ I guess I was check my terrible schedule as I had photo ops on photo ops all the way up until my late lunch.

Just a little info. For those who want to keep contact outside this forum (sometimes it is easier and I am more often on it) just look me up on Facebook or Twitter. Chris Bergstedt on twitter, look for my full name Christian you will find me on facebook.

Edited by Chris1970

26 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Just a little info. For those who want to keep contact outside this forum (sometimes it is easier and I am more often on it) just look me up on Facebook or Twitter. Chris Bergstedt on twitter, look for my full name Christian you will find me on facebook.

I was gonna ask you about this so cheers for this :)

• Thanks 1

It may be a much smaller scale but I get to do it again next weekend at Glasgow Film and Comic Con. Katy Manning and Ingrid Oliver for me this time, and maybe Colin Baker again. I’ve met him so many times but he’s so nice I keep looking for things to get signed by him

13 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

It may be a much smaller scale but I get to do it again next weekend at Glasgow Film and Comic Con. Katy Manning and Ingrid Oliver for me this time, and maybe Colin Baker again. I’ve met him so many times but he’s so nice I keep looking for things to get signed by him

Lucky you wish I was doing another con soon haven’t got any planned yet but trying to find one!

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

Lucky you wish I was doing another con soon haven’t got any planned yet but trying to find one!

Well I hope you get something soon to keep the “buzz” going! I’m also going to complete the line up of Doctors tomorrow as I’m off to the Fringe to see the play that Sylvester McCoy’s in that meant he had to cancel LFCC. It’s also got the Doctor from Star Trek Voyager in it so we are hoping to do a bit of stage door stalking to grab a selfie and a signature or 2.

4 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Well I hope you get something soon to keep the “buzz” going! I’m also going to complete the line up of Doctors tomorrow as I’m off to the Fringe to see the play that Sylvester McCoy’s in that meant he had to cancel LFCC. It’s also got the Doctor from Star Trek Voyager in it so we are hoping to do a bit of stage door stalking to grab a selfie and a signature or 2.

Thanks I’m sure I’ll find something to do with my life soon haha! In the meantime watching Doctor Who every day will do :P That sounds great hope you have a nice time :D

Hi,

I was in the Lance Henriksen queue and I paid for two autographs - one for a signed photo and one for my poster. The crew member who took payment from me told me that I can have a second print to keep unsigned seeing that I have paid for two autographs.

This was a pleasant surprise because I've paid for two autographs from other guests in the past few years but never been offered a second unsigned photo to keep. I didn't take one in the end but for future reference, does this offer apply to all guests?

7 minutes ago, Chris C said:

Hi,

I was in the Lance Henriksen queue and I paid for two autographs - one for a signed photo and one for my poster. The crew member who took payment from me told me that I can have a second print to keep unsigned seeing that I have paid for two autographs.

This was a pleasant surprise because I've paid for two autographs from other guests in the past few years but never been offered a second unsigned photo to keep. I didn't take one in the end but for future reference, does this offer apply to all guests?

Generally no, that has only happened to me once, but there are always exceptions to what you are allowed to get, and occasionally what you just said can and does happen. So don't expect this to happen with guests, but it is a nice surprise if it does.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

6 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Generally no, that has only happened to me once, but there are always exceptions to what you are allowed to get, and occasionally what you just said can and does happen. So don't expect this to happen with guests, but it is a nice surprise if it does.

That’s not actually true. When you pay for your autograph the print is included in the price. Just because you have decided to get your own thing signed does not mean you cannot take a print. Most people don’t bother, and you are right that they hardly ever offer it to you but if you really wanted one they won’t stop you from taking it.

Edited by Ravogd

6 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

That’s not actually true. When you pay for your autograph the print is included in the price. Just because you have decided to get your own thing signed does not mean you cannot take a print. Most people don’t bother, and you are right that they hardly ever offer it to you but if you really wanted one they won’t stop you from taking it.

Ok then, thanks for explaining that :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

Sometimes the Crew will ask you not to take a print if you have your own item. Things can happen - a box may have not been packed, or in one case I remember ages ago there was serious water damage which led to a lot of Pictures being discarded.

The wording is "the Autograph costs such and such Price and Comes with a free print" by the way.