General Chat

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Easy to miss in this crowd, it was your dress I noticed, cant miss a blue Dr Who:ish dress :D

I’m surprised anyone saw much of me today to be honest I was just going rushing around in a Capaldi and Tennant frenzy all day!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I’m happy with this dp number because if I take the 4 away it’s 12 :P

David’s DP I didn’t get a number for some reason but it wasn’t a problem at any point 

My sister got 028 for David but we collected it at the end of the day yesterday, not sure if they were handing them out in order bought or just in order collected due to how rushed it was. It took us ages to actually purchase it because of the system so I doubt she was number 28. I'm so happy for you that you got to meet them both. They were both so lovely to us i am delighted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

My sister got 028 for David but we collected it at the end of the day yesterday, not sure if they were handing them out in order bought or just in order collected due to how rushed it was. It took us ages to actually purchase it because of the system so I doubt she was number 28. I'm so happy for you that you got to meet them both. They were both so lovely to us i am delighted.

Aww thanks you too, I’m nearly home now so I will be posting my pictures on here very soon!

2 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I kept seeing you guys in the queue this morning. I was one line over, so I kept walking past you as we were going in

Ah, right, you should've said something, spirit, was probably in a world of my own this morning, getting angsty to get in. lol

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

@wjbleming @Matthew Bleming Nice to meet you today guys hope you got everything done! :D

3 hours ago, wjbleming said:

It was great to meet you too! We didn't get Capaldi, Ray Park, Jewel Staite and Noel Clarke's autos (I think there was 1, maybe 2 others but I've a head like a seive! lol) but hey, it's the way of the con, taking a chance with them. Wasn't expecting to get Capaldi with VQs over 300 again today. :(

(Plus, it's good to know we're known to your family, Matthew heard your sister saying "There's the Blemings!" the 2nd time we seen you! :lol:)

It was great to meet you too R4.  Managed to get 20 photoshoots and 18 autographs, 5 of them being diamonds passes (Toby Robinson, Tom Baker, Matt Smith, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant).  Will be posting them on the forum when I get back home :D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Matthew Bleming said:

It was great to meet you too R4.  Managed to get 20 photoshoots and 18 autographs, 5 of them being diamonds passes (Toby Robinson, Tom Baker, Matt Smith, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant).  Will be posting them on the forum when I get back home :D

Great looking forward to it and well done on getting them all! :D

• Like 1

As requested here is a detailed description of my day yesterday:

Peter Capaldi photoshoot: The moment I got into the photo area and saw Peter for the first time is something I’ll never forget, walked up to him and he said hello, did his signature Doctor pose like he was doing for everyone else’s photo in the photo area but I didn’t care what pose I was doing, he had his arm round me and I had my arm round him so it was great! Looked at my photo afterwards and realised how large his hands are! 

Peter Capaldi autograph: There was a woman in front of me having her auto done and she was saying to Peter that the book he was signing was a stolen library book, Peter asked her if she was ever going to take it back to the library, she said no, Peter looked up at me and gave this kind of Doctorish jokingly disapproving look (if that makes sense!), I don’t know why but it was a shared moment between me and him so I don’t care! Went for my autograph he said hello asked me how I spell my name, I told him I’d got a special pen for him to use (an industrial grade sharpie because normal sharpies don’t work on my box sets) and he said oo special pen, got a lovely grin from him, shook his hand and said pleasure to meet you and he said you too!

Peter Capaldi talk: I loved Peter’s glasses! Talk was brilliant, he said he won’t come back to Doctor Who again, his favourite biscuit is a blue ribbon but he’s not really a biscuit lover, he then said you all want me to say my favourite biscuit is a penguin so I can say with his spam on fire! He’s not a fan of the sonic screwdriver, said he preferred the sonic glasses because they didn’t rip the lining of his jacket, his series 8 costume was designed by Paul Smith and that’s his favourite costume, favourite Doctor is Jodie Whittaker, says he’s not in the new Winnie the Pooh film a lot!

David Tennant TARDIS photoshoot: Walked into the photo area saw David for the first time, again will never forget that feeling and I started to frantically try and sort my hair out so it looked nice for the photo! Walked up he said hello in a kind of surprised but happy way, I think it was because he had seen loads of older people before me so I suppose it was something a bit different haha, had my arm round him he had his arm round me again brilliant! Can’t believe how skinny and tall he is!

David Tennant autograph: Walked up he said hello in a very high pitched voice I gave him my pen and he also said oo special pen asked me where I wanted my auto singing, talked about how I’d been waiting since I was 6 to meet him and that I’m 21 now and told him that I’d seen him in Richard II and he said that’s lovely thank you very much, I said nice to meet you and he said you too bye!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

loved Peter’s glasses! Talk was brilliant, he said he won’t come back to Doctor Who again, his favourite biscuit is a blue ribbon but he’s not really a biscuit lover, he then said you all want me to say my favourite biscuit is a penguin so I can say with his spam on fire! He’s not a fan of the sonic screwdriver, said he preferred the sonic glasses because they didn’t rip the lining of his jacket, his series 8 costume was designed by Paul Smith and that’s his favourite costume, favourite Doctor is Jodie Whittaker, says he’s not in the new Winnie the Pooh film a lot!

Did you ask him a question? I was in the Meat Loaf talk before and managed to get front row right at the centre as the crew didn't make me go in and out again due to my wristband (very grateful!). There was so many people wanting to ask him questions. I loved what he said about Jodie. And when he joked about there being a reunion upstairs after being asked if he would do a multi doctor episode :lol: