Some thoughts about this years LFCC from Jason :-)

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Everyone

I pop on here from time to time to see what everyone is thinking and saying and i have to say over the years it dose really change each years.

Tonight we announced a good solid guest and we are pleased he will be joining us over the weekend, and i have read a few comments here and there that are interesting i do feel that over the last few years we may have spoilt some of the fans that attend our events ?, This year we have managed to get some rare guests that do not ever really come to the UK or are just rare guests but people are saying well its not that big a line up :-) , but if we had this line up 5 years ago i know people would be saying wow thats the best line up ever :-) , at the end of the day we bring a good selection of guests from both old and new shows and make them available at a fare price and in a controlled way so its safe and were you know that you will get what you have paid for , our photo shoots are guaranteed so you will get what you have paid for and all the pass holders get what they are meant to get also, we do this in a sensible way where you know what to expect so there is no need for pushing or shoving or worrying if you are going to get what you have paid for by the time you go home , so we will keep on delivering good fun events where you can trust we will deliver, our amazing crew of fans that are just like you that work hard all weekend so we can deliver these amazing shows so you can all go to events that you will look back on and say wow that was a great day and i got to meet some incredible people.

Over the years we have managed to bring you guests that at the time people were not that amazed by or did not think that much about meeting them , but looking back now to guests like Robert Pattinson, Leonard Nimoy , Pat Morita , Ian Somerhalder , Corey Haim , and many many more its interesting how many people look back and say wow i met them ?

i talk to people all the time that say to me wow i wish i could have met them or its amazing that i did get to meet them and i was at the show ? , this will be the case in the future as time gos on , it dose make me smile sometimes when i here , well there is no one i care about this year or i do not know anyone , it truly makes me smile , this year as a fan i want to meet around 15 of the guests and i am so pleased that they have take the time to come to this years event , so i hope you will al have a great weekend with us at this years LFCC and remember we still have many weeks for many new guests to be added to the line up , so see you all in a few weeks

Jason

• Like 11

I regret that in 2014 as it was my 1st time ever and had o idea how things work I didn;t meet Milo Ventimiglia and Summer Glau. It was just horrible for me. Now wishing they will be back. Personally I am very happy with the line up and as I said previously I wish people stopped moaning about everything. Thanks for trying Showmasters. I am very happy.

• Like 3

Personally I'm already meeting 15-18 guests, so it's as good of a line-up as I've seen at LFCC before for me. Even for the guests I'm not interested in, I can appreciate that there are some rare people among them...and for pretty reasonable prices for the most part, to be honest! £20 for Harold Perrineau? Bargain.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Ha Raylenth i think you hit the nail on the head with this years guest :-)

Do you think all the Star Wars fans will wish they had met Mads after December :-D we both know that will happen :-)

Well thank you for the kind words and thank you for your support and i really think this years event is in a great place were we do have something for everyone and we do still have some big hitters to come still :-)

I'm currently at 21 amd I'm very happy so far . Last year was my first lfcc and my first convention and that one will live with me for a while . But I really like this year's line up so far and there are still more to come which is why I got my gold pass so I can fit it all In

I'm meeting 10 guests so far and never in my wildest dreams imagine did i imagine I'd be meeting Famke Janssen, Ron Perlman and Judge Reinhold to name but three in few weeks time. I still pinch myself and think about last years event when I got to talk Christopher Lloyd, Michael J Fox and Sigourney Weaver these are great memories that will last a lifetime.

We will never met all our heroes from Film & T.V but it's nice to know at these events at least we can have the chance to met some of them...

A lot of the time a 'big' guest is subjective. I remember last year there was a post from someone that said Michael J Fox wasn't a major guest. You can't please everyone.

For me there are a few guests I am looking forward to meeting for this LFCC and I think overall the event is getting bigger and better each year.

i am on 14 guests so far and have bought my first ever Diamond Pass Famke Janssan I dread to think that we are getting more names as my wallet cant take it any more the only thing that was gutting was Sam Neil cancelling this year I hope he will get announced at a future event I may moan occasionally but you do a fantastic job

People are always moaning (i'd use different word but it's forbidden). Of course you can't please everyone but then you can shut up and stop posting everywhere you can how unhappy you are about the guests. I am happy and unhappy. I mean obviously I would like to meet some of my favourites, but then i am happy that they are not (yet) here as i am broke lol so no guest more money for moi to spend on things i don't need ;)

Certainly raises some thoughts Jason, well done for that at least. In order for any FCC to be successful, you need something for everyone, unless it's advertised as a GoT convention, a Stars Wars Weekend or whatever. I've got 4 on my list this year with another 2 being considered tho mindful of potential announcements not yet made, so for me, this year is great. Each to their own - my girlfriend is BTTF daft so last year was like the best Christmas ever for her, and tho that's not my cup of tea, I still met 4 people that were cool. So in short, we are grateful for what we get - some are not for me, some are good and some are great - but never gonna criticise Showmasters for a lack of effort, coz it's always greatly appreciated and the days thoroughly enjoyed.

jason is there a chance of getting christopher lambert this year as my 1st con was with stan lee i didnt even know about these cons b4 wish i did lambert is a great actor and id love to have at least a chance of meeting him at this con do you think it could happen as its highlander is 30 years old would be great to have a highlander reunion

jason is there a chance of getting christopher lambert this year as my 1st con was with stan lee i didnt even know about these cons b4 wish i did lambert is a great actor and id love to have at least a chance of meeting him at this con do you think it could happen as its highlander is 30 years old would be great to have a highlander reunion

1st of all you can put this in the guest suggestion thread and 2nd of all SM never will tell who they will or won't have. You have to wait

Do you think all the Star Wars fans will wish they had met Mads after December :-D we both know that will happen :-)

Not me, I've spent 1000s on Star Wars autographs over the past 20 years, but as it was, that was a finite collection. Since Disney it's become infinite - so I'm just sticking to Episodes 1-6, otherwise I'd be spending the rest of my life doing it, as well as having to get Mark and Carrie again.

And I think its more fun taking a back seat and leaving the running around to the next generation. Just enjoy the films as films.

As I said on the other thread, its all the small £10 guests lacking so far for me. Right now I've three guests I want - one Sat/Sun, one Sat, one Sun. I'm seriously considering just doing Sunday.

Big hitters great. Might get one or two good for me. Small hitters, I can spent £100 on the right small hitter if not met before.

Edited by TerraHawk

Not me, I've spent 1000s on Star Wars autographs over the past 20 years, but as it was, that was a finite collection. Since Disney it's become infinite - so I'm just sticking to Episodes 1-6, otherwise I'd be spending the rest of my life doing it, as well as having to get Mark and Carrie again.

And I think its more fun taking a back seat and leaving the running around to the next generation.

As I said on the other thread, its all the small £10 guests lacking so far for me. Right now I've three guests I want - one Sat/Sun, one Sat, one Sun. I'm seriously considering just doing Sunday.

Big hitters great. Might get one or two good for me. Small hitters, I can spent £100 on the right small hitter if not met before.

Same as me, some great guests have been announced so far but I love to meet the smaller £10/£15 Star Wars guests who are always really friendly and pleased to chat with you 👍🏻
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Sometimes you get people complaining there are too many good guests at an event, and they can't afford them all, and Showmasters should spread them out :D

So yeah, can't win ;)

• Like 2

1st of all you can put this in the guest suggestion thread and 2nd of all SM never will tell who they will or won't have. You have to wait

Which, with all due respect, Avenger well knows but keeps asking anyway.

Ha Raylenth i think you hit the nail on the head with this years guest :-)

Well thank you for the kind words and thank you for your support and i really think this years event is in a great place were we do have something for everyone and we do still have some big hitters to come still :-)

I think you are right about that, but the only problem Jason is you're getting them too early! There's no Dr Strange official posters available for months, I've ordered one someone has managed to print out A3 sized from America, I can't find a high enough res pic to print out a poster myself and the same will be true for the Star Wars fan I imagine! How could you do this to me? Get one of the actors I want but months before the one film I want to get him for is out. It's so unfair! :clap::angel: