Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

Based on Stan Lee would it not be smart to be able to PRE BOOK an autograph?? or could you not get a VQ ticket on Friday ready for saturday and sunday. SURELY something has to be put in place so its not another trample fest, to be able to pre book an auto for such a guest is wise.

If you mean pre book for an in person auto It would be very hard to run. How many would they offer? I know what you mean, it would make things a lot easier for attendees if you knew you had an auto ticket but the variables are too great. If they sell 500 for example but Ms Weaver is a slow signer or lots of people get multiple autos what happens if they only get through 300 of those tickets. The other 200 will be up in arms demanding the auto they have paid for.

As for giving out the tickets on Friday that is extremely unfair, it would force people to take days off they maybe can't/don't want to, possibly pay for an extra day's accommodation just to be there on friday to get one slip of paper.

There have been designated queues for popular guests before too. I don't know if this is the plan for Sigourney - I currently don't even have an idea if the venue allows this - but that would be one method for crowd control for example.

Raylenth is definitely right, handing out VT on Friday for the other days is definitely not going to happen.

Other than reading it on this thread I didn't know it had been tried before but it's interesting that they have. Like you said SM will have their reasons for doing/not doing it. I suppose if you kept the numbers small it might be doable and go to a vq/open queue after.

Edited by Raylenth

How do you get vq tickets sorry never done vq's before

You keep saying you have a Gold Pass. We've explained to you a million times already about Gold Passes and VQ tickets.

Also please give me a chance to answer and don't ask the same thing twice within 4 minutes. I am flying solo tonight and I kind of have my hands full.

You keep saying you have a Gold Pass. We've explained to you a million times already about Gold Passes and VQ tickets.

Also please give me a chance to answer and don't ask the same thing twice within 4 minutes. I am flying solo tonight and I kind of have my hands full.

sorry for some reason it repeated the same question twice was wondering is there anymore guests today and well done getting her this summer's event is awesome

With an announcement this big, I doubt we'll get any more tonight.

Now I'm confused.

Is she a diamond pass only guest or can we pick up a VT to meet her with a Gold Pass?

No, she is not a Diamond Pass only guest. What makes you think she is? The first post only says a Diamond Pass is the only way to be guaranteed to meet her, not that she's an exclusive. This part was added because we always have some new attendees that think they can come at 3 PM and walk right up to a guest. This is for sure not going to happen with Sigourney.

• Like 1

My top 6 DREAM celeb guests in no particular order:

- Jack Nicholson (NEVER gonna happen)

- Pierce Brosnan (EXTREMELY unlikely)

- Gillian Anderson (met her twice thanks to Showmasters!)

- Sir Patrick Stewart (met him three times thanks to Showmasters!)

- Arnold Schwarzeneggar (he seems up for laugh, reckon he could be persuaded one day)

AND
- Sigourney Weaver

THANK YOU Showmasters. Sincerely.

I, and I'm sure many others, are ecstatic that you are taking greater chances to build even greater events by booking guests such as Weaver. Don't get me wrong, £90+ autos and photos are a hard pill to swallow, most attendees I am sure are not rich, but is nice to be given the option of the opportunity to meet these once in a lifetime guests.

£395 is a lot for a Diamond Pass, but that is what the 'emergency credit card' is for so I have bought one. For the sake of not killing my budget, for guests I want to meet I would have just gone with an auto and a normal photo, but I'm not missing the chance to meet her. The Powerloader photo sounds pretty cool and I would have bought an auto + photo from Carrie Henn anyway so there are appreciated additions to the package. I don't normally do the talks as I always try to limit my expenditure at these events but both talks will be rare and, no doubt fun, exceptions for me. It does seem good value overall, if you can say that for a £400 ticket(!) but I guess it is all subjective and if that celebrity is worth it to each of us. Suffice it to say, she is worth it to me.

She is great actress and I'm sure a great lady. To this huge Alien and Weaver fan, this will be (without an exaggeration), the best show ever for me and barring the inclusion of any of the above guests at at a future date, will never be topped.

So excited for this show now.

Edited by Dent_1
  • Like 6

sorry for some reason it repeated the same question twice was wondering is there anymore guests today and well done getting her this summer's event is awesome

With an announcement this big, I doubt we'll get any more tonight.
its understandable wat an awesome guest at what ticket did u get I got the 110 ticket and might get Michael beihn and lance Hendrickson after all fingers crossed

I've bitten the bullet and gone Diamond, it's the first Diamond announcement where the cost of the parts of it I'm interested in (the autographs and shoots) come close to the cost of the pass (especially with Carrie's included) and the extra on top is worth it for the guarantee.

• Like 1

Hi Queen Sindel,

Maybe an important question one for many, if you could please pass the enquiry forward to be clarified in due time...

The Diamond Pass says 1x auto is guaranteed with the option to buy 1x more auto at a reduced rate of £75.

...will attendees (with Diamond Pass OR indeed without) be capped at 2 autographs MAXIMUM?

OR

...will attendees be able to buy more than one autograph? And if so how many? And will any quantity beyond x2 be at the price of £95 each?

Thank you in anticipation.

(seems a good idea to give more people a chance even though I would like to buy more than 2)

The Diamond Pass cap seems to be definite going from the wording in the post. I imagine normal pass holders will be at this cap too. It would be kind of unfair to give them three when Diamond Pass holders can get only two, don't you think?

I agree, it seems pretty definite. But in theory I guess a Diamond Pass holder could obtain two autos and that same attendee could get a VT ticket and try and get another if they were prepared to wait again for her all day if needs be?

I would like 4 or 5 autos from her even if it meant I didn't eat for the next month, but I would rather there was a cap on the number if it means more attendees get a better chance to meet her.

• Like 2

A question about the Diamond Pass ...

It's obviously listed in the wrong place in the store as it lists it on Friday when she's only there on Saturday and Sunday. Fine, I expect that to be corrected soon ...

But ...

If I have a Diamond Pass, what days can I use it on? Can I do some of it one day, some of it the other?

Also, does it matter that it's in a different name than the person who will be using it? The only option when paying was the name of the card holder but it was bought for someone else ...

Amazing guest, Ive been waiting years for the chance to meet Sigourney. £95 for an auto is fine with me, I could never afford a diamond pass for her, I don't have a gold pass for the show either so I'm going to pray I get a low VQ ticket number and have a chance. Only interested in an auto!

At least if I miss out I hopefully wouldve met Bill Paxton and that would be an epic consolation prize!

Just a quick question, does Sigourney qualify as one of the guests for the pre-book autos where you send in your own items? Cheers

• Moderators

Just a quick question, does Sigourney qualify as one of the guests for the pre-book autos where you send in your own items? Cheers

As far as I am aware, all guests who are not diamond-ONLY will be available through pre-order

I have misunderstood sorry.

So theoretically, as a Gold Pass holder, I could get in and collect a VT.

From what I understand, as a Gold pass holder, you won't need a VQT. Correct me if I'm wrong?

When someone gets a sec can they clarify this as people are confusing me! Thought my gold pass counts as a VT behind the Diamond passes!