Arrival time?

I will be getting there at around 9. I am hoping with pre paid tickets it won't take that long to get inside.

I was under the impression a majority of issues last time were down to the fact the venue was full and they couldn't let anymore in rather than anything, so with prepaid tickets they wouldn't have sold more than venue can hold, so the queue should move pretty quick? Or am I being overly optimistic? I can't get there before then (leaving homr at 6am), so there isn't a lot I can do!

Do agree with SM crew being constantly visable around the queue though as if you have a photoshoot time and you are stuck im queue you would need instant help :)

Hello together,

it is my first con in London, so I hope you could help me.

You talk about how long I must wait, when should you come befory entry.

Are there only queues for all people. Or are they different queues. For one who want to buy tickets,

one who have bougth their tickets before online, diamont pass...?

On Friday it will starting at 1 pm, when is it good to come, half an hour before or more?

And on Saturday and Sunday it wil beginn at 9am, when then?

Thank you so much for your help.

pumuckl

I will be getting there at around 9. I am hoping with pre paid tickets it won't take that long to get inside.

I was under the impression a majority of issues last time were down to the fact the venue was full and they couldn't let anymore in rather than anything, so with prepaid tickets they wouldn't have sold more than venue can hold, so the queue should move pretty quick? Or am I being overly optimistic? I can't get there before then (leaving homr at 6am), so there isn't a lot I can do!

Do agree with SM crew being constantly visable around the queue though as if you have a photoshoot time and you are stuck im queue you would need instant help :)

Personally I think you are not too optimistic and what you are describing is most certainly what the aim is. Some people just like to worry it seems. ;)

Hello together,

it is my first con in London, so I hope you could help me.

You talk about how long I must wait, when should you come befory entry.

Are there only queues for all people. Or are they different queues. For one who want to buy tickets,

one who have bougth their tickets before online, diamont pass...?

On Friday it will starting at 1 pm, when is it good to come, half an hour before or more?

And on Saturday and Sunday it wil beginn at 9am, when then?

Thank you so much for your help.

pumuckl

There'll be no on the day sales for Saturday, do you realize that? If the tickets for the other days sell out online that may happen there as well.

Diamond passes will not have a separate line. These are not entry tickets, you need to buy an entry ticket if you have a Diamond Pass. The lines are old Passes, prepaid tickets and on the days where pay on the day is possible the pay on the day line.

• Like 1

must admit i was a bit nonplussed at ticket options; when i went to Glasgow the other year there were Early Bird tickets of a sensible price that allowed me to get in before the rush and get out in sensible time for a 3 hour drive home. this time there's only normal tickets at £40 or Gold at £225, which is a big disparity, i feel. however, i didn't realise they weren't selling tickets on the day (assuming i read the above thread right) so as stated, the issue might not be as bad; i know Newcastle and Glasgow have had insane queues of people turning up.

Hello, thank you for your information.

My english is not the best, so I ask.

I have bought a weekend ticket, for all three days.

I get it online in paper. Only this for friday I get in a letter (I bought it in the old system).

So if I come on friday, saturday and sunday to the con, I go to one queue and wait to go inside.

And inside I could cange my weekend ticket and my photo tickets in paper in "real" tickets.

Could you say me if it is so, or give me other information please?

Thank you very much for your help.

pumuckl

Im attending all 3 days so im aiming to get a few autographs done on the friday if i can. For saturday im aiming to get bill paxton mainly as i want to try get the others friday or sunday, if i were to get there 8-8.30 would i be in with much of a chance of getting a VT? i dont wanna miss him.

im sure by 8.30 the line will be huge but id still get in at a good time.

im going to wait and see how i get on autograph wise on the friday then judge it by that. if i can get most of the ones i want then ill have more time to wait for paxton.

Hello, thank you for your information.

My english is not the best, so I ask.

I have bought a weekend ticket, for all three days.

I get it online in paper. Only this for friday I get in a letter (I bought it in the old system).

So if I come on friday, saturday and sunday to the con, I go to one queue and wait to go inside.

And inside I could cange my weekend ticket and my photo tickets in paper in "real" tickets.

Could you say me if it is so, or give me other information please?

Thank you very much for your help.

pumuckl

You made a separate topic now and I answered you there. Sorry, I overlooked this post in the morning.

Wir können übrigens auch gerne Deutsch reden. ;)

I arrived at Earl's Court last year for 8am, the queue at that point was well round the back of the building, but we were continuosly moving and we got into the venue for around 9:15am. Definitely depends on how much sleep you want/how far you have to travel (and presumably it'll only be busier that last year), but try not to worry too much :)

Hi all I'm travelling down from Ipswich on the Saturday morning i can't leave mine till about 6.30am as i need to wait for my dog sitter , so i reckon ill get there for somewhere between 8.30-9.00 iv paid to park at the Olympia which cost a mint! But at least I'm right there, but I'm guessing ill be hitting the entry line at peak time?

This will be my 5th LFCC and the 3rd time ive been at Olympia for a Showmaster event; the previous years the LFCC was at Earls Court, i arrived at 7am or and found a small but enthusiastic bunch of people who were there before me. In all honesty though, the crowd wasnt exactly hge at that point, and got in really quickly once the doors opened. It did however naturally swell by 8am as the tubes arrived at that time. Even last year, the pre paid queu was all in by 9:30 or so and that queue was right to the underground car park lol

This year i know it will be different due to no "pay on the day" for Saturday. Im stil guessing the queue may seem large at 8am-ish but will fly through once the doors open. This for me personally will be a bit of a different experience asi have gone for my first "gold Pass" so i am looking o be at the event for about an hour or so before doors open. I know "Gold Passes" get in a little earlier and we dont need to worry about VQ tickets, that will help me greatly as my guest list so far is 34:)

How big do you think the queue will be at about 10-11, and do you think if you arrived at this time you would be likely to be able to meet Michael Gambon?

I would like to be able to get there earlier but it doesn't seem to be possible.

How big do you think the queue will be at about 10-11, and do you think if you arrived at this time you would be likely to be able to meet Michael Gambon?

I would like to be able to get there earlier but it doesn't seem to be possible.

If you booked a photoshoot with him, you should be fine. If its just an auto you want it may be a bit late I'm afraid as he is only there on the Saturday and will be popular.

Hi all I'm travelling down from Ipswich on the Saturday morning i can't leave mine till about 6.30am as i need to wait for my dog sitter , so i reckon ill get there for somewhere between 8.30-9.00 iv paid to park at the Olympia which cost a mint! But at least I'm right there, but I'm guessing ill be hitting the entry line at peak time?

Nice to see another native from Ipswich on here! Lol.

You'll probably the the queue at peak time however by all accounts it shouldn't take too long to get in.

If you booked a photoshoot with him, you should be fine. If its just an auto you want it may be a bit late I'm afraid as he is only there on the Saturday and will be popular.

Thanks, I do want an autograph so I'll have to try to get there earlier. I have to persuade my uncle to leave early which isn't very easy!

Im staying at a hotel near kings cross so i think it will be about 20mins on tube, then 10min walk from baron court station to olympia for me. If i can manage to get autographs of the other guests i want to meet on the friday then ill mainly be wanting Bill Paxton on the saturday so IF its just bill paxton i want for saturday, will i have much of a chance of getting a VQT for him if i arrive 8-8.30 ish??

Some people either camp out the night or get there between 6 and 7 am

Which is a very very small group of early birds only IF it happens. Unless I missed a massive camp out overnight with Stan Lee last year that part hasn't even actually happened. Don't make people worry unnecessarily.

I camped out.....at the ibis over the road last year. Got up for breakfast, called the lift, doors opened......to be greater by The Ghostbusters. I remember waking up crazy early around 4am and looked out the window and seeing what I thought were Breaking Bad cosplayers and then realising they were street cleaner.

• Like 4

Okay so looking at getting an autograph from bill paxton and sigourney weaver with her recent announement, if i got to the venue at around 7am would i have a decent chance at getting a Virtual tkt for their autograph line :)

I've said it in Sigourney's announcement topic a couple of times already: be there at a decent time, go straight to get the VT. If you are prepared to hang around all day I don't see a problem.

• Like 1