Photoshoot Preparations

So, 5 or so weeks to go, you've booked your photoshoots with the various celebrities. I'd be interested to know what people do in advance of the shoots in terms of maybe getting in shape or buying new outfits etc? Or do you just rock up on the day and that's that?

Personally, I used to carry a bit of weight and those photos where I was carrying a few chins, I can't bear to look at myself, let alone show friends! "Look who I met!" "oh it's Mike Tyson - but who's the big guy next to him??"

So nowadays I ease up on the junk food, do a bit more exercise and the results show in the photos!

Be interested to hear other people's pre-photo rituals!

• Like 1

I always look terrible in photo's (this is why I usually have my head cut off or seen from the back in my avatars lol!). Its something I've just accepted as I can't really do much except maybe wear a mask. lol! Anyone who makes me look nice in a photo would have to be a magician. ;)

Sometimes I think of what guests I'm having shoots with and try to wear a relevant t shirt (if I'm having them done with a lot of Doctor Who guests then I might wear a Doctor Who t shirt for example).

Apart from that I just walk in, smile, walk out.......oh and most importantly, I try not to blink when the flash goes off!

• Like 1

I think I come dressed as I am dressed normally, ok I may wear my custom made converse with the british flag and a Dalek on it XD. I was more aksing myself if well lets take an example, I have a shooting with Paul McGann, do they pose with someone maybe in a more fun way than only smile , picture and bye. I was hoping maybe to ask Paul if he has also maybe a sonic screwdriver with him, so I could take mine out too, and we point on something on the picture. Do they do that with you, or is it just a lets smile , click and bye ?

I think I come dressed as I am dressed normally, ok I may wear my custom made converse with the british flag and a Dalek on it XD. I was more aksing myself if well lets take an example, I have a shooting with Paul McGann, do they pose with someone maybe in a more fun way than only smile , picture and bye. I was hoping maybe to ask Paul if he has also maybe a sonic screwdriver with him, so I could take mine out too, and we point on something on the picture. Do they do that with you, or is it just a lets smile , click and bye ?

Some people come up with some very funny and creative poses and most guests seem very happy to do them, though due to how quick the shoots are you need to be able to ask quickly and simply for what you want. Some guests may not be willing and some don't even like being touched so you have to judge it on the day or go by what the crew tell you. They will usually let you know if the guest won't do poses or won't handle props etc.

They won't have their own props though, at least I've never known it.

Don't go out of your way to dress up nice. It's not a corporate dinner. Just wear what makes you feel good and I was the same with my pictures, I hated looking at myself but you know what? It's a memory so why be ashamed of it and the truth is most people don't like their pictures so even if you think you look garbage and everyone else looks great, they'll be thinking the same thing about their own pictures!

No formal presentations as such, but myself and my two boys have been looking for Marvel related comic character t-shirts that we will wear on the Sunday when we have our photoshoot booked with Stan Lee.

Other than that, I will be trying to keep my chin up in the photos, so to my jaw looks likes one of superhero definition rather than a stand in for Jabba The Hutt and I will also be trying not to blush too much when I have my photo with Sherilyn Fenn.

Some people come up with some very funny and creative poses and most guests seem very happy to do them, though due to how quick the shoots are you need to be able to ask quickly and simply for what you want. Some guests may not be willing and some don't even like being touched so you have to judge it on the day or go by what the crew tell you. They will usually let you know if the guest won't do poses or won't handle props etc.

They won't have their own props though, at least I've never known it.

Thx for the info rockstar662, good 2 know. Paul McGann always seems very relaxed and open when you see him with fans on youtube. So yeah I will aks him for a pose, and if we have just my screwdriver well then he can point it on me XD

Another thing I'm thinking about is whether to stand up straight next to Stan lee or bend down so I'm at the same level as him (as he's likely to be sat down)

I remember with William Shatner that he was sat down, so my wife and I bent down either side of him and it looked like we were sat together on the photo. I've seen some photos of Stan though with people stood up straight next to him and they look pretty good...decisions, decisions...