VERY BIG Guest Announcement for monday at 7 pm

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did Dan Akroyd say about Ghostbusters 3???? I keep hoping it gets made.

Lets just say, I dont think that the Ghostbusters T-Shirt I was wearing on Tuesday (the day he was doing the signing) will be the last time I wear it.

To be honest I was in major geekout mode, he was really Friendly and was all handshakes and chatting to you like a long lost Friend, told him what Ghostbusters meant to me which he was really happy to hear and as he was signing Trading Places I asked him about Ghostbusters 3 I remember the words "Writing a Script/ideas." etc very clearly. :)

Matt Smith is doing two this year before LFCC, so wont be him.

The first post says someone they have been asking for many years.

As far as im aware Matt Smith is only known for doctor who and has not been doing it for that long?

I would love it to be dolph but i think he has done cons b4

So logically it must be jean claude van dam!

Edited by Sorock

tbh if it is christoper eccelstone i will be pretty annoyed.... i wouldnt consider him big at all

No matter who it is, someone on here won't consider them to live up to the hype. It's hardly worth getting annoyed about. Ecclestone wouldn't interest me personally, but he would be a big guest.

Is Neil Patrick Harris really classed as "very big"? I'm not even sure what he does now, I remember him in Doogie Howser when I was about ten or something like that but I've not seen much of him since (not that that means anything!) :crying:

He's the oldest brother in Malcolm in the Middle.

i hope that is a joke i dont get lol

He is in How i met your mother.

tbh if it is christoper eccelstone i will be pretty annoyed.... i wouldnt consider him big at all

No matter who it is, someone on here won't consider them to live up to the hype. It's hardly worth getting annoyed about. Ecclestone wouldn't interest me personally, but he would be a big guest.

And hes never done this before and Dr Who is one of the biggest things on British TV just now...for SM to secure him itd be pretty big for the sci fi world.

Is Neil Patrick Harris really classed as "very big"? I'm not even sure what he does now, I remember him in Doogie Howser when I was about ten or something like that but I've not seen much of him since (not that that means anything!) :crying:

What joke? though I'm not sure they're still filming Malcolm in the middle it was a pretty successful TV series and he was one of the older brothers.

What joke? though I'm not sure they're still filming Malcolm in the middle it was a pretty successful TV series and he was one of the older brothers.

thought is was maby some sort of joke my bad.

He was never in it.

thought is was maby some sort of joke my bad.

He was never in it.

heh. *shrugs* My bad. Would have sworn it was him. :)

• Moderators

And hes never done this before and Dr Who is one of the biggest things on British TV just now...for SM to secure him itd be pretty big for the sci fi world.

Exactly.

Let's be honest - it's not going to be The Queen, or George Clooney, or anything .. people need to guess sensibly and in context. Someone like Chris is 'very big' in terms of a signing event.

I don't get how anyone can 'get annoyed' over a guest announcement anyway. You're either interested or you're not. No one has any financial involvement with it or anything, we don't lose if it's a guest we don't like..

yeah i do understand but why do all the headline acts have to be doctor who guest i mean showmasters had karen gillan last year and if you dont like doctor who its kind of a bummer..

Edited by chloepop

yeah i do understand but why do all the headline acts have to be doctor who guest i mean showmasters had karen gillan last year and if you dont like doctor who its kind of a bummer..

This is my perspective. If it's someone I want to meet: great. If it isn't, then it will ease the congestion around the guests that I do want to meet. It's a win-win situation.

• Moderators

Would that not be the same for any guest though? Some like them, some don't.

Before Tennant and Gillan, I can't really think of any other headline Who guest to be honest.

Exactly.

Let's be honest - it's not going to be The Queen, or George Clooney, or anything .. people need to guess sensibly and in context. Someone like Chris is 'very big' in terms of a signing event.

I don't get how anyone can 'get annoyed' over a guest announcement anyway. You're either interested or you're not. No one has any financial involvement with it or anything, we don't lose if it's a guest we don't like..

Well I would very much like if it was him.

But Ive highlighted one thing, this has created an insane hype. I enjoy it. BUT.

Consider this: You have been told, you won a million pounds. Then one week later you are told you only get half that. You arent as happy anymore... You won half a mill... But still its less of what you have been told you would get a week before.

I like all the speculations etc around who this might be, I love it :) its prolly gonna be someone awesome. But peoples expectations sometimes goes through the roof. Then when people get the news and its not what they have expected...

Im all for this teasing :) But bare mind for some people its not as fun. I get why some people think its annoying, cause the expectations are sometimes to high in a case like this. Its not the announcement in it self, its the promise of something totally awesome!

SM keep up the good work, Im sure that this is gonna be an awesome guest!

And for you who are dissapointed eventually, because its not what you expected. Keep it to your self!

And as David says..you lose nothing if you dislike the guest.

When these announcements first happened I was always bummed if it wasnt someone I liked but bugger it now..what right have I got to moan about the fact I don't want to meet someone? It's silly.

I'll laugh if its someone totally not Dr Who related now :crying:

Is Neil Patrick Harris really classed as "very big"? I'm not even sure what he does now, I remember him in Doogie Howser when I was about ten or something like that but I've not seen much of him since (not that that means anything!) :D

He now stars in How I Met Your Mother and was also in Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog, an internet series by Joss Whedon which makes him BIG in a lot of Whedon fans eyes :crying: As everyone keeps saying though Very Big is all relative, for example NPH is my favourite actor in the whole entire world because of his work on HIMYM and Dr Horrible but other people don't even know what these things are

Also he deffo wasnt in Malcolm in the Middle

Edited by bex4cedric