VERY BIG Guest Announcement for monday at 7 pm

From what I remember, Inbetweeners wasn't as popular back when Blake was first announced, unlike now with the success of the film, I do believe they are reasonably big stars. Also, I can imagine either one of them would draw in quite a crowd. I certainly don't think they are out of the question.
Not out of the question in general, but probably not for this specific announcement as based on this
someone we have wanted to attend an event for many years
2008 is not that long ago.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread reminds me of those football transfer window rumours on the very last day of the transfer window.

So in a style of a football rumour (commonly known as "In the Know" news)...the cousin of the uncle who washes the windows of Showmaster HQ managed to see through the window and saw a contract for.....

----------- Spoiler alert ------------------------------

David Hasselhoff

That cousin should wear glasses then :D as it can't be David, he's done a signing in the UK no later that last year, as a last minute surprise guest, alongside Rebecca Holden and some other names from the TV show Knight Rider.

And again, for those mentioning Jean-Claude Van Damme, it's not going to be him either as he's done an event in Belgium back in 2007, not as a part of a panel but well signing autographs and taking pictures with fans.

Less than 24h to go now anyway :D

Edited by God L'Eponge

Yeah I'm way more excited for this than all the others.

The reason isnt getting over-excited for just 'very big' its for EVERYTHING Jason said in the opening post together in on post lol

OK this is a big one , someone we have wanted to attend an event for many years, first time world signer , this is the only event planed for this guest and someone we know so many of you want to meet, will just make this years event, they are so London Film And Comic Con.

Us all in the thread aside, I dont think I've ever seen Jason himself big up a guest and be this excited for them. When Jason who deals with guests and big names all the time is this excited, it must be someone pretty damn special.

Out of interest, who are on your list of possible @1of2?
It is an ever changing list. I haven't laminated it yet :D

Edit: Most have been mentioned already. Knowing Jason's passion for Star Wars I was wondering if he has managed to persuade either Ian McDiarmid or Ewan McGregor to attend. Gillian Anderson also a remote chance. Christopher Ecclestone a greater chance I feel.

The least likely on my list, and I don't think anybody has mentioned yet as you are being more realistic (in some cases :D ), is Whoopi Goldberg.

I think we need some clues/hints!!

Edited by 1of2

So many people have done random signings here and there, sometimes SM saying first signing actually puts me off a little as I know a few people I want wont be it :D

yeah, and without even a hint of a genre or even what constitutes "very big" etc it's almost impossible to narrow it down.

Like Christopher Lambert last year, going by the way the announcement is worded I'm guessing it may primarily be someone from a franchise that Jason is a particularly big fan of and has been wanting to meet for a long time. So if anyone knows what his fave films etc are then that might help. Though maybe that's such a big list it might not.

I'm still liking the Alien idea though. We had Veronica Cartwright and John Hurt last year. We've got Tom Skerritt annouced for LFCC and Yaphet Kotto for Autographica this year. So one of the remaining main cast would be wonderful but it's all pure speculation and I'm not going to be worked up if it's someone I'm not interested in. Already got plenty of great guests lined up I'm very happy with.

Like Christopher Lambert last year, going by the way the announcement is worded I'm guessing it may primarily be someone from a franchise that Jason is a particularly big fan of and has been wanting to meet for a long time. So if anyone knows what his fave films etc are then that might help.
Similar to my thoughts as well. The main one that I know of is Star Wars.

Edit: Random thought. Connery, Moore, and Craig are unlikely, but how about Dalton or Brosnan?

Edited by 1of2

Out of interest, who are on your list of possible @1of2?
It is an ever changing list. I haven't laminated it yet :D

Edit: Most have been mentioned already. Knowing Jason's passion for Star Wars I was wondering if he has managed to persuade either Ian McDiarmid or Ewan McGregor to attend. Gillian Anderson also a remote chance. Christopher Ecclestone a greater chance I feel.

The least likely on my list, and I don't think anybody has mentioned yet as you are being more realistic (in some cases :D ), is Whoopi Goldberg.

I think we need some clues/hints!!

Ian McDiarmid? That would be one hell of a coup to get Ian to attend seeing how he is with not wanting to touch Star Wars, but would defnitely make a lot of sense though and would be a pretty big Fanboy score.

Gillian Anderson? That would also be a good coup but many know how she feels about signing X-Files.

Christopher would be fab for GI Joe Fans. :)

Like Christopher Lambert last year, going by the way the announcement is worded I'm guessing it may primarily be someone from a franchise that Jason is a particularly big fan of and has been wanting to meet for a long time. So if anyone knows what his fave films etc are then that might help.
Similar to my thoughts as well. The main one that I know of is Star Wars.

Edit: Random thought. Connery, Moore, and Craig are unlikely, but how about Dalton or Brosnan?

I could imagine Pierce doing it, although not Sean :)

• Showmasters Admin

lol these posts are cracking me up....it's made my day at my desk a lot brighter.

But seriously. Please be Michael. Jason owes me from back in the day when i made him a cup of tea.

if you are going to bluff get your facts right mate , i do not drink tea :D

jason

Timothy Dalton is a good guess from people, he's someone I thought of in a serious way.

Pretty big, but not stupidly big like some guesses. Multiple fandoms, lots of great work, fits LFCC well, and I can see Jason wanting to get him to come for awhile now.

Adding him to my 'More likely than not' list.

Ian McDiarmid? That would be one hell of a coup to get Ian to attend seeing how he is with not wanting to touch Star Wars, but would defnitely make a lot of sense though and would be a pretty big Fanboy score.

Gillian Anderson? That would also be a good coup but many know how she feels about signing X-Files.

Ian has signed Star Wars merchandise though. The most recent that I am aware of being last year. . I would actually like his autograph for his apperance on Inspector Morse as well as Star Wars. I would be surprised if it is him though. Likewise with Gillian.

My wants/guesses in no particular order, and not all of them very likely!:

Dan Aykroyd (or any of the Ghostbusters who haven't done a con)

Michael J Fox

Sigourney Weaver

Harrison Ford

Frank Oz

Kurt Russell

Ewan McGregor

James Earl Jones

Terence Stamp

Bonds - Brosnan, Moore or Dalton or Dench (not likely to be Connery; who is a great signer in person by the way!)

Harry Potter - Maggie Smith, the rest of the cast aren't very likely!

Ian Holm

Mila Jovovich

Jeff Bridges

Donald or Keifer Sutherland

Whoopi Goldberg

Michael Keaton

Gillian Anderson or David Duchovny

Sean Bean

Charlie Sheen

Martin Sheen

Edited by keithporter23

I forgot to mention Sam Neill.
That'd be cool. Quite enjoying him in Alcatraz at the moment and he's certainly more of the stature I think is implied by the original text.
I haven't seen Alcatraz yet. Apart from the obvious JP, I really enjoyed his performance as Merlin.

lol these posts are cracking me up....it's made my day at my desk a lot brighter.

But seriously. Please be Michael. Jason owes me from back in the day when i made him a cup of tea.

if you are going to bluff get your facts right mate , i do not drink tea :D

jason

I guess that rules out Mr T :P

Andrew Lincon Is A possible As he Was in London Last Weekend , As Were many Celebs For The Bafta's ... I Also Heard Max von Sydow was over last weekend ...

But Norman Reedus is clearly a bigger actor then Andrew with people knowing who Reedus was but not Andrew Lincoln before WD even started plus he has more lead roles in films under his belt and he didnt get this big build up so i HIGHLY doubt it will be Andrew unfortunately.

Edited by Zak-J