VERY BIG Guest Announcement for monday at 7 pm

Harrison Ford only seems to do private signings and even then the cost of an autograph is well over £200 .....why do people always guess him?

Because I imagine some of those who guessed him would actually pay that price to get him on one of their multi-signed items.

This is what irritates me most when I see people guessing its Mr. Ford and why I felt compelled to do the Dream Sequence post a few days ago, and agreed you're looking at around $450 for his Autograph.

Imagine, just imagine if he did do a signing over here and the outrcry there would be by those who think that William Shatner charging £35 was well over the top and thinking that Mr. Ford would be around that price range I find it laughable at best.

The other thing is that Mr. Ford is a very private man and in many of his interviews hes very laconic, that said I would pay for the price of getting his Autograph again :)

It's just some fun, who is it hurting? No-one, just let people have fun here.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's fun to speculate even if you know deep down that it's hugely unlikely to be certain people.

Guessing is fun folks!!

True :)

Harrison Ford only seems to do private signings and even then the cost of an autograph is well over £200 .....why do people always guess him?

Because I imagine some of those who guessed him would actually pay that price to get him on one of their multi-signed items.

This is what irritates me most when I see people guessing its Mr. Ford and why I felt compelled to do the Dream Sequence post a few days ago, and agreed you're looking at around $450 for his Autograph.

Imagine, just imagine if he did do a signing over here and the outrcry there would be by those who think that William Shatner charging £35 was well over the top and thinking that Mr. Ford would be around that price range I find it laughable at best.

The other thing is that Mr. Ford is a very private man and in many of his interviews hes very laconic, that said I would pay for the price of getting his Autograph again :)

Yep, I know but was just pointing out some facts. And I am letting people have fun :) Lets see, how about Bruce Willis?

Sarah Michelle Gellar - the only Buffy character pretty much that has been wanted for years.
Unfortunately SMG has done Comic Con twice in the US therefore she is ruled out.

But was that signing or just appearing on a panel? Not aware she's ever done an actual signing event and I think appearances at other events don't count with what's being discussed as it's a first time signer, not necessarily a first time appearance.

Don't know why I'm arguing the point though as although it'd be wonderful, I can't imagine in the faintest that it would be her.

Anyway, 24 hours or so to go til we find out and those who are upset can start moaning that it's not who they wanted or the person isn't big enough in their view to warrant the announcement in this way etc etc :D

I think it's fun to speculate even if you know deep down that it's hugely unlikely to be certain people.

Guessing is fun folks!!

True :)

Yep, I know but was just pointing out some facts. And I am letting people have fun :) Lets see, how about Bruce Willis?

I wish it was Bruce Willis amazing actor but proberly to unrealistic i wonder if we will get a clue before the annoucement

Edited by Starbug

I know it's almost no chance of it being HF but people can have changes of heart. I know it's not much of a comparison, but didn' Denis Lawson say he'd never sign Star Wars items and do cons, yet he did last year. And so what if he charges £200 for an autograph, if SM have got him, firstly, very well done to them, and secondly, I'm sure it would be because they had agreed a lower auto price as they'd want as many people to be able to see him as possible.

But we'll find out tomorrow anyhow. I'm sure it's not going to be him, it's nice to dream though rather than have all the facts sometimes that can stop the dreams.

Sarah Michelle Gellar - the only Buffy character pretty much that has been wanted for years.
Unfortunately SMG has done Comic Con twice in the US therefore she is ruled out.

But was that signing or just appearing on a panel?

I'm pretty sure it involved a signing too, but could be wrong.

I just had a brainwave and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Blake Harrison from The Inbetweeners scheduled to appear at a SM convention a couple of years back but cancelled? Inbetweeners is a terribly popular series and the movie was a success too, making them quite big names now! The main four would be very popular so I believe there is a chance it could be Blake or either of them to be honest, plus they are British so I would imagine it would easier for them to attend only one day.

I would certainly like to meet them!

Edited by ClockworkOwen18

This thread reminds me of those football transfer window rumours on the very last day of the transfer window.

So in a style of a football rumour (commonly known as "In the Know" news)...the cousin of the uncle who washes the windows of Showmaster HQ managed to see through the window and saw a contract for.....

----------- Spoiler alert ------------------------------

David Hasselhoff

Edited by Not_Pennys_Ship

I know it's almost no chance of it being HF but people can have changes of heart. I know it's not much of a comparison, but didn' Denis Lawson say he'd never sign Star Wars items and do cons, yet he did last year. And so what if he charges £200 for an autograph, if SM have got him, firstly, very well done to them, and secondly, I'm sure it would be because they had agreed a lower auto price as they'd want as many people to be able to see him as possible.

But we'll find out tomorrow anyhow. I'm sure it's not going to be him, it's nice to dream though rather than have all the facts sometimes that can stop the dreams.

I didn't know that Denis Lawson had said that (its true, you learn something new everyday) and to be fair you've made me look at things a bit differently.

A lot of people know about Natalie Portman and Ian Mc Diarmid and their aversion to signing Star Wars, Gillian Anderson and her aversion to signing X Files and Alan Rickman and his aversion to signing Potter, but if the case of Denis Lawson changing his mind about doing cons and signing Star Wars is anything to go by then maybe at some future date so would it be with Gillian (whos based over here) and Alan.

Tomorrows going to be a very interesting time on here thats for sure - I'm going to make another guess.

Kate Beckinsale :)

Harrison would only be a "world first" if Showmasters is excluding private signings, otherwise a very large number of people would be immediately out of the running. If all they mean is first time signing at a convention, then yeah Harrison would be technically available, but frankly forget it, the Lawson comparison is a poor one in the sense that Harrison is a mega-star (no need to ever resort to conventions) and is US based.

My guesses:

Ewan McGregor

Ian Holm

Sean Bean

Ian McKellen

Blake would be good but so not big enough (nor are any of the Inbetweeners guys) for an announcment like this and they stuff Jason said in the first post.

Plus when he was announced before, it wasnt with such hype and build-up, just happened lol

I do think people are taking the whole 'very big' remark a little extreme and are expecting too much, suggesting such guests as Hugh Jackman, Sir Ian McKellen and Natalie Portman; if however SM do announce any of these guests, I will eat my hat.

From what I remember, Inbetweeners wasn't as popular back when Blake was first announced, unlike now with the success of the film, I do believe they are reasonably big stars. Also, I can imagine either one of them would draw in quite a crowd. I certainly don't think they are out of the question.

The problem with the phrase 'very big' is that people perceive it differently, when to me that could mean anyone from Blake to Johnny Depp. As much as I would love it to be Depp, it certainly ain't going to be him.

Edited by ClockworkOwen18

I'm mainly going by the 'so LFCC' line really. For me that means either film or comic or both.

And the people who straddle both are people who have played superheroes or been involved in some way in a superhero film.

So suggestions or McKellan or Chris Nolan or Michael Keaton are not that far fetched for me.

And also 'make a lot of people happy'. Some of the people suggested on here, no matter how big, I have had to google lol I think whoever it is, even if you dont want to meet them, you'll know who they are from something.

AND also its someone Jason is very excited for and has wanted for many years. This is going to be a big pull for SM and wont be someone who is big now. This will be someone who has a nice amount of work under their belt for SM to be trying for years.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

I'm mainly going by the 'so LFCC' line really. For me that means either film or comic or both.

And the people who straddle both are people who have played superheroes or been involved in some way in a superhero film.

So suggestions or McKellan or Chris Nolan or Michael Keaton are not that far fetched for me.

And also 'make a lot of people happy'. Some of the people suggested on here, no matter how big, I have had to google lol I think whoever it is, even if you dont want to meet them, you'll know who they are from something.

Here's hoping for Stan Lee then!