I don't mean to grumble...

tonystarkben

I have been coming to the shows for years - these and LFCC are some of the hilights of my year.

Collectormania last time was fantastic, such a good variety of guests.

Just this time, it seems it's just aimed just at Star Trek or Harry Potter fans :(

Fair enough, i know a lot like that but where's the variety for the rest of us?

I was excited to see Norman Reedus announced but he got taken away...

Just think its looking more like a Star Trek con than a Collectormania to me...

Don't want to rustle any feathers, just giving my 2 cents worth... :(

I'm sorry but the event isn't until June. We're half way through Feb. there's bucket loads of time to get other guests. Plus there's other shows being worked on so it's way too soon to start complaining IMO.

Be patient, give SM a bit of time and I'm sure you'll get more people of interest to you. At the moment there's only 2 or 3 for me but that's fine. I usually find CM:MK isn't as busy for me as the others anyway but I still like going even for just 1 person.

Hi, i dont post that often,

but i think this shows shaping up quite nicley, good mix of the main big ones, like star trek, harry potter and so on

but now we have primeval, the fades and sherlock stars being added and the legend that is Brian Blessed

things can only get better, great work so far, keep it up

I only usally come up here to meet 4 or 5 stars but this year so far

there is about 7 or 8 stars for me and the one who i looking forward to

meeting the most is Tom Baker i have missed him so many times i would just be

patient like Rockstar6662 said i am sure there are lots more stars to come yet :(

• Moderators

There's some great first timers in the lineup from shows that haven't been represented at all at ANY Showmasters events.

The majority of events have a good selection of Trek and/or Who guests, just like they do often Star Wars etc, and that'll never change.

There's only one Harry Potter guest that I can see?

I only usally come up here to meet 4 or 5 stars but this year so far

there is about 7 or 8 stars for me and the one who i looking forward to

meeting the most is Tom Baker i have missed him so many times i would just be

patient like Rockstar6662 said i am sure there are lots more stars to come yet :(

if youve not met tombaker before your in for a treat he is a great guy it will be my 12th meeting tom in june .ive just met him on the 11th of feb in barking to great guy he is and its lovly he gets to know his regular fans by there name

Give it time, as someone said, it's only Feb, we'll have TONS more before then. Also, I don't see how it's mainly for Star Trek fans so far, out of 18 guests there's only 4 or 5 I can see from ST and maybe one from Harry Potter, a hand full from Doctor Who and the rest are nice and varied. It's been a lot more one sided than this in previous years, believe me.

• Moderators

I think requesting 'variety' and 'first timers' is a bit vague really. I mean that doesn't guarantee you'll get a guest to your tastes anyway and we could have the next ten guests be first timers and not be anyone you like!

Best way forward is to request particular guests/shows/genres etc in the relevant section, show Showmasters there is demand for something different, and they'll consider it.

Not meaning to repeat myself, but I just posted this in a similar CM-MK thread elsewhere on this forum...

Blimey...Are we talking about the same shows here?

SM is without doubt, the best and most consistent venue for the bigger American guests, as well as more locally home grown big talents.

Trust me, there is at least one organiser that has not had a big US headliner guest in nearly four years, puts out the same tired old guests again and again, does crap 70s 'sit-coms' and 'soaps' reunions, cannot take even constructive criticism, and does not answer even direct emails...and directly lifted the "ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES reunion photo-shoot" idea from SM. All of that mass of disappointment preceded by having to pay to park, then pay to get in??!!!

I mean, good grief...at this event we have STAR TREK Royalty, for goodness sake! I'd just love to see the other sad bunch of charlatans get the likes of Ms. Nicholls on their guest list. Fat chance thought there is of it!

Given the choice I'd take an SM event, any day of the week, over one of theirs or anyone elses.

Some repeat guests will always be back, it's unavoidable, but trust SM and I am sure that they will provide a great mix for all.

After examining our funds for the immediate future...we shall now not be able to attend LF&CC and CM-MK this year, one has to go. I would love it to not be so but, realistically speaking - because of travel, accomodation and spending money - it will have to be the LF&CC, which makes this our prime show of the year and it already looks fantastic!

And there is still plenty of time for many more guests. Bring them on SM!

Edited by SlippDigby

• Showmasters Admin

the fact is we have been getting guest come back to us early this year more for london rather then Collectomaina we are months away and both events will be very strong this year as last year both events went very well

hope that puts everyones mind at rest

jason

the fact is we have been getting guest come back to us early this year more for london rather then Collectomaina we are months away and both events will be very strong this year as last year both events went very well

hope that puts everyones mind at rest

jason

Like I said, this will be our main event of the year this year and with a TREK legend (as well as a big ST:TNG star too) in the line-up, it's already a solid lock-in for me.

Keep them coming Jason! Also, will you be dazzling us with any of your 'trademark' shirts this year? :P

• Moderators

.. which may not interest you, but there's completists that are interested.

Minor guests like that have little to no impact on the rest of the lineup anyway, whether they're there or not. SW is Jason's love.

• 4 weeks later...

At least this year (so far) there doesn't seem to be any random Star Wars extras that happened to be in the background shot for a few seconds.

And what if there were 'random star wars extras that happened to be in the background shot for a few seconds'?? Some people like to meet these guests!!

People who complain about the caliber of guests just because its not who they personally want to meet are just being selfish and just thinking of themselves. Other people will be happy to meet them!

back to making this thread positive (or less attacking each other)............ they have anounced guests that do span other fanbases as well now such as smallville/tudors/secret circle

so we can clearly see they are trying to please the other fans aswell as just star wars and doctor who fans :)

hi as i think David B said if your a completist then you dont mind some of the minor guests. i like to go for the autos and altho i dont get as many as i did in the beginning, there are plenty to keep me happy!! it is still a while off and i think there will be more to interest everyone.

Why is it that whenever there are slighlty more guests from one particular film/show someone feels the need to start whinging that their particular film/show of choice is under-represented.

If we had an exactly equal number of guests form Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Twilight, Stargate, Buffy, Angel, Walking Dead etc etc etc we would end up with only one guest from each film/show. This would mean that, on average, ther overall number of guests that someone is likely to want to meet at a show would be reduced (unless they like everything).

Once you have been to a few shows these things are bound to even out so if this particular show doesn't have the guests you want just wait for the next one. Rant over.