Come for a drink! Post-LFCC Pub Meet. 7/7/12

Xyliana

Hi LFCCers!

Hope you can join us for a drink Saturday evening after LFCC! The pubs is a 2 minute walk away and we are a very friendly bunch. I've teamed up with a few LFCC veterans looking to meet and greet other attendees and chat about how awesome the Con is.

ft5tjzg64j3z5a2xynq2.jpg5f4xucizrfh0a6ze2iso.jpg

Heres the info!

Date and Time: Saturday, July 7th 2012 4pm - til 10pm

Venue: The Hand and Flower 1 Hammersmith Road, Hammersmith, London, W14 8XJ. [map]

How to find is: LFCC sign!

Additional info: I'm Colleen, hosting this event. I have organized quite a few pub meets in my day and generally I like to think of myself as a friendly person. Some groups will be joining us; LFFC vets, groups travelling down together, but regardless of this, stick with me, say hello and I will introduce you around. Normal pub rules apply on age. Quite a few are coming at start time for food and the menu includes the usual grub as well as vegan/veggie options. Look forward to having some volunteers and forum mods join us as well. Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Facebook event to see and meet the other attendees: Pub Meet Facebook Event.

Edited by Xyliana
  • Like 1

Normal pub rules apply on age.

Sorry im unfamiliar with these, is 16 too young?

Not too young to attend if thats what you are asking. This mainly references drinking laws most people who come to a pub/are bringing their kids or not old enough to drink knows the drinking age. If you are travelling from overseas just make sure you are up to date with the UK laws :D

Edited by Xyliana

Wow, Xyliana. You really are good at organsing things. Your plans look very thorough and that Facebook events page is a great idea - I'm sure that'll make people more comfortable about going if they don't know anyone already. Well done.

Xyliana, It would be great to come along, we will have two little boys with us at the con, is the pub family friendly?

One chap on the facebook event RVSP is bringing his boys. Because things kick off early I'm sure if you wanted to bring them in it would be fine, the pub serves food. Will see if they have a kids menu. :thumbup:

Thanks for organizing this Colleen, will definitely pop in after the con on Saturday, heading over from Ireland for the weekend, solo for the first time having previously gone with mates, staying in Earl's Court so will be good not to have to head out for a bite and a pint on my lonesome and not far to have to stagger back to my hotel with my con swag :YAHOO: Well done you :thumbup:

• Showmasters Admin

I'm not sure everyone will want to walk into a pub with a label on.

But when you're at the pub, something I suggested to groups at our Twilight and Chevron events I think will work for you guys too. Everyone prints out a simple A4 sign saying LFCC! and put one on every table you are using. To a passer by it means nothing but it means when people turn up they can see exactly which tables are the LFCC people and can introduce themselves. As you take over more tables just put out more signs.

It's simple and it works :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Cool; thanks for organizing this Colleen - this is the first time I've stayed for the weekend for an event (beside Hallowhedon) and was wondering if people were doing anything.

Me and my friend should be coming - not sure what time though - got some photo shoots done for Saturday :)