Come for a drink! Post-LFCC Pub Meet. 7/7/12

Xyliana

Cool; thanks for organizing this Colleen - this is the first time I've stayed for the weekend for an event (beside Hallowhedon) and was wondering if people were doing anything.

Me and my friend should be coming - not sure what time though - got some photo shoots done for Saturday :)

See you all there!

• 1 month later...

I'll be there with my best friend. It'll be her first convention, so we're both determined she enjoys every last moment of the whole weekend! :D

And it'll be great to finally meet the friends we've made here and on Fb. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

I might be there, I don't really know anyone and am quite shy

Haha. Might be a good way to meet some new people.

then come find me. i will be the cardassian hanging back looking on nervously lol. i get really shy in big crowds, when i cosplay i get a bit better because i am not me, i am the character. but being outside the convention hall in my costume will freak me out a tad bit lol

I might pop along to this after the show it looks fun. I was wondering is anyone was doing anything on the friday night aswel?. I will be going to the friday night show and want something to do around the area after the show ends at 9pm

This is such a good idea! :)

I am going to Collectormania in Milton Keynes so LFCC will be my second con but I am so excited i will be running around like a six year old on a sugar high - a nice drink afterwards would be good to help me calm down :)

Well looks as if I won't be staying at the hand & flower now as received a call from them informing me that they are closing the rooms due to renovations. Not sure if the bar will be open, worth checking before hand.

I was thinking of cancelling attending this show, that's the reason why I never asked about pub so anyone going should call to see if this will be closing for refurb too.

Be a bit of a nightmare for everyone showing up to meet for a pint to find doors closed.

they are closing the rooms but I think the bar is open. To be fair they managed to find me alternative accomodation (apparently. Still waiting for confirmation on that though)

Yeah they offered me alternative accommodation but had to pay in full there and then and non refundable, so want prepared to do that just in case.

Odd, I'm staying there to (got 2 rooms) but not had a call from them.

But I think they may have over subscribed as they only had 9 rooms

Just counted on this forum alone is at least 6 people have booked this hotel (and I take up at least 2 rooms) I think they have over subscribed

Edited by trekkiefan

we are in, dressed as battle star casual. Looking forward to a few beers. Anyone know what time tubes stop running, staying at heathrow travel lodge

The last train is usually about 12:45 but you can just ask the train station staff on the day because it does sometimes change when they know big events are on nearby.

I look forward to seeing your battle star casual! :)

how far is it walking, due to the fact getting a train and have arthritis in both knees

i second this question as i am curious too. have bad back and hips. plus shall be wrecked from day of con going.

Same here, I sometimes use a walking stick. I think it's just up the road from the venue, but hoping someone will confirm this.

how far is it walking, due to the fact getting a train and have arthritis in both knees

i second this question as i am curious too. have bad back and hips. plus shall be wrecked from day of con going.

Same here, I sometimes use a walking stick. I think it's just up the road from the venue, but hoping someone will confirm this.

From the second sentence of the opening post in this thread:

The pubs is a 2 minute walk away

Looking at google maps its about 150 feet from the south-east corner of the Olympia site, and maybe a couple of hundred yards from the Grand Hall entrance by the tube station. (If anybody knows the area, it was called the Hand & Flower originally, before changing its name to Harvey Floorbangers in the early '90s - I gather its back to being the Hand & Flower as of a couple of years ago.)

Edited by TommyT
  • Like 1