What are you getting signed?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I got a question for you guys and its really cool to hear what you lot are planning to do or get but what is the common own item that's gets signed and for a potter fan what's best to get signed a book , poster or DVD/box set??? Lol :)

What's best? Depends what YOU want really.

Are you planning on carrying on a collection?

Do you want something you can display?

I've seen all those things signed for people. Depends on personal preference..

I got a question for you guys and its really cool to hear what you lot are planning to do or get but what is the common own item that's gets signed and for a potter fan what's best to get signed a book , poster or DVD/box set??? Lol :)

Well I'm planning on getting a item signed a lot of times but I don't know what's best to bring...

Loads of photos, but particularly;

Richard Franklin, Sophie Aldred and Louise Jameson, three more squiggles to join the fourteen already in my Doctor Who companions book.

Brent Spiner on two TNG cast prints I've got going - after this I'll only need Jonathan Frakes and one of them will be complete! Also on a Picard/Data 10x8 that Patrick Stewart signed last year.

Well I'm planning on getting a item signed a lot of times but I don't know what's best to bring...

I got my copy of The Deathly Hallows signed by Jamie Campbell Bower at ET3, so I'm bringing it with me to collect a few more signatures; definitely Harry and Natalia, and probably Anna and Georgina too.

Just not sure how the pens they use will work on those though.

Apart from books, DVDs are the only other thing I've had signed. So long as you wait 10-15 minutes for the ink to dry before putting the inlay back in the sleeve, then you won't have any trouble. Mine look great.

Mainly meeting DW guests this time so they will all be signing this:

Picture199.jpg

The banner not my girlfriend :whistling:

Alex is already on it so if I decide to get her again (for a personalisation) it'll be on an 8x10.

Karen also needs to sign 'The Doctor Who Brilliant Book' that I've been getting series 5 guests to sign.

Thats about it.

Just not sure how the pens they use will work on those though.

Apart from books, DVDs are the only other thing I've had signed. So long as you wait 10-15 minutes for the ink to dry before putting the inlay back in the sleeve, then you won't have any trouble. Mine look great.

Thanks. I'll just be taking the inlay and I always wait a while after getting an autograph before putting it in anything. Not had a problem so far just not bothered with anything other than a standard 10x8 before.

I'll also stick to the method of seeing whats available at the show :P So far I have been very pleased with the selections of photos from guests at various shows, and the 8X10s fit nicely in frames on the wall :)

Although it is very tempting to get something signed like my BTTF trilogy. Also I might find a picture at a vendor that I like, that could possibly also be up for a signing if I prefer it to whats available :firedevil:

My list of bits I'm getting signed -

* Ashley Laurence, Doug Bradley & Clive Barker on my original Hellraiser US one sheet poster

* Christopher Lloyd & Lea Thompson on my original BTTF UK quad poster

* Tom Sizemore on my original Lock Up Australian daybill poster

* Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa on my original Showdown In Little Tokyo US one sheet poster

* Corey Feldmen on my original The Lost Boys US one sheet poster

Gonna be a busy day! Thank god my early bird tickets are already here!!

im gonna get lea thomson to signed my bttf poster already signed by chris lloyd and michaelj fox

my last dvd cover to get signed as i never displey them is shawn smith on saw with the writeres

and dont know if i wanna buy a poster for corey feildmen or a 8x10

Anyone else with the BTTF blu-ray box looking to get signatures on it?

If so, which bit of the packaging were you planning on having them on? The finish on the main box doesn't seem ideal for writing on and would leave the sigs horrible exposed to rubbing off.

There's pictures of the main cast on the foldout part that has the discs in with space for signing though you risk the signature rubbing off as you take it in and out of the case I suppose as those bits are exposed.

Hmmm. Doesn't seem like such a good idea now I'm looking at it. Any thoughts anyone?

I've had similar concerns about the BTTF DVD boxset. At the moment, I'm going to bring my Clue DVD with me and have a quick browse through the dealers room for some inspiration but, to be honest, I'm not that fussed what I get signed as long as I get to meet him.

I've had similar concerns about the BTTF DVD boxset. At the moment, I'm going to bring my Clue DVD with me and have a quick browse through the dealers room for some inspiration but, to be honest, I'm not that fussed what I get signed as long as I get to meet him.

I agree, it just seemed with both him and Lea there it would be cool to get the box or something signed by both but I can't see a good place that wouldn't be at risk of rubbing off at some point. Unless I have any ideas I might just stick with a 10x8 which is mostly what I collect anyway.

Back to the future poster by the cast

Star Wars Door Poster by the cast

Sleepy Hollow Posters by Lisa Marie Smith

Ed Wood Poster by Lisa Marie Smith

Mars Attacks Poster By Lisa Marie Smith

Planet Of the Apes Poster by Lisa Marie Smith

Planet of the apes poster by Carey

Fox and the hound picture by corefy fieldman

Who framed Rodger Rabbit 11x14 phot by christopher lloyd

Green Lantern Movie Poster by Temeura

John Macre Batman Comic and Hoping that he will draw me thre characters on one piece of paper.

Richard Hatch will be adding his auto onto a couple of multi-signed Battlestar Galactica items for me.:cylon:

Me too Tony, Luciana as well...all on my canvas!

Got a nice Karen Gillan canvas as well....

Edited by johnhuk

Walter Koenig - His two books and two 8x10 photos

Christopher Lloyd - 8x10 photo of him as Krüge from Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Veronica Cartwright - A signature on my 25th Anniversary Alien Head, which has three previous signatures from cast of the Alien movies

Corey Feldman - 8x10 photo of him from F13 part 4

Richard Hatch will be adding his auto onto a couple of multi-signed Battlestar Galactica items for me.:D

a couple?

arnt you getting like 8 from him lol

me I will be getting my van gogh poster signed by the big who stars. and some 8x10's from alex and karen, also an a3 matt/karen tardis pose print by karen. thats the plan, and I feel dirty

Clive Barker and Ashley Laurence - Hellraiser US One Sheet

Clive Barker - Hellraiser Japanese Poster

Veronica Cartwright - Alien UK Quad

Corey Feldman - Goonies US One Sheet

Christpher Lambert - Highlander Lobby Card

Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson -BTTF Lobby Card

Walter Koenig - Wrath of Khan UK One Sheet