would you pay this amount to meet these people ?

showmasters

i would be happy to pay this price so i can meet this guest   

425 members have voted

1. 1. if there is the right amount of interest it could happen

• Stan Lee £30
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. 2nd choice

• Hayden Christensen £55
    • Christopher Lee £55
  3. 3. 3ed choice

• Ewan McGregor £50
    • Christopher Lambert £35

Mark Hamill would be fantastic as I already have George Lucas, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher and I would love to complete the set. That's the problem with autographs; when you start a new group you've got to get them all!!

I think I'd consider paying £55 for say joss whedon but not for those actors listed not to be rude but they don't interest me but here's a thought maybe sm can get guests at £30 and work there way up seeing as when people expected Karen as a top guest they were dismayed at her prices especially when we thought it was £30 rather then £25, so if you had matt smith at £30 that would be cheap £40 would be money well spent and £55 would he average....

ON TOPIC PLEASE PEOPLE !!!!!

Nobody gives a toss how much any of you would pay for your own dream guest. The six people SM have listed are obviously realistic possibilities, albeit at higher than usual prices. Do we want to meet THESE people at THESE prices or not ???? :D

I've got to admit, I'm impressed that Ian holm is holding his own considering he is up against the comic book god.

Tom Skerrit, John Hurt and Yaphett Kotto would be a perfect compliment if Ian Holm got invited and accepted since Veronic Cartwright is already attending.

I've got to admit, I'm impressed that Ian holm is holding his own considering he is up against the comic book god.

I wouldn't say that a third of the vote is holding his own. Thats a Stan Lee landslide in my book, but then I'm not surprised with the bargain price for such a LEGEND!!!!!! :D

I wouldn't say that a third of the vote is holding his own. Thats a Stan Lee landslide in my book, but then I'm not surprised with the bargain price for such a LEGEND!!!!!!:D

I would. Come on, it's Stan "The Man" Lee he's up against. 95 votes to lee's 169 votes is pretty good considering the disadvantage.

ON TOPIC PLEASE PEOPLE !!!!!

Nobody gives a toss how much any of you would pay for your own dream guest. The six people SM have listed are obviously realistic possibilities, albeit at higher than usual prices. Do we want to meet THESE people at THESE prices or not ???? :D

Wow dufresne speaking sense for once :P .

He is right though, this should be about the 6 guest possibilities mentioned. Maybe another thread should be started with premium prices people would pay for guest X.

I wouldn't say that a third of the vote is holding his own. Thats a Stan Lee landslide in my book, but then I'm not surprised with the bargain price for such a LEGEND!!!!!!:D

Even though I have voted I really don't understand the way the poll has been arranged... i.e. why are guests facing off against eachother when no doubt most people would happily meet all of them?

Does it mean that all 6 guests are a good possibility to attend in future and Showmasters are just gauging prices people would pay, or is the guest fund limited so only 3 can attend and the 3 who lose out are the ones with the least votes? I think Showmasters really ought to help us out and clarify this.

Given that Alien is one of my top 5 favourite films, Ian Holm gets my vote every day of the week and twice on Sunday's. As brilliant as he was in that film I imagine more the amount of fans who will want to see him for his Lord of The Rings work will be overwhelming, not to mention he will be in The Hobbit.

I understand that Stan Lee is a legend in the comic book world, but I'm not into comics at all and would not pay any money to meet him. If you gave me his autograph for nothing I'd sell it or give it away. I would hate for Ian Holm to not attend because he lost this bizzare poll when he went up against someone the comic book geeks (and I say that affectionatley) who attend these shows would go gaga for, and at a much lower price no less. Ian Holm is the best actor out of the lot by a country mile but he appears to be working at a severe disadvantage in this particular poll which concerns me!

• Moderators

Basically it is what it says in the title: would you pay this amount to meet these people?

I wouldn't read too much into who is against who etc. The poll system is flawed at best, and SM will never JUST go off the poll. There's a lot of comments from people too, and there's many many attendees and potential ones that aren't on here anyway.

So no one needs to worry too much about their favourite guest not attending simply because of a poll.

Basically it is what it says in the title: would you pay this amount to meet these people?

I wouldn't read too much into who is against who etc. The poll system is flawed at best, and SM will never JUST go off the poll. There's a lot of comments from people too, and there's many many attendees and potential ones that aren't on here anyway.

So no one needs to worry too much about their favourite guest not attending simply because of a poll.

I voted that I would pay £55 to meet Christopher Lee, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't also pay £55 to meet Hayden Christensen. Unfortunately the voting system does not reflect that sentiment so you have to wonder how the results will be interpreted when my vote for Lee may imply I'm not fussed meeting about Hayden.

Forum comments are no doubt useful, hence why I'm making the effort to contribute, but it's hard to distill page after page of comments.

It would have been clearer like this (if guests are not up against eachother)...

Would you pay these amounts to meet the following guests?

Stan Lee - £30 YES () NO ()

Ian Holm - £45 YES () NO ()

Christopher Lee - £55 YES () NO ()

Haden Christensen - £55 YES () NO ()

Christopher Lambert - £35 YES () NO ()

Ewan McGregor - £50 YES () NO ()

• Moderators

Yes, that's why I said it's flawed, and that they won't just go off the poll results. They know people can only vote for one. It's been discussed many times over the past few pages :D

Its interesting. The Buzz thread in the autographica section only got 89 votes, with half of them saying no, wouldn't pay it, and he's coming. so 268 votes here (and counting) where the answer is yes/yes should be enough to get them.

Would you pay these amounts to meet the following guests?

Stan Lee - £30 YES (X) NO ()

Ian Holm - £45 YES (X) NO ()

Christopher Lee - £55 YES (X) NO ()

Haden Christensen - £55 YES (X) NO ()

Christopher Lambert - £35 YES () NO (X) Because not interested!

Ewan McGregor - £50 YES (X) NO ()

Edited by DJachmed

Its interesting. The Buzz thread in the autographica section only got 89 votes, with half of them saying no, wouldn't pay it, and he's coming. so 268 votes here (and counting) where the answer is yes/yes should be enough to get them.

The only thing with that is there is only a fairly small proportion of people who attend Autographica who post on here regularly. I suspect opinion has also been sought from other sources on that one as well.

The other thing to remember is although fewer people may have voted, some of those people will spend pretty serious cash getting multiple items signed by him. I'm sure I heard that one person had spent over £1,000 (it may even have been more) on getting items signed by Buzz when he was over here last time.

I would like to meet STAN LEE and EWAN MC GREGOR in London for London Film and Comic 2011....

I am a fan of Spider Man and of X Men since I was only 8 years old....

It would be fantastic to meet these two legends and to assist to a talk with them!

I would. Come on, it's Stan "The Man" Lee he's up against. 95 votes to lee's 169 votes is pretty good considering the disadvantage.

Fair point. I can't argue with that. It would definitely be interesting to see the vote if Holm was put up against someone else. I personally would love to meet Mr Holm, but even if he wasn't up against Stan, I don't think I would have voted for him anyway as I couldn't justify the cost to his importance to my autograph collection. Though, there is also a tonne of people on here that have said that even though they voted for Stan, they would still love to meet Holm too. I think that will go a long way with the final decisions.

Here is an interesting question that I will put to you. I know that a lot of Showmasters fans that regularly attend the events would love to meet Mr Holm, but do you think he would draw many new fans to the event? I think that it is a safe bet that Stan would entice a shed load of hardcore comic fans that don't usually attend LFCC/CM in the same way that Mike Tyson did last year, but do you think Mr Holm has the same drawing power?

stan lee....yes please...legend!! would love to meet him,and at £30 would have thought that was a bargain to meet a childhood comic hero.

others on that list a bit of a grey are though....£55 for hayden christensen?? are you sure this poll isn`t more about finding out how deep the fans will dig,than about what guests they want?? sorry to sound cynical.

i do like the poll idea in general though,gives the fans the chance to choose the guests they want to see.just not so sure about the figures.:D

I think the Buzz situation is different, because he is well know for doin signings and they had him before. The space market is different too.

Stan Lee is doin signing appearances and photoshoots too in the US, Ive been waiting for SM to get him so I would be surprised and disappointed if they dont. Its a no brainer, especially at 30£. I cant see why they wouldnt invite him, except maybe if he doesnt want to have a long plane trip?

For Christopher Lee, they knows we missed him at LFCC when he cancelled days before. They are probably our only chance now, time isnt goin in our favor.

If the space or sport fans can pay premium to meet huge guests like Buzz or Tyson, why cant we ?

Edited by Skylover