would you pay this amount to meet these people ?

showmasters

i would be happy to pay this price so i can meet this guest   

425 members have voted

1. 1. if there is the right amount of interest it could happen

• Stan Lee £30
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. 2nd choice

• Hayden Christensen £55
    • Christopher Lee £55
  3. 3. 3ed choice

• Ewan McGregor £50
    • Christopher Lambert £35

I would most certainly be happy to pay the high price for Ewan, Christoper Lee and Hayden... Those would be very far up on my list of wonderful and fantastic guests beyond what I ever expected to have a chance of meeting, but then again... major league fanboy :YAHOO: Photoshoots would also be ordered faster than lightspeed even at a potential 40-50£ cost

As for Christopher Lambert, he's at LFCC, 35£, not an issue either at all ^^ In fact I am looking very much forward to this :), same applies to a 30£ photoshoot.

Ian Holm would also be very interesting. Was he announced I'm sure I wouldn't mind paying up to 45£ for an autograph from him, although he would not be dragging me out of my cave in Denmark all by himself (like Lee, McGregor or Christensen)

I feel somewhat the same way about Stan Lee, he is just as fantastic and we have a lot of wonderful comic heroes to thank him for, but alone, he would not drag me to an event, but sure he would be a great guest and one I'd get an autograph from if I was attending the convention anyway :)

My guess is that in general people are very open to paying a little extra for some very rare and possibly once in a lifetime guests. Possibly travel rather far for it too, personally I'd do anything in my power if any of the 3 Star Wars guests mentioned here were announced for a Showmasters event, and mind you flying from Denmark plus possible hotel is rather expensive :uhoh:

Edited by AlusCWM

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious Jason, buy does this mean some contact has been made and after these "feelers" these prices are the likely amounts?

Ian Holm, Christopher Lee and Ewan McGregor would be the big 3 for me, closely followed by Hayden Christensen. But I'd personally love any of these guests at any of the prices mentioned. Genuinely surprised Stan Lee is beating out Mr Holm as things stand, I can ony assume this is down to the price noted.

Any chance of adding Brian Cox to the list above i would say he is a rare signer i would pay any thing to meet him but the three i voted for was Ian Holm pay any thing to meet him Christoper Lee Ewan McGregor.

Edited by Starbug

• Moderators

There's plenty of 'big guests' I'm sure people would like to meet. This poll is about these specific ones. I think it's safe to assume they are do-able at these prices, and that's why Jason asked.

Any others should be put in the guest suggestions, thanks B)

Just to back up David, this poll was NEVER a pole between the guests, I.e. Should SM get one or the other. It was always about if people would be willing to pay the extra for the big names. The answer has clearly been yes. Because of that we've got Chris Lambert. But SM getting Chris does NOT mean that the others are off the cards in anyway, even for LFCC!

If say Stan Lee is free for LFCC, I don't see Jason turning him down, or any of those on this pole.

Pole ? :P

Well whether it was based on this poll or not, Christopher Lambert seemed to be a hit. Maybe not overrun with people but there appeared to be a steady flow from what I saw. Got a couple of items signed myself (couldn't afford more) and have to say he was really, really nice to meet. His talk session was excellent too although rather poorly attended but that was partly down to overrunning photoshoots.

Goodness knows whether Jason saw it as a success or worthwhile given that it was a bit of an experiment but I had a great time meeting him and hearing him talk about his career, so thank you for the opportunity.

Well whether it was based on this poll or not, Christopher Lambert seemed to be a hit. Maybe not overrun with people but there appeared to be a steady flow from what I saw. Got a couple of items signed myself (couldn't afford more) and have to say he was really, really nice to meet. His talk session was excellent too although rather poorly attended but that was partly down to overrunning photoshoots.

Goodness knows whether Jason saw it as a success or worthwhile given that it was a bit of an experiment but I had a great time meeting him and hearing him talk about his career, so thank you for the opportunity.

I agree completely!

:D:D

The photoshoot and the talk were fantastic!

I would like to meet Stan Lee next year .....

• 3 weeks later...

Christopher Lee is really tall : :YAHOO: some would even say he's too tall.

He's only 6'5" :D

Christopher Lee is really tall : :dance: some would even say he's too tall.

He's only 6'5" ;)

6'4" now apparently. I recall watching an interview with him where he thinks he has lost an inch.

That's magic for you. Seriously one of these days someones gonna take a look at him and say "This guy's kinda short" lol.

I agree with this. During my now well-known wait for Corey Feldman on the Sunday, I got to watch Mr Lambert signing, and he most certainly did have a steady stream of people meeting him, but wasn't overly busy. He made time for everyone, and chatted, made eye contact.. he seemed to be a great guy. I mentioned to the crew member I was chatting to, that I never, for one moment expected I would ever catch a glimpse of Christopher due to the assumption he would be sooooo much more busier, so it was great to be able to, not only see him, but to watch him for a while. And if he was to return, I would most definitely approach him and tell him what a favourable impression he left on me at LFCC. :headscratch:

• Moderators

Hard to tell really. Too many factors to take into account, and whether people spent their money elsewhere and couldnt afford him etc, things like that. I'm sure they could've sold a few more, but how many is another thing. I think it was probably a learning experience with him being a higher price experiment .. can't have done too badly if they're still considering future ones :headscratch:

• 3 weeks later...

why must we choose, I want them all ;-)

+1!! I don't know if I can choose between Stan Lee and Ian Holm!

Poor ol' Ian Holm. He's up against Stan Lee who is basically God of the comic book world.

^^^ Don't think this is fair! ;)

This is going to take some deciding I think! HELP ME!!!! :D

Edited by Muthur

Poor ol' Ian Holm. He's up against Stan Lee who is basically God of the comic book world.

^^^ Don't think this is fair! ;)

They are not against each other as such. If you would be prepared to meet both people in a pairing then mention that in a post.

^^^ Don't think this is fair! :D

They are not against each other as such. If you would be prepared to meet both people in a pairing then mention that in a post.

Thankyou 1 of 2, I was very conflicted!!

Stan Lee is a God, and i'd beg on my knees to meet him! But as I've said in another thread, Ian Holm is an amazing man also. With an Alien collection on the go, he would be a perfect guest for me!

Awesome guests though SM! Thankyou.

Christopher Lee would be a dream come true! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly think they're a huge market for big guests. People are willing to pay for them because of their name, and all you have to do is look at the popularity of Christopher Lloyd and Chris Lambert at LFCC this year.

Stan Lee would be so awesome, and Ewan McGregor. And Christopher Lee. So much choice...

• 6 months later...

I'm not really that big an autograph collector, so signing fairs/events don't really appeal to me. I prefer going to conventions. As much as I would like to meet them, if it would be just for a about a minute and then it's all over, next in the line please. I don't think any would be enough of a draw to make me travel miles just to do that.

If you are looking at something like the Mike Tyson event. Then it is a different prospect all together. The opportunity of Christopher Lee for that day one maybe two Q&A sessions, an meet and get an autograph and possibly a photo opportunity I would be prepared to pay more. Say about £100 for the day inc autograph with the choice of a photo with him for a seperate fee.

• 2 years later...

I'm totally in favour of this vote....but these aren't actually guests id be interested in. So whilst i feel that these prices are totally reasonable for these guests I haven't voted. But purely done the exact guests rather than cost.

Whilst I am all for keeping costs down i do think that we all get very good deals with the prices of autos and photos and i would be totally happy to pay more for smaller as well as bigger guests if this meant more overseas guests!! When you take into account the cost of the flights etc the current rates are very good.

I think at the end of the day that the prices haven't risen with inflation and whilst in some respects this is brilliant at the same time if increasing the prices a little meant more overseas guests (both minor guests and major guests) then I would happily pay it; Its something me and my friends were chatting about recently and they all feel that we get bargains currently.

So if you do any further polls around pricing i will happily vote.

You do a great job showmasters, thanks :)