would you pay this amount to meet these people ?

showmasters

i would be happy to pay this price so i can meet this guest   

425 members have voted

1. 1. if there is the right amount of interest it could happen

• Stan Lee £30
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. 2nd choice

• Hayden Christensen £55
    • Christopher Lee £55
  3. 3. 3ed choice

• Ewan McGregor £50
    • Christopher Lambert £35

my understanding is he dislikes being so closely associated with the part when he has done much better stuff down the years.

But he hasn't... ;)

Such a shame he can't embrace what most people will remember him for. He'll always be Dracula for me and that's what I'd like to get signed by him - a pic of him as the Count.

NO,NO,NO...

he used to dislike being constantly reminded of the part,but as recent years tell,he embraces the part that made his name.....

and as for ONLY dracula being his best????

RASPUTIN

COUNT DOOKU

SCARAMANGA

SAURMAN

SHERLOCK HOLMES

THE WICKER MAN (THE ORIGINAL,NOT THE NICK CAGE CRAP)

DR WONKA IN CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

TO NAME A FEW GREAT ROLES..................

IAN HOLM IS A GREAT ACTOR,BUT NOT LEGENDARY....

my favorite ian holm performance,albeit small, was in time bandits as napoleon...

''little things hitting each other.....thats what i like!!!''

my understanding is he dislikes being so closely associated with the part when he has done much better stuff down the years.

But he hasn't... ;)

Such a shame he can't embrace what most people will remember him for. He'll always be Dracula for me and that's what I'd like to get signed by him - a pic of him as the Count.

NO,NO,NO...

he used to dislike being constantly reminded of the part,but as recent years tell,he embraces the part that made his name.....

and as for ONLY dracula being his best????

RASPUTIN

COUNT DOOKU

SCARAMANGA

SAURMAN

SHERLOCK HOLMES

THE WICKER MAN (THE ORIGINAL,NOT THE NICK CAGE CRAP)

DR WONKA IN CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

TO NAME A FEW GREAT ROLES..................

IAN HOLM IS A GREAT ACTOR,BUT NOT LEGENDARY....

my favorite ian holm performance,albeit small, was in time bandits as napoleon...

''little things hitting each other.....thats what i like!!!''

I didn't say that "only Dracula is his best," I did say he hasn't done anything better since then. The Wicker Man is one of the worst movies I've ever had to sit through, but I understand it's a cult classic, for some reason.

If he indeed has embraced Dracula for all it has given him over the years, it's weird that he still won't sign any Dracula stuff.

I would pay more for good guests

I know some people won't be able to afford them, however the harsh reality of the world is currys dont only sell cheap and small tvs so why should showmaster be any different. And if people can't afford it at least they will get to see the people.

So in other words bring on ewen and stan

(and schwarzenegger, he'll need the cash soon)

Decepticons are much better than Autobots, just like the original Wicker Man is much better than the re-make!!!

I couldn't care less, I'm not a big Transformers fan :D

I wonder if its an age thing. I'm ashamed to say I have little time for films older than me. Most just seem a chore to get though.

Nope, definitely not an age thing for me. Star Trek is older than Wicker Man for one, and most of my favorite movies are from the 50's and 60's.

I wonder if its an age thing. I'm ashamed to say I have little time for films older than me. Most just seem a chore to get though.

How old are you out of interest?

Same age as Star Wars.

I'm alright if I grew up seeing them on TV - Invaders From Mars, the HG Wells adaptions, King Kong etc, but I seem to have little time for new old ones. If that makes sense.

How old are you out of interest?

Same age as Star Wars.

I'm alright if I grew up seeing them on TV - Invaders From Mars, the HG Wells adaptions, King Kong etc, but I seem to have little time for new old ones. If that makes sense.

Yeah, it makes sense, though It must be a personal preference thing. You are a little bit older than me and I often feel that the older the movies the better. I am not keen on CG special effects for example, so I'm kind of the opposite of you. Though I have to admit, when they make it work, it works.

Just monetising the votes at the moment, we'd see people willing to spend a total of 16500 on either Christopher Lee or Hayden Christensen!

And that is just based on this poll of 300 participants so far.

Does anyone know the costs involved in bringing a guest like this to the table?

• Showmasters Admin

30 seconds a signature would work out at £6000 an hour!

which in all there cases it dose not come close t covering them , and that just to point we are looking to just cover our costs and be able to have them as a guest .

so thats why we are asking you all to get some feed back , which is very help full so thanks .

jason

Jason, can you say why these 6 guests are mentioned? Have you put out feelers to these in particular? Are there any guests who might be available for signings who you would like to gauge interest in who would cost over £60, like the Autographica guests who are sometimes over £100? I know we're talking about rare guests here; one big, rare guest a year might be possible.

30 seconds a signature would work out at £6000 an hour!

which in all there cases it dose not come close t covering them , and that just to point we are looking to just cover our costs and be able to have them as a guest .

so thats why we are asking you all to get some feed back , which is very help full so thanks .

jason

What about a sig every 20 seconds? 10 grand an hour, for 6 hours a day? Over 2 days? Works out at about 120 grand. Would that be enough? If these kind of figures aren't looking helpful as to whether you decide to get these guests or not, the poll's a bit useless.

Personally to me the poll looks like a hell of a lot of people would meet these people, and that's only people on this forum, which as we know, is just a percentage of the attendees at an event. But if even 1000 votes in this poll saying 'yes we'd pay this money happily' isn't helping then it does seem a bit pointless. What kind of result were you looking for?

Maybe if you say something like 'if we get 1000 people voting for Christopher Lee, then we'll try and get him' then it'd yield better results

Edited by JacknDaniel

How many autos can a guest like Lee actually sign? Having watched him sign before, I doubt it's even half the amount Ewan or Hayden would manage.

You could imagine Ewan getting through 1000 in 6 hours and also managing an hour photoshoot with 400 folk.

Christopher Lee would be a MASSIVE Signing WOW and only £55 an Autograph.....LEGEND.

I have at least 8 Items I would love to have him sign.....

and I'm sure I wouldnt be the only one cueing up for an Autograph and Photo....

:D