things we feel you should know

showmasters

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am guessing it's going to be a cancellation or postponement. With 6 weeks to go now before the advertised dates I can not see enough tickets being sold to make the event viable. So my positive thinking is that is is postponed to a date I can still make and they get the big guest they've been trying to get. :unsure:

Completely agree. As fantastic as it will be if they manage to secure a big guest, and obviously would sell some more tickets off the back of that guest, unfortunately we reckon that for many, many folk its gunna be a case of "too little, too late".

It has now been over a working week since we passed the 10 day period. We fear we have now reached a point where the amount of time left until the advertised dates will counteract the securing of a big name, thus rendering the event unsuccessful anyway.

I would of bought a ticket by now if there was just one guest announced. It wouldn't matter who just to have a name to it would be fine. I would love to go as would my daughter but just need a name to it to give me a bit of confidence that all will go ahead cause I will need to book hotel, buy train ticket, book time off work and get hubby to change his shifts to look after the kids. So just need to feel sure before we get it all sorted. And it costs us cash.

So I am still hopeful and keep checking this forum.

fingers crossed

xx

Edited by my*wife*says

I'm actually hoping for a postponement as i will be going into hospital at the end of the month for an operation and i don't think I'd be up for this convention, was actually relieved that the guests that I want to meet from EAM con have gone to LFCC!

Please try for about September - I'm free the whole month! lol

Just a thought, the reason why we have not heard anything even thought the 10 days are up. Is because they are finalising the details and contracts with the big star for the new date, confirming with the hotel they can do it for that date etc. Once that is done, we will be told that show has been postponed and the new day is X, with the first guest being X at X.

cap

It would be nice if we had another 'official' comment though...even if it's just to say we will have an answer soon or something...just so they acknowledge we are waiting!!

I know you have no guest, no idea what's going on. I wish we had something said to us as well regarding ET5.

Waiting is NOT fun!

im guessing if it was gonna be cancelled they would of just come on and said by now. So maybe theyre still in the process of signing someone - otherwise no point leaving everyone hanging

Warp10 was cancelled one month before the show (I think- don't quote me on it!)...

It would be nice if we had another 'official' comment though...even if it's just to say we will have an answer soon or something...just so they acknowledge we are waiting!!

I know you have no guest, no idea what's going on. I wish we had something said to us as well regarding ET5.

Waiting is NOT fun!

yeah but we have 4 guests for et5 and remember we had 2 suprise guests at e4 so thats nothing to worry about as we know that wont get cancelled no matter what!

this one has no guests no news if its taking place, being postponed or being cancelled its a bit harder to plan for an event with no guests than one with 4! not having a go so i hope it didnt come out that way!

Waiting is NOT fun!

yeah but we have 4 guests for et5 and remember we had 2 suprise guests at e4 so thats nothing to worry about as we know that wont get cancelled no matter what!

this one has no guests no news if its taking place, being postponed or being cancelled its a bit harder to plan for an event with no guests than one with 4! not having a go so i hope it didnt come out that way!

no worries at all. But I think SM need to talk to us regarding events especially when they say they will give news "soon" and it's been some time. I'm talking for both cons.

I understand very well that the wait for this con, for new about it happening or not is worst.

Edited by Myself205

Waiting is NOT fun!

no worries at all. But I think SM need to talk to us regarding events especially when they say they will give news "soon" and it's been some time. I'm talking for both cons.

I understand very well that the wait for this con, for new about it happening or not is worst.

oh yeah thats one thing that does get to me all the false hope thats thrown around cuz i know they say this stuff to make people feel better but then when said time runs out and we are still in the same place we were it puts on downer on the situation again!

Waiting is NOT fun!

oh yeah thats one thing that does get to me all the false hope thats thrown around cuz i know they say this stuff to make people feel better but then when said time runs out and we are still in the same place we were it puts on downer on the situation again!

but at least the longer they hold out telling us anything, gives me more days in work to work up extra hours so I may not have to go in as early on the Monday after the con :D

Oh SM/ME, I wish you could stick to your given timescales for updates. You're killing us here. And even if you do get that big guest, I fear so many potential attendees have seen their window of opportunity to sign up close. Not that miracles don't happen. (Pleasepleasepleaseplease.)

If this is postponed, I would just like to request that (presuming you don't schedule it on a weekend which clashes with Bitten 2, Hallowhedon 3, Return To Middle Earth, LFCC and CMK :D), you do NOT schedule it for the weekend of 27-28 August, because that's the one non-convention weekend I cannot make. And I will scream until I'm sick if you do. And you don't want that. OK? OK.

*settles back to wait some more*

Edited by CosmicAvatar

Its a shame it seems conventions are shooting downhill faster then anyting atm, its also a recesion its hard for people STOP making more and more events. its hard to get guests let alone people afford to book them.. so many events are getting cancelled moved etc..isnt this a big enough sign??? why do a con get them to one of the other millionyou do like comic con etc...?

They expect us to pay money to fund there events when they cant even reply by the time they said its very unfair on people. Im sure they will all be sorry blah blah well we dont want that we want answers its unfair on people waiting and people that have booked... just stop making millions of diff events what ever happened to bringing them to like comic con and collectormania..

They expect us to pay money to fund there events when they cant even reply by the time they said its very unfair on people. Im sure they will all be sorry blah blah well we dont want that we want answers its unfair on people waiting and people that have booked... just stop making millions of diff events what ever happened to bringing them to like comic con and collectormania..

Hi sorry I am feeling a bit dippy but what did you mean by " just stop making millions of diff events what ever happened to bringing them to like comic con and collectormania.."

cheers