things we feel you should know

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

ok we are working on a big head liner for this event , we feel the only way this con will work is to have a great rare guest we have one in play and if we pull this off we will have a great event but if this guest is not around to attend this con we fell we will not be able to put on a really good lineup that we need to pull of this con , so we would plan to run this event latter on in the year or many be next year or when ever the guest was around to attend , anyway now you know what we plan to do and you know as much as we do , if we do have to change the date or cancel this event you will all be refunded , but we hope to be able to pull off this guest and bring you all a really cool event .

what ever happens we should know in the next 10 days one way or the other .

i hope you can see we are trying our best for you all and that we really do care in our office there are really big fans of these shows and we all want to go to this event so let hope we can get this 1st big guest conformed and we can all have fun together like last years event . ;)

jason :huh:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update! Would love to know which show this guest relates to!! But then I suppose that might make it too obvious!

I'll be bummed if the event has to be moved or whatever but as long as its not cancelled for good.....I need as many chances to meet Vampire Diaries and SPN people as possible!

xxx

Thankyou for letting us know the situation, Jason. Its certainly a weight off my mind, and perhaps other people's minds too, to know a little bit of what is going on.

I really, really hope that your extra special headliner guest is available at some time, even if its not in time for the current dates, just so it doesn't have to be cancelled outright. *crosses fingers, toes, eyes, arms and legs*

Wonder who it might be... I suspect someone from Supernatural as that's probably the best known of the three shows. :D

It does sound like there are struggles going on to actually get many guests from any of the shows though I hope thats not the case. Hmm, I hope a lot these days, don't I? ;) Hehe, I think I'm just desperate for a Being Human convention even if its only a partial one. Ignore me.

:D KC

Edited by Kinkyclawz

I personally think that an event should not rely on one big guest, especially if the event is supposed to cover three shows.

I really liked the idea of having an event covering 3 shows I like. If the event had 1 or 2 good guests from each show, it would have been interesting enough for me. But no guests at all 2 months before the event?

Personnally I hope the event will be postponed as I like the three shows and think the concept of associating these shows is a rather good idea but I still don't think the event should be driven by one big guest. Recurring guests from each show would have been good enough for me.

Next time hopefully.

• Moderators

I'm rather hoping it's a big Vampire Diaries guest... because there's almost no way I could afford to come to this event now and I would badly want to if it was either of the other shows...

Ohhhh thank you SM x x We have every faith you always try your best x x Personally loving all 3 shows wouldn't mind a lineup of any of the cast tbh say bonnie (tvd) or Cass (spn) but a main cast member would be so memorable. Please SM bear in mind that even without this supreme guest we would be happy to attend and have a wonderful time x

You don't have to book by the end of January.

Originally the hotel was taking deposits for costs of room and the remaining balance had to be paid by the end of January.

And even that may have changed meanwhile because attendees for Bitten and The Hub have been told the balance is due at check in.:wub:

Unless the hotel is sold out (which may happen since it only has 145 rooms) there won't be a problem getting a room next month.

I am referring to that part on the event website: http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/roadhouse2/info.php?venue

I personally think that an event should not rely on one big guest, especially if the event is supposed to cover three shows.

I really liked the idea of having an event covering 3 shows I like. If the event had 1 or 2 good guests from each show, it would have been interesting enough for me. But no guests at all 2 months before the event?

Personnally I hope the event will be postponed as I like the three shows and think the concept of associating these shows is a rather good idea but I still don't think the event should be driven by one big guest. Recurring guests from each show would have been good enough for me.

Next time hopefully.

I totally agree. I've already bought a ticket, but only watch 2 out of the 3 shows - and I love 1 of them. If all the effort is going into getting one headlining guest, it's going to lead to disappointment. This event should cover all 3 shows equally to be fair.

I totally didnt know about the remaining balance by end of Jan thing! I paid the deposit by card so are they just gonna take the rest off my card automatically? Or do I have to call up and arrange something?

Also, if the date is moved etc will we get the deposit back? I know it says non-refundable on the site but does that mean even when its SM making the changes?

xxx

Next time hopefully.

I totally agree. I've already bought a ticket, but only watch 2 out of the 3 shows - and I love 1 of them. If all the effort is going into getting one headlining guest, it's going to lead to disappointment. This event should cover all 3 shows equally to be fair.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have smaller guests lined up (that may not be enough to sell out the con on its own) which they can then announce if the main attraction ("big guest") is confirmed. It's not like they'd run a con with only one guest.

I was going to buy my ticket on Monday when I get paid, but I'm going to wait for this annoucement now as if it's postponed or cancelled then I'd rather have the money in my account than wait for a refund... and then maybe spend it on ET5 instead.

I totally didnt know about the remaining balance by end of Jan thing! I paid the deposit by card so are they just gonna take the rest off my card automatically? Or do I have to call up and arrange something?

Also, if the date is moved etc will we get the deposit back? I know it says non-refundable on the site but does that mean even when its SM making the changes?

xxx

There's been confusing info about the balance payment. For the other events attendees were told there would be no payment taken before check in. They called the hotel. I asked Mark to check on this, but if you want to know for sure I'd recommend you call on Monday.

In the past for the full prepayment events everything was refunded when there was a change from ME's side.

If the event will be moved this info should be posted.

Thanks for letting us know! Oooh cool! Ahhh hope it's not postponed i'll have problems arranging it around work if it does :D I'm sure i'll find a way though! Postponed or not, either way i can't wait :D Love all three shows so i'm there regardless of who we have, although of course a big guest is always nice. Guess we'll just have to wait and see :P

Again, had to hold off on getting tix to this event despite loving all 3 shows. Such a shame as this event has the potential to be amazing. On the flip side however, situtations like this also mean a mixed con could fail miserably.

We find it rather interesting and a little baffling that the fate of an entire con that is supposed to be covering 3 shows is resting on the shoulders of securing one guest from one show. We understand that a big name will bring in sales but it's a little unfair to those who arent fans of the show that this guest represents especially if it results in a postponement as they are getting messed around without any benefit or gain to them..

Also, we find that it is a little condescending to be told time and time again to not buy a ticket for ANY event on the basis of one guest yet its acceptable to base the runnning of an ENTIRE event on one guest. The same principal applies to this situation.

Lets just hope it goes ahead, preferably as scheduled without too much potential disapointment for some.

Again, had to hold off on getting tix to this event despite loving all 3 shows. Such a shame as this event has the potential to be amazing. On the flip side however, situtations like this also mean a mixed con could fail miserably.

We find it rather interesting and a little baffling that the fate of an entire con that is supposed to be covering 3 shows is resting on the shoulders of securing one guest from one show. We understand that a big name will bring in sales but it's a little unfair to those who arent fans of the show that this guest represents especially if it results in a postponement as they are getting messed around without any benefit or gain to them..

Also, we find that it is a little condescending to be told time and time again to not buy a ticket for ANY event on the basis of one guest yet its acceptable to base the runnning of an ENTIRE event on one guest. The same principal applies to this situation.

Lets just hope it goes ahead, preferably as scheduled without too much potential disapointment for some.

Could not agree more, I would have thought that they would have additional guests confirmed and announced, and add the BIG guests when they are confirmed, but no we just have this BIG guest to wait on, I don't think this con will go ahead. Shame as this show could be good.