I am now in mourning

dragonsanddaffodils

Oh well,

as Mojoe said when he told me about this, after these next ten episodes, there will be no more new Stargate after 13 years on SciFi :(

Stargate Universe has now been cancelled

So please can we have David Blue (cos I missed him first time around) and Brian J Smith (cos he was awesome) to a future con :P

http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/syfy-cance...rgate-universe/

comments from the cast and other past Stargates cast and their friends from Twitter

David Blue

Crap. Just heard the news as well. Apparently, nobody decided to tell us ahead of time. My rep heard it online. Seems they cancelled #SGU..

Look out for the back half. Really proud of it. Shame, b/c where they leave Eli is frakkin' cool. REALLY wanted to see where it went...

...But I appreciate all of your continuing support in all my future works as well. Hope you'll come along for the ride! :) Much love! <3

It was an honor to work with one of the most talented casts in my experience, & the hardest working & loving crew. Thank you all. #SGU

Brian J Smith

Literally just touched down at the naval base, and literally just found out about SGU. Sad news. But unreal trip - more later.

Hey wanted to say thanks for all the loving messages. Yes, very sad news. My head is WHIRLING with this and the amazing naval experience -

James Bamford (Stunts)

David Reed from Gateworld called and informed me...moments later, it appears on Twitter....Much LOVE to EVERYONE involved in the SG franchise. It has been an honor and pleasure working alongside you..all.

Thanks to all of you on Twitter and Gateworld who have supported a truly epic series.....those of you who didn't....well....The cast......action freakin' heroes....every last one of you!

Amanda Alexander (Script supervisor for SG1, SGA and SGU)

Thanks to all who supported the show. I am sad today. #SGU

Kate Hewlett - David Hewletts sister and was in SGA (RT by David Blue)

So... today marks the end of the Stargate franchise? Very sad indeed if that's the case. SGU was a damn good show with a kick-ass cast.

Jewel Staite

The end of an era! So sorry to hear about the canceling of Stargate Universe. And to the cast: You are all FABULOUS. I wish you many jobs!

David Hewlett

I thought the DMV was about as bad as it was going to get for me today...but I return to find out SyFy cancelled SGU!?

Martin Gero - screenwriter and co-producer SGA (RT by David Blue)

What a bummer. I thought the second season of SG:U was some of the best Stargate ever. Sad for that amazing team. #Stargate

Felicia Day (RT by David Blue)

Ack with SG: U being cancelled and delicious.com being shut down, today is grim!!!

I think its awful that they didnt even tell the cast first!

@LouDPhillips Much Love & Many Thanks to #SGU faithful! So grateful for your appreciation of the show and all who worked so hard on it. C U down the road!

@cpbinder Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. And to the cast and crew of #SGU, thanks for making this the best job I’ve ever had.

@Juliemcniven Sadly #SGU has been canceled. I had such a wonderful time working on the show and wish everyone the best:)

@colinferg SGU was a great show and was filled with talented people. They will be missed. We had a nice little family going on up there…

@allisonscag Many condolences to @DavidBlue and the whole #SGU family. That news is never easy to take.

Edited by Rhianydd

this is a disgrace, why must the americans can everything. and then green light loads of stuff in its place half of which will be crap or canned its self after 1 series. they give nothing a chance that doesnt become mega popular after 1 series these days.

SGU is awesome.

so is it left at series 2 finale will be the last? is series 2 a full season, cos im loving it so far!!

such sad news, one bright side is maybe we can get them all over to cons, especially CML march and CM17?

this is really sad news, makes me angry

I cant say I'm surprised to be honest.

I was surprised that it got to a second season.

Not saying that the actors or the characters were bad but the scripts were generally poor and it did seem to be a mismash of different scifi thrown together to create a series. A bit of BSG, a bit of ST: Voyager etc.

Shame that Atlantis was replaced with a show that never really carved out its own niche...

I am afraid that not everyone will like the same thing.

I believe that all of the Stargates have been different, and for that, I am glad as it meant three completely different shows.

:P

(In fairness, I never started this thread in order for people to discuss whether they do or dont like SGU, merely to let people know that hadnt seen the news on the internet )

Edited by Rhianydd

damn i really liked sgu the cast were great especially robert carlye,louis ferrira (hope i spelt his last name right lol )alania huffman and brian j smith and a great storyline destinys misson the universe building aliens it is a shame the cast is finding out the way they are hope they make a sgu tv movie and hope to get to meet some of them at collectormania glasgow

This sucks so much :smile: It was bearable (just about) when SG-1 and Atlantis were cancelled as we still had some Stargate to watch, but now we're left with nothing.

Why must these American networks always cancel the best shows? We've lost so many good ones in the past couple of years, and some other great ones in the past. Yet nonsense reality and celebrity shows last years :WINCE:

Why must these American networks always cancel the best shows? We've lost so many good ones in the past couple of years, and some other great ones in the past. Yet nonsense reality and celebrity shows last years :P
It is very frustrating. I wish shows were given a longer period. One or two series is not enough to enable the proper development of a show/characters/storylines. Even more frustrating is that the shows themselevs rarely get any warning of their fate and thus are unable to film any sort of conclusion.

Unfortunately the networks may be shooting themselves in the foot with this apparent trend. People may become very wary of watching any show due to the fact there is a high possiblity that it will be cancelled sooner rather than later.

Im gutted..WHY??

I suspect that shadowy alien force known as the Nielsens were behind this...

it was such a good show :P

As the late great John Belushi, playing Captain Kirk in the 1976 Saturday Night Live sketch "The Last Voyage of the Starship Enterprise" said, "We have tried to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new civilisations, to boldly go where no man has gone before, and except for one television network, we have found intelligence everywhere in the galaxy."

(I know that's Star Trek and this is Stargate, but if you've never seen it before, that old sketch might raise a smile at this sad time. Check it out here)

so so so so so gutted when i read this...my day has a huge dark cloud over it

SGU was getting into there stride, they worked out a better balance of character/story mix with some rather good episodes this half of the series...and now with a "series finally" cliffhanger lets hope and pray that MGM after there trobbles are slighty farther in the past will green light some kind of movie-- for most of my life ive had stargate...i only lived 5 years without it cant stop!!!! :P:( :( :( :(

lets hope SG-1 movie

SGA Movie

SGU movie

it will be a big clifhanger...it must be resolved!

:( i love stargate and im angry and sad today :( :( :( :(

Maybe time for SG1 and SGA Movies :) They can transform the sets back. I think a Great SG1 or SGA movie would more than make up for it :WAVE: Howabout my concept... SGUK - Ross kemp as General Hammond xD

The above idea totall smokes.

I just get the feeling that SyFy were never totally committed to the series and if you look at the fact that they are planing on having yet another BSG movie, I really don't know what the aganda is with them.

It's just a shame that there is no more room for SGU. I enjoyed it and was glad that it was different and having met David Blue at the Chevron he was at, (7.4 I think), I think there was a lot of milage to be had in the series.

I am also sad that the way that it was announced. Kind of says it all really. :thumbup:

Heres to the space ship Destiny. The journey was great while it lasted.

I'm also, totally gutted. I for one loved the cast and the whole concept of SGU and looked forward to it every single week.

I'm still in shock about the news and cant believe they didnt tell the cast first!!

Bad news all round. Let's hope they are putting some cash aside for some movies!!

Im gutted..WHY??

I suspect that shadowy alien force known as the Nielsens were behind this...

it was such a good show :D

As the late great John Belushi, playing Captain Kirk in the 1976 Saturday Night Live sketch "The Last Voyage of the Starship Enterprise" said, "We have tried to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new civilisations, to boldly go where no man has gone before, and except for one television network, we have found intelligence everywhere in the galaxy."

(I know that's Star Trek and this is Stargate, but if you've never seen it before, that old sketch might raise a smile at this sad time. Check it out here)

thanks for the link..ive never seen that sketch before..it did raise a smile lol..thanks :D