From SG1, SGA, SGU or from the Movie?

biggestfanever

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I don't think it's really fair to ask for "no ..." ANY show. It's an event for Stargate fans, and that includes all the shows.

I highly doubt they'll deliberately exclude any fans. It just depends on who is available etc.

Since we have RDA anncouced and teryl i think we should stuick to the sg1 theme. Alantis is always welcome but no sgu!!!

Don't be stupid. You say stick with SG1 theme and no SGU but then you say Atlantis is welcome. make up your mind, stick with SG1 theme or not.

I say bring it on.... that means whoever they want! (Beau Bridges, Cliff Simon, David Blue) :wub:

At the end of the day universe is crap. Not stargate related at all. Like a cheap version of bsg.

All i meant was we should have a sg1 reuinion.. would be awesome photo.. i doubt we will get rda over again.. may aswell try get the original 4..

This is my own views.. Alantis was good too..

I agree an SG1 reunion would be awesome, and a cast photo would be awesome.

But Universe is Stargate related. The fact your opinion on Universe is not a good one does not change the fact that universe IS Stargate related.

I'm personally enjoying Universe because it's gone in a completely different direction.

• Moderators

I see Universe as Stargate's equivalent of what DS9 was to Star Trek. After a couple of series that were fairly similar in structure, they've branched out into something different with a key element that keeps it in the same world. I don't think there was any need for another show exactly the same as SG1/SGA to be honest, so why not try something different? There's 15 seasons of that Stargate to re-watch if anyone wants it.

Just because a show may be 'crap' doesn't mean that the guests won't be entertaining.

I'd never seen Neil Roberts in a show but I decided to go to his talk at a convention a few years back, he's probably one of the best con guests I've ever seen.

I'm not the biggest fan of Universe in the world, but I'll all up for Universe guests. Lou Diamond Phillips is one of the best con guests I've ever seen and he's one of the nicest people you're ever likely to meet too (also he dropped his pants when someone asked him the boxer or briefs question)

Jamil Walker Smith is lovely and I think he'd make a fantastic guest

Yes, with RDA attending, the probably unrealistic SG-1 reunion (with Amanda, Christopher, Michael) would be the ideal scenario.

Other SG-1, Atlantis and Universe guests are equally welcome though. I enjoy all aspects of the Stargate....I was going to say universe but that would be a unintentional play on words, so... franchise.

I see Universe as Stargate's equivalent of what DS9 was to Star Trek. After a couple of series that were fairly similar in structure, they've branched out into something different with a key element that keeps it in the same world. I don't think there was any need for another show exactly the same as SG1/SGA to be honest, so why not try something different?
The DS9 analogy is scaringly similar to my thoughts about Universe. It's different. It's darker. They need to try and keep things fresh. Nobody likes stale!

Atlantis is more Voyager-esque. Tried to be different but ended up more similar to it's predecessor than was really intended. A much more successful attempt though!

The DS9 analogy is scaringly similar to my thoughts about Universe. It's different. It's darker. They need to try and keep things fresh. Nobody likes stale!

Atlantis is more Voyager-esque. Tried to be different but ended up more similar to it's predecessor than was really intended. A much more successful attempt though!

But SGU is Stargate: Voyager :wub:

DS9 is a good comparison though.

Anyway, I've met 4 SGU guests so far and they've all been great, a couple of them (David Blue and Alaina Huffman) being some of my favourite guests ever, so I'd love to meet more. Saying that though, most Stargate actors make great guests anyway, so whoever comes it should be good.

The only reason I'd choose against having SGU (and Atlantis) guests in this case is because I love the idea of an SG-1 reunion, although that's probably unlikely :lol:

Edited by Christoff

Since we have RDA announced and teryl i think we should stuick to the sg1 theme. Alantis is always welcome but no sgu!!!

OK if you want all SG-1 guest for 7.6, then we need all Atlantis guests for 7.8 (Eighth Chevron) and all Universe guests for 7.9 (ninth Chevron).

:wub: you should ask RDA why Dan calls him that

I'm hoping for one or two Atlantis guests, to balance it out. That said, I wouldn't mind meeting Lou Diamond Phillips or David Blue, and I'd love to see Dan Shea up there, telling his 'Big Boy' stories, with the man himself in attendance! :lol:

:D you should ask RDA why Dan calls him that

I'm hoping for one or two Atlantis guests, to balance it out. That said, I wouldn't mind meeting Lou Diamond Phillips or David Blue, and I'd love to see Dan Shea up there, telling his 'Big Boy' stories, with the man himself in attendance! :D

LOL! I would love to hear that story! :D

I am one of those people who love SGU. I am happy that its darker and different. I would have been totally fed up if it had been more of the same.

As I have been a Trek fan I can totally say this is nothing like Voyager! At least I can stand Colonel Young. B)

Also, why does it get compared to BSG. I just dont see it.

As for the con, I would love to see someone from SGU there. I have met David Blue and he was a great guest. I for one would love to meet more of the cast.

I am sorry if not everyone agrees with this. But, as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine.