Guest Rescheduled - William B Davis

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Due to flight irregularities with BA and other work commitments William B Davis is no longer able to attend Collectormania 16.

He will however now be joining us at London Film and Comic Con in July.

All our other guests now have flights confirmed and are looking forward to meeting you all.

:P

Being an X-Files fan but with little money and so many Trek people, this is a massive relief to me as i won't miss him just reschedule meeting him. LFCC is looking much better for me now. Sorry to all the people that can't get to London and were looking forward to meeting him at C:16.

Ironic that he, of all guests, be beaten by ASH !!! :D:P:P

:D

However, from the first post i took it as being a problem with BA and the planned 20 days of strikes which would cause irregular flights.

These strikes are now not taking place as BA won a high court injunction against the strike action late this afternoon.

But at least the others are still coming.

Any chance to have another photo shoot instead of his ? Linda Hamilton maybe ? Actually without that, with Tom and William cancelled, I have only 4 guests to meet on monday including 3 I've already met and Linda who does not do a photo shoot. Answer of this simple equation = skip the event :D

At least this solves my conundrum, because I really wanted to meet him next week but money is tight and all that jazz but July will suit me right down to the ground and judging from other posts on here I think it would suit the majority too :P

• Moderators

Indeed.

He has been rescheduled for LFCC.

Tom Wopat on the other hand has cancelled, and has not been announced for another event yet. Therefore he was a cancellation.

Pretty clear really.

Why dress this up as a "reschedule"? He has cancelled for this event....

The "reschedule" is the new cancellation. Showmasters don't cancel guests anymore, they "reschedule" them for another event.

The "reschedule" stops the negative impact of having a list of about 10 guests on the forum with "cancelled" by their name. Plus it's a good way of gauging how popular a guest will be before they get paid. If it doesn't look like there's much interest, they get cancelled. If there's good levels of interest, then they get rescheduled and are booked to appear.

• Moderators

The "reschedule" stops the negative impact of having a list of about 10 guests on the forum with "cancelled" by their name. Plus it's a good way of gauging how popular a guest will be before they get paid. If it doesn't look like there's much interest, they get cancelled. If there's good levels of interest, then they get rescheduled and are booked to appear.

I severely doubt that's what they're doing :D

I'm sure SM would reschedule all guests that have to cancel if they could, it's entirely down to when the guest is free :D

I like seeing this new 'rescheduled' next to a guest. While it does mean that they can't make the event they are originally announced for, which can and does happen, it also means that they have managed to rearrange to come to another event in the near future.

I very much doubt that it's used to gauge a guests popularity. For example, Chris Judge has rescheduled from LFaCC. He has attended before and is always popular. William B Davis will be a popular guest. As would Robert Beltran and Stephen Collins have been, who are unfortunately cancellations with no rescheduling. So far.

I fail to see why 'x' amount of cancellations in a forum would lead to negativity (unless it's all guests!). Do people even count how many there are, and if so why?