This show needs the wow factor like last year!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definetly a matter of opinion :blush: To be honest, I haven't got a clue who most of the guests are (but then again I don't watch much stuff!), and the highlight of the show for me is Vic Mignogna, the Phelps twins, Peter Facinelli and Alex Meraz :D

all of the ones i'm after.

but i also want danny trejo, justin chon, edward furlong, spike spencer, i could probably add chris sarandon and the odd other :)

At last years event there was John Hurt, Christopher Lloyd, Pete Postlethwaite, Charles Dance, Brad Dourf, Karen Allen and all the other Indiana Jones guests. That's just off the top of my head! Such amazing guests!

At this years event the only great guest I feel so far is Edward Furlong. We need some more great guests to beat last years event!!!

agreed

Since I'm primarily interested in horror genre guests, this year the only person I'll be wanting to meet on the day so far is Danny Trejo. I'm a bit disappointed there aren't any other good guests (for me) this time, but I'm more than happy to make the journey just to get some posters signed by Danny :poki:

I think we get the idea of how wide a variety of expectations there are from everyone.

Some people are happy with 1 or 2, while others say 15 is disappointing :thumbup:

I don't think anyone is suggesting the line up is disappointing ( I am one of those people who will probably want to meet 15 guests!), but I personally would love to see at least one more A list film guest.

Bakula seems to be one of the major guests, and he is primarily only known for tv. I just want more old film guests attending.

• Moderators

It is always interesting to see reactions to the lineup. For me, last year was definitely better, but obviously there's still time here for this one.

I remember thinking Christopher Lloyd was an amazing guest, while some other people didn't even know who he was so ..

I think we get the idea of how wide a variety of expectations there are from everyone.

Some people are happy with 1 or 2, while others say 15 is disappointing :thumbup:

I wouldn't get out of bed to spend just £30 on two guests. I'm not going to spend more getting to an event than I'm going to spend inside. I've spend £600 in one weekend in past years.

I wouldn't get out of bed to spend just £30 on two guests.

I would, if they were Alison Doody and Michael Byrne.

HINT.

I do think the lineup is disappointing. There are guests that I like, yes, but all people who have attended many times and I have met many times before. I would be very excited by that if I could see them around someone bigger OR rarer but smaller (e.g. because of Ben Browder, I decided to attend Collectormania and also saw Nathan even though I met him repeatedly).

Edited by Psychosis

I do think the lineup is disappointing. There are guests that I like, yes, but all people who have attended many times and I have met many times before. I would be very excited by that if I could see them around someone bigger OR rarer but smaller (e.g. because of Ben Browder, I decided to attend Collectormania and also saw Nathan even though I met him repeatedly).

Same for me. There are guests I'd see, but they're not the sort I'd go just for them.

Assuming SM have vastly overpaid for Bakula, the current lineup is probably the best people can hope for.

Tbh, the majority of the guest announcements since Bakula have nearly all been very depressing considering LFCC is supposed to be a flagship event.

Collectormania MK and LFCC were too close together this year, CM MK had too much spent on the lineup, and there's not enough to go around to make LFCC much more than a one guest, three second long meet and greet session.

We have to congratulate SM for getting Bakula, but it looks like the price was a bit too high.

I must admit last years was great, i've been checking the board every day for months and have been disappointed with the guest list.

From my point of view scott bakula is not a big guest but as was said earlier its about opinions and I'm not having a go but simply sharing mine.

3 guests for me so far: Chris Sarandon, Michael Ironside and Ed Furlong.

I'm very happy with the guests so far, I will be meeting Scott Bakula, Jewel Staite, Michael Ironside, Michael Shanks & Edward Furlong.

Also Scott will not be the only guest which has been costly for this LFCC although I don't favour Twilight myself, I would expect they are expensive at this moment in time as the movies are extremely popular.

Edited by Lestat

One persons junk is another persons jewel :lol:.

For some Eddie F, Peter F, and others will be rubbish guests where as to others they will be superstars, and the best guests ever!

It all depends on personal preference.

I am V.happy with the guests so far.

I can't do more to agree that to some people, certain guests can be superstars while to others, they might be rubbish. But also have a hard time to get hyped for this.

Last year was brilliant, as an Indy fan, it was heaven. The last two times I've went to LFACC, quality guests were present and I took the chance this year to order my tickets before I even knew of any guests that were coming, I just based it on the fact that it's the LFCC, the flagship. Of course they are gonna have great guests, but I'm beginning to feel a bit dissappointed to be honest. While I can see that some people are crazy over actors like Scott Bakula, it's nothing for me. I have never seen anything he's in.

But there's still hope, there's still 3 weeks left and I'm waiting for that one guest that'll make the trip worth. :rolleyes:

I think this event had a really cool lineup - i think last year just had so many retro legends.

But im loving the twilight guests, Scott,Edward etc...

But still keeping my fingers crossed for Richard Dreyfuss to finally turn up to one of these :)

I think this event had a really cool lineup - i think last year just had so many retro legends.

But im loving the twilight guests, Scott,Edward etc...

But still keeping my fingers crossed for Richard Dreyfuss to finally turn up to one of these :)

i agree the line is cool, very mixed with current stars from heroes, twilight etc, great character actors in micheal ironside and Danny Trejo and a Sci-fi legend that is Dr Sam Beckett - Scott bakula

keep them coming

the dude :thumbup:

At the moment there is only one guest I want to meet and that is Mark Ryan. I'm not 100% I'm attending yet but if there's a couple more guests I want to meet (at least one Lost guest I'll be there for sure :thumbup: ) then I definitely will.

This is my first LFCC - I've done other SM cons before, but to me some of the guests do have the Wow factor for me. Probably as I've never met such a mix of people all in one place before.

Yes, I love Twilight, but I'm actually not going for them this time. My big Wows are Sendhil and Tom Baker!