Weekend Positives

Seeing as quite alot of people can turn to negativity in there posts, and it's alot easier to moan that to compliment, lets just forget about the bad bits and remember the good stuff.

If you wiegh it all up, yes there were some negative parts, but when your actually there, you sometimes forget about them till after the event, because your having a good time.

My highlights from the weekend were:

Getting Geoff Hurst's autograph (and a photo with him) for my dad

Looking at all the cool stuff in the dealers room

Buying torchwood cards then having 7 doubles brought back off me for £2 by the dealer

Getting two little japanese cartoon dolls that are really cute

Metting Burn Gorman twice

- the first time me, rob and conar had a conversation with him about some guy off coronation street that he knows

- the second time i got his autograph and i got him to sign a pic of me and him at the hub 2 and he sed it was lovely to meet me again. lol.

Metting Shabs again, having him know about (and like) my youtube video (

) and him telling me that i have a nice smile.... :YAHOO:

Having Burn Gorman know about my youtube video too because his guest assistant person recognised me from it then asked me if it was me, then told Burn Gorman about it while I was there.

And going with Rob and Conar while they got Phillip Glenisters autograph, and metting him and talking to him without even having to pay (i didn't get his auto tho)

I think thats about it..... lol

so, what are yours? x

Edited by torchwoodangel93

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My highlights:

- Meeting Rachel Luttrell 5 times :YAHOO: LOL how sad does that sound? I went with 2 friends so every time either of them went to her I went with them. Just because she's one of the sweetest, most adorable guests I've seen - as was Torri. The Atlantis set must've been a delight.

- Actually seeing John Crichton Ben Browder in person!

- Chatting to Nathan Fillion about Castle early on the Friday - I think he seemed happy that somebody had even seen it, although I may have read that wrong.

- Meeting (and re-meeting) some lovely crew, attendees and cosplayers

- Nathan complimenting my outfit

- Getting a spontaneous hug from Rachel in her photoshoot, and a hug from Ben also in his.

- Talking to Alice and finding her surprisingly (excitingly!) attentive and engaging

Oh, and I musn't forget meeting Sarah again...

Hi Sarah :thumbup:

Also, many people said they got bored, but I was there for AGES on saturday and Naoko Mori had cancelled, so I didn't have anyone to meet, and I was all on my own, but I loved it!

I didn't get bored at all, and I found it really fun going round on my own. I met loads of new people (and people who I made friend with at events previously) and could just do whatever I wanted.

Meeting Nathan :dance:

Buying my Draco doll

Not having to queue for the loos (which were nice and clean lol)

Free bus! This is something else I forgot to mention on my other posts, but for a young woman travelling alone, it was a blessing!

The crew, who helped me out several times :thumbup:

- Every staff member I spoke to or asked for help was polite and chatty.

- I was done by 11am on Saturday and due to the fast moving queues, got to go home way earlier than I could have hoped for - much appreciated after getting up at 3:20am!

- Getting to meet a legend like Leonard Nimoy. Yes, it was the most rushed guest encounter EVER but it was possibly a once in a lifetime oppertunity that I wouldn't have been given if not for SM. I wasn't expecting him to even acknowledge me properly so when he looked up with a smile and said "great to meet YOU" after I thanked him for coming to the show, I was over the moon.

- The BTTF guests were absolutely adorable. Please bring them back!

- The lovely chat I had with Marc McClure. I think he'd talk to you all day if he could and he added a very sweet personal touch to the autograph just for me without being asked.

- Every queue I went to was an Open Q apart from Nimoy, which was fantastic. It was lovely to just be able to breeze through without any hassle.

Edited by Princess83

Highlights (too numerous to mentioned them all so these are seriously edited!)

Meeting friends

Fabulous crew who made me laugh in queues, were really helpful and organised the photo collection to perfection today I thought!

Leonard Nimoy being an absolute gentleman even being so busy

Ben Browder for being gorgeous, funny and cuddly

Rachell Luttrell for being so 'huggy'

Philip Glenister for making my friend's Mum's day by his dedication to her on the auto

Burn Gorman for flattering me by asking 'where is your coat young lady' during the photoshoot where I was shiverring in a t-shirt to 'look good' in the pics

Both photographers for fab pics of everyone

All the dealers for being really friendly and chatty

The Storm Troopers, Stargate people, Alien, Predator (and soldiers), Spiderman, Darth Vader, R2D2, Dalek, Batman et al for giving some fabulous photo ops and making kids laugh and adults jump out of their skins (anyone else get snuck up on by Alien??!)

Tony Amedola for being generally lovely and chatty

Nathan Fillion - for being so nice even though I've never seen Firefly or Serenity and went with my friend and basically stood there with my mouth open at how gorgeous he was :dance:

NOT getting claustrophobic in the dealer areas etc. and being able to walk around much easier

The staff in ASDA cafe who even though they did not really know what had hit them were really patient and friendly

Lowlights

the weather!!! Not a lot anyone could do about that though

The Chips in the concessions - rather dear and rather soapy......Methinks ASDA benefitted considerably tho.

I can't go to LFCC but am really looking forward to MK next year!!!!!!! :thumbup:

My photoshoots with Leonard Nimoy, Nathan Fillion and Avery Brooks. Sweet!

Being winked at by Nathan (again!).

Meeting Avery for the first time, who seemed so nice. (I just wish I could have actually, like, SAID SOMETHING.)

Being a lot cooler at the stadium than at the centre:mk, which was so hot I was sweating within minutes

Running into/being recognized by people I'd got to meet at the Eclipse conventions - some previous attendees, some crew (some of the attendees I'd hung out with at the cons were actually crew this time!). I always found the big signing events a little impersonal in the past, due to their sheer size, but those cons have helped make me feel more a part of things now.

Glenister being awesome...

...all the other guests being awesome

The Quattro. Please have this at LFCC and inside please lol

The music being played in the stadium (when the sun came out and 'hymn to the fallen' from 'saving private ryan' played I got a little emotional lol). Really gave the event a good atmoshpere.

Seeing my friends again.

Being fangirled by doctor who fans.

Fangirling the Quattro.

Doing the 'watch' pose with Marty Mcfly (two time travellers...having to get 'back in time')

The Storm Troopers, Stargate people, Alien, Predator (and soldiers), Spiderman, Darth Vader, R2D2, Dalek,

DALEK?! I didn't see a Dalek :D Was that there Sunday? I was only there Friday and Saturday, seeing things like Darth Vader and R2D2 was great though, that R2D2 apparently cost $10,000 to build! :dance:

Meeting all the guests was great too obviously and looking around the huge dealers room, wanted to buy so much stuff but most of what I wanted was rather expensive :thumbup:

My Highlights were

Meeting Philip Glenister ( today has made my year lol been desperate to meet him now i want to meet john simm)

Meeting Burn Gorman really nice funny

Getting A saw 4 poster

~Getting more tenth doctor stuff

The Whole Day

Glenister being awesome...

...all the other guests being awesome

The Quattro. Please have this at LFCC and inside please lol

The music being played in the stadium (when the sun came out and 'hymn to the fallen' from 'saving private ryan' played I got a little emotional lol). Really gave the event a good atmoshpere.

Seeing my friends again.

Being fangirled by doctor who fans.

Fangirling the Quattro.

Doing the 'watch' pose with Marty Mcfly (two time travellers...having to get 'back in time')

Were you the one who was dressed up as david tennant's doctor?

Hey everyone, I don't really post on here much at all, but just wanted to say that I had a great time today! My highlights were:

- Meeting Nathan Fillion, he was so friendly and started telling me about the background setting for the picture I chose to get signed. Such a lovely guy!

- Seeing all the cosplayers about, the Batman and Joker were awesome in particular. I saw them at asda around 1pm and the Joker had changed to the nurse outfit which was getting some strange looks from people haha! The Alien made me and my friend jump by hissing at us which gave afew people in the Leonard Nimoy queue a laugh too.

- Picking up afew 'new Spock' goodies to feed the growing Zachary Quinto crush...

- The helpfulness and friendliness of the crew, as always!

And just generally enjoying the great atmosphere that the Collectormania events create, can't wait until Collectormania London!

Edited by kez

Highlights (too numerous to mentioned them all so these are seriously edited!)

The Storm Troopers, Stargate people, Alien, Predator (and soldiers), Spiderman, Darth Vader, R2D2, Dalek, Batman et al for giving some fabulous photo ops and making kids laugh and adults jump out of their skins (anyone else get snuck up on by Alien??!)

My mum did first by Alien and then about 30mins later by a stormtrooper- it was HIL-AIR-RIOUS both times!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved the unique feel to the event, loved the atmosphere. Loved all the guests that I met (Nimoy, Browder, Fillion and Glenister), loved meeting loads of people on the stall, loved being really busy as a dealer for the entire weekend, loved being able to pack up the stall in under 20 minutes (parly because dealer access was fantastic and partly because I sold everything).

All in all, loved it :WINCE:

- Burn Gorman! omg how hot is he! LOL! i thought he was really sweet and very friendly and heyy a buffy fan too :D

- Tom Felton such a lovely genuine guy!! and even come out from behind the desk for photos which is always nice!

- The Dealer room - nice and warm lmao which gets my vote right off! and some really great stuff this year, not so much buffy stuff which was disappointing, but lots of torchwood stuff which i loved and even bought an awesome clock :D

- Meeting new people and catching up with sazzzy.....i shared a room with sazzy, gemma and carla who are really awesome and saz introduced us to some awesome ppl inc most of the sarmy! we had a great time bowling and hanging out in whetherspoons :P always nice to meet new people and put faces to names! Plus it will be nice to know a load more people @ hallowhedon :WINCE:

- Roxy!! as a member of her fanclub (lol) which was created this weekend because she is so awesome and really went out of her way to inform us on situations and make every effort to help us! she rocks!

- Oh and Nathan saying he really liked my hair haha! woop!

the main positive was the guests... pretty much fantastic experiences with all of them

Marc Mclure was first and i got BTTF and Superman signed, he noticed i had Margot Kidder already sign that which caused for us to both sing her praises. He happily posed for a photo to.

Then to James Tolkan who i had sign my BTTF, Topgun and Masters of the Universe dvd's, which he seemed genuinely impressed by, as far as i could work out there was quite the demand for MOTU which he found unusual i think. I tried to talk to him but for some reason couldnt get my words out properly which doesnt often happen, (did mention the cold tho, with him and the others)! The guy was a massive part of my youth though so i guess that accounts for me being a little starstruck. Got a great photo with him too.

Then on to Claudia for BTTF who again was lovely, introduced herself and we chatted for a bit, again she posed for a photo, she got up and sat across the table to pose which i saw her do for everyone. Later when i noticed it was blurry and she was quiet i asked if we could retake it and she was fine to do so.

Was talking to the twins while they waited for Claudia and Jeffery to come back from lunch and when Claudia came back she laughed asking if my photo was blurry again, lovely lady

Jefferey Weissman next for the BTTF dvd again and he was a joy again, we chatted for a while about deleted scenes on the dvds and when i mentioned the one on the 3rd movie when Michael J Fox comes on set with Roger Rabbit he found it very funny before telling me Robert Zemeckis has officially started work on Roger Rabbit 2! Best News Ever. He showed me some of the photos he had too. Then when i asked for a photo with him he invited me behind the table so i could be stood infront of the poster and hold the hover board which he was kind enough to do for every one.

Kerri Green after to sign my Goonies dvd which she personalised and added a character name as Ke and Jeff had alread done, she seemed a little tired maybe so wasnt as personable as i had hoped but was ok, i asked for a photo which she didnt mind doing, sadly this is where my only real complaint comes in... her assistant for Saturday said, "the rule is you can have a photo if there is someone behind in the que to take it so i dont have to" thankfully the gentleman behind me didnt mind helping me out but still got my back up a little if im honest.

Leonard Nimoy after lunch and it was brief as expected but he signed Transformers and them my 3 Men and a Baby which he said the title of the movie out loud, looked up with a smile and thanked me for coming as did i to him. Lot more than i had maybe expected and i was pleased with that.

Eddie The Eagle Edwards, amazing guest. He was so nice, so chatty and friendly and all smiles. Its funny because i dont really remember him as a olympic ski jumper from when i was younger but more as tv personality who was always smiling and always entertaining and i couldnt turn down a chance to meet him, especially at a fiver. He was a fantastic guest, i hope a lot more people chose to meet him. He was all smile in our photo too

Sunday i went back for Leonard's photo shoot which was a great experience, i walked in, he shaked my hand and said hello, put his arm over my shoulder and when it was done he thanked me for coming as i left, just a lovely guy.

Got the limited to 100 art print of Galvatron signed later on also which was a bit more rushed than usual but when he looked up and i thanked him he did acknowledge me also.

Met Marc Mclure again too for Supergirl which caused us to speak about Helen Slater for a bit and then he thanked me again for coming back again to meet him, remembering me from the day before. A real class act.

So that is it really, sure i had an issue with the cold to but overall no big problems. Oh, as he was leaving i saw James Tolkan walk passed. He saw me and smiled and waved, remembering me from the day before also, i said thank you again, shook his hand but still struggled like hell to say anything i wanted to. He probably thinks i have some mental problems or somethnig! Ha!

Ok, ive written waaaaaaaaaaaay to much... someone elses turn

My highlights come from two different aspects, First as attendee.

Friday-

*Had time to check put the layout, weather, stalls andso on in preperation for the weeknd.

*Seemed to get round the place pretty quick. Had made a full circut before I realised.

*Asda and Ikea close for alternative food sources.

*Carching up with friends.

Now from behind the desk - AKA Crew

Sat & Sun;

*Having a new venue with the space just for the show and no shoppers to contends with.

*Seeing peoples excitement and joy when they meet the guests.

*Meerting new crew.

As always in general having an awesome time. Thank you SM.

Darth Vader and R2D2 was great though, that R2D2 apparently cost $10,000 to build! :o

I was Darth Vader.....

R2 did cost alot of Bucks. But he's quality... he's owned by a gentleman called Simon who's part of the same costume club as me. here a video of him at home in the kitchen.

Darth Vader and R2D2 was great though, that R2D2 apparently cost $10,000 to build! :o

I was Darth Vader.....

R2 did cost alot of Bucks. But he's quality... he's owned by a gentleman called Simon who's part of the same costume club as me. here a video of him at home in the kitchen.

I was hoping to get a picture of you with the Stormtroopers but never did :D Nice video, I wish I had the money and skill to build my own R2.

I was Darth Vader.....

I loved that R2!

The guy controlling him left me have a hug and a photo with him. :)