Guest cancellation - Patrick Stewart

showmasters

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The writers strike ending has probably had a bit to do with cancellations for some people as they have been called back to work. Maybe not with Patrick in perticular, but Hayden was probably that reason as Heroes was very affected by it.

The writers strike ending has probably had a bit to do with cancellations for some people as they have been called back to work. Maybe not with Patrick in perticular, but Hayden was probably that reason as Heroes was very affected by it.

Heroes does not start filming for another month or two.

We regret to announce that Patrick Stewart has new work committments that mean he will now be unable to attend Collectormania 13. We hope to reschedule his appearance for a later date.

eeek i saved up like 400 pounds mainly to get plenty of patrick stewart auto's this is so sad as he is the first star trek charecter i ever watched

i hope they get some other star trek guests to replace ones cancelled

Hasn't Richard D A been to one before? I'm sure I remember him being listed at least once.

Yes, he has. Not the same type of event though.

Yeah I went too an event that he was in, in the UK, but the only way I can discribe it is buy saying it was more like a 1 day convention, then a signing event..

:blush:

LLAP :P

That saves me asking the question about whether you can have a photo with him or not, I thought it was odd how he was one of the biggest names there if not, the biggest, yet there was no photoshoot anounced for him or does he just not do that kinda thing? I have to admit I've been wondering for a while if he'd really turn up or if something would happen and he'd have to cancel. I had no definite plans to go so this isn't a great disappointment to me, but a photo with him in my photo album wouldn't go amiss next to Brent and Marina :YAHOO:.

He doesn't do photos :lol:

Oh well... no photos, no me :D

I'll stick to photo friendly types like Brent, Marina and Gates... actually I can't meet Marina again now, I've met her 3 times with Midlands and G-Mex, she might start to think I'm following her!

I'm just glad we were told in advnace and not at the last minute when people had already booked flights etc,.

Yes although considering this was annouced a week ago. Patrick is still on the website, which a lot of people will use. I appreciate it has been a busy time for Showmasters, but I do think that they need to make a point of keeping that front page up to date. I appreciate people won't be buying tickets for this event, however as you stated people will still be booking accomadation and making plans.

I'm just glad we were told in advnace and not at the last minute when people had already booked flights etc,.

Yes although considering this was annouced a week ago. Patrick is still on the website, which a lot of people will use. I appreciate it has been a busy time for Showmasters, but I do think that they need to make a point of keeping that front page up to date. I appreciate people won't be buying tickets for this event, however as you stated people will still be booking accomadation and making plans.

I know showmasters are very very busy right now. But i really think this should have been taken down by now. I cant imagine its that big a job. Its very important that they dont advertise guests they dont have.