Guest cancellation - Patrick Stewart

showmasters

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very surprised Patrick is still being advertised on the main site 12 days after he cancelled.

I cannot accept from a professional point of view that everyone is tied up doing this event or that event. It is now past a point where I consider it excusable.

I work on four different websites and know I could take down any photograph I wanted from any of them in 15 seconds tops.

Come on Showmasters. Its things like this that leave you wide open to criticism, especially when Patrick is such a high profile visitor inducing guest.

For the sake of your own integrity, you really need to get this sorted sooner rather than later.

This is quite literally the worst, most appalling thing that has ever happened in the history of humanity. The knock on effects could be massive, millions could be left homeless, fear, famine and pestilance could stalk the land like a...like a great big stalky thing.

So they haven't removed a photo from a website, for God's sake get some perspective!

Edited by Count Fooku

This is quite literally the worst, most appalling thing that has ever happened in the history of humanity. The knock on effects could be massive, millions could be left homeless, fear, famine and pestilance could stalk the land like a...like a great big stalky thing.

So they haven't removed a photo from a website, for God's sake get some perspective!

If I were Patrick Stewart, I know what perspective I'd be getting on my photo being used to advertise an event I wasn't attending or had anything to do with. A nice legal one.

I think within the parameters of Collectormania 13, my perspective is absolutely fine.

If I were Patrick Stewart, I know what perspective I'd be getting on my photo being used to advertise an event I wasn't attending or had anything to do with. A nice legal one.

Well I'm sure SM are eternally grateful that you're not Patrick Stewart then!

You never know, perhaps he already is taking legal action. he might have reunited the cast of LA Law to handle the case for him, Arnie Becker could be rubbing his hands with glee at the case fee as we speak. Honestly, I can see this one going right to the heart of Government. Gordon Brown probably has MI5, MI6, the SAS, the SBS, not to mention Section 31.

For God's sake, run, all of you, while you still can, save yourselves, no ones safe while Patrick Stewart's photograph is still on the front page of Showmasters website. We're all doomed...dooooooooooooooooooooooooomed

Edited by Count Fooku

Well I'm sure SM are eternally grateful that you're not Patrick Stewart then!

You never know, perhaps he already is taking legal action. he might have reunited the cast of LA Law to handle the case for him, Arnie Becker could be rubbing his hands with glee at the case fee as we speak. Honestly, I can see this one going right to the heart of Government. Gordon Brown probably has MI5, MI6, the SAS, the SBS, not to mention Section 31.

For God's sake, run, all of you, while you still can, save yourselves, no ones safe while Patrick Stewart's photograph is still on the front page of Showmasters website. We're all doomed...dooooooooooooooooooooooooomed

Fraser, you stupid boy! :unsure:

I've read things about Stewart that gave the impression he's very touchy about advertising for things he's involved with, or in this case not. Apparently he's got an ego you don't want to mess with.

Maybe showmasters have nothing to gain. I just think its curtisy for those people perhaps planning trips around Patrick coming. There is alot of people that dont come on the forum and only follow updates from that front page.

But WHAT do they gain from this? It's free entry! I could understand your criticisms if it was paid entry and they were "selling tickets on the back of him" or something.

Although you are right that showmasters may not directly benefit from this inaction for example, by way of ticket sales it is still miss representing the show and it's guest line up.

I think at this stage it is much more a question of showmasters intergrity. As I know you are aware there has been a lot of question, particulaly in recent times, as to showmasters honesty and intentions regarding the announcement and cancellation of guests. I think that situations such as this; were a guest has cancelled over 2 weeks prior and yet showmasters, are still activily advertising that guest's appearance and promoting one of their events off the back of this, goes a long way to explaining and re-enforcing those views.

I also beleive as others have mentioned that should a guest / agent realise that they are still being used to promote an event that they have in fact cancelled / withdrawn from, it may well make them harber a resentment to attending this or any future event. Which personnaly, as someone who has never met Patrick Stuart and would very much like to, concerns me.

Edited by Cultman

• Showmasters Admin

the web guy is off as he has had to work none stop for 3 weeks and no time off when he is back it will come of

next

we get noting out of promoting him as a guest

AS IT DOES NOT SAY WHAT DAYS HE IS COMING TO THE SHOW ANYWERE

thats why we do it this way so people coming to the event cheque out what days they are coming to the show closer to the event

so anyone coming for one guest will what till the guest has the days up on the site

so no one can say we are getting anything out of this

jason :wub:

i would also like to point out that a lot of guests that are on the forum and are coming to the show are also not on the front page and that is bad for the show, so can we stop this rumour that we promote guest we do not have and have lost as its all very silly and boring

jason