ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

Neurie

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That assumption has come from the fact that RDMs photo shoot is being pre-sold for Monday.

As far as I'm aware there has been no confirmation of his days.

Ok thanks, I hope he is also going Saturday, but if not I guess there isn't really much I can do about it.

:vader:

LLAP :borg:

Just a quick question, I presume that the on-line shop wil be closing at the end of the week, but will there be any more photo sessions added that we can pre-buy tickets for? Thank you.

At this late stage it's highly doubtful. If any new photo sessions are added, then the tickets will be available to buy at the show.

I KNOW this is probably a stupid and annoying question!!

But I've just read in the faq:

"When will the talks be announced?

Talks are normally announced approx 4 weeks before the event."

But none seem to have been announced. Have I missed an announcement, or are they still coming, or are there simply not going to be any?

I'm sorry for my idiotic questions, but thank you in advance!!

x

But none seem to have been announced. Have I missed an announcement, or are they still coming, or are there simply not going to be any?

x

Nothing announced yet. There have not been talks for the last few Collectormanias. This bit more means "if there's talks, they will be announced about 4 weeks before the show."

x

Nothing announced yet. There have not been talks for the last few Collectormanias. This bit more means "if there's talks, they will be announced about 4 weeks before the show."

I see!! Thanks for the info!:YAHOO:

The photo session times will be announced closer to the show. It could be anytime between 10:30am and 3:30pm really. We have a number of shoots through out the day.

There will be a limit. Probably around 400.

The photo sessions are an "in, hi, arm around or hug, smile, flash, flash, out" affair, so we can get quite a few people through in an hour.

Getting an autograph is the best way to get to say hi and maybe ask a question.

PS: The "flash, flash" bit is the photo(s) being taken, not you and the guest :lol:

I hope John Barrowman's or James Master's photo sessions

wont be 1st coz my daughter & I will be lucky to get to the

centre on Sunday before 10.30am despite leaving home at

the crack of dawn due to train problems from London. :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

The photo session times will be announced closer to the show. It could be anytime between 10:30am and 3:30pm really. We have a number of shoots through out the day.

There will be a limit. Probably around 400.

The photo sessions are an "in, hi, arm around or hug, smile, flash, flash, out" affair, so we can get quite a few people through in an hour.

Getting an autograph is the best way to get to say hi and maybe ask a question.

PS: The "flash, flash" bit is the photo(s) being taken, not you and the guest :o

I hope John Barrowman's or James Master's photo sessions

wont be 1st coz my daughter & I will be lucky to get to the

centre on Sunday before 10.30am despite leaving home at

the crack of dawn due to train problems from London. :D

On Sunday it's unlikely to be that early as the show doesn't open until 10am anyway. We usually like to let the guests get in a signing for at least an hour before running off to a photo shoot. The times will be posted before the show, probably around a week before.

I'm feeling a bit dumb but this is my first convention so I'm not really very clued up on all this but here goes!!

Right the website recommends using the park & ride for the saturday but I know some one who works in Milton Keynes, she says the park & ride is closed right now! r they opening it up for this event then??

And this virtual queuing thing? What if my number is called while I'm having the photoshoot done? As i would dearly like to have the photo signed and possibly an extra auto for my friend?? Sigh...... And if you are in a few VQ's you never know if you might get called at the same time!! Sounds very confusing to me....

• Moderators

You can enter a queue as long as your number is below what is on the queue board .. there's no specific 'time slot' as such for a number :smile:

i.e.

You get ticket number 150 .. you're somewhere else .. as long as the number on the board isn't 149 and below, you're fine :YAHOO:

Right the website recommends using the park & ride for the saturday but I know some one who works in Milton Keynes, she says the park & ride is closed right now! r they opening it up for this event then??

No, the Park & Ride is indeed closed at the moment. They're doing construction work I think.

So how does the parking work then?? I was looking on the MK website and it says on there that most pay & display car parks only allow 5 hours max!! I'm driving down from Derby so it's not as tho I can just go away and come back and was planning on staying the whole day......

• Showmasters Admin

So how does the parking work then?? I was looking on the MK website and it says on there that most pay & display car parks only allow 5 hours max!! I'm driving down from Derby so it's not as tho I can just go away and come back and was planning on staying the whole day......

Some of the machines will only let you buy 5 hours. Most of these are around by the train station etc. They are to try and stop the commuters taking up all the cheaper spaces early in the morning and leaving none for shoppers. As Bob D says don't worry most of the one's up near the centre don't and even if they do, it'll likely only be a 5 minute walk back to your car to put a new ticket on. They don't keep a note of reg numbers so a new ticket will do the job. You can always take the opportunity to drop some things off at your car. We know we all end up buying more things than we meant too :YAHOO:

Best place to park is the theatreland multistorey. You go up to the roundabout by John lewis, swing a right and follow the road down. I forget what the street's called. If I get to MK this next week, I'll let you know. I live about 20 mins down the A5, so MK is my preferred shopping centre!