Shatner's autograph...

theoden_of_rohan

If possible, will you get William Shatner's autograph?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. If possible, will you get William Shatner's autograph?

• Yes
    • Undecided
    • No

I will probably start queuing outside from about 08h00 as I did for Carrie Fisher.

There were probably about 200 people in front of me. They then opened the door

some 30 people behind me (which I didn't see at the time)(and all the other doors too) so all those people behind got to the ticket collection point before me as did people from all other entrances, and I got a ticket in the 900's - she stopped before that number, so I had to do it all over again the next day and thankfully got a ticket number about 360 so was successful.

I hope it is more like with Spike where everyone was lead in through one door only and it was heavily supervised - but it was so annoying having to wait for so many hours outside in a queue just for the ticket (and I was just in the queue to keep the girlfriend company, I didn't want his autograph).

In preference, I would like tickets to be handed out fairly to the queue while they are waiting outside or, if there is some legal reason why you can't give us the tickets outside - although why I don't know 'cause you're not actually selling anything, get the team helpers organised in advance and have one heavily guarded entrance and ticket distributers on either side, and let the queue pick up the tickets as they go through, rather than sending us down some long snaking queue to a more distant point to pick up tickets. and pre-prepare for the rush by having the helpers organised in advance so that ticket issuing can be done early in the morning and not as late as 10am, so that there isn't all that hanging about for hours and the stall holders can have our business from the start of the day.

As he might only end up doing a couple of hours (as his contract, as I understand, has given him the option of choosing when and if he signs) that would seem the fairest way, and the most confortable way, otherwise we might end up having to stand in a queue in possibly bad weather, for several hours, with a negative conclusion.

If he only gets through about 300 and goes, it'll only be the faithful overnight

queuers and maybe those that join them in the very early hours who'll get his signature in the end.

However, I shall remain positive and hopeful and I'm definately going to try to get it.

If he only gets through about 300 and goes, it'll only be the faithful overnight

queuers and maybe those that join them in the very early hours who'll get his signature in the end.

866283[/snapback]

I can't see this happening to be honest. Reason being that SM have to get a return on their investment. Lets say he is £25 a shot. Average 2 items per person, that 600 x £25 = £15000. Now, you can bet that William Shatner is going to charge a lot more than £15k for an appearance, so SM wouldn't even break even.

866283[/snapback]

I can't see this happening to be honest. Reason being that SM have to get a return on their investment. Lets say he is £25 a shot. Average 2 items per person, that 600 x £25 = £15000. Now, you can bet that William Shatner is going to charge a lot more than £15k for an appearance, so SM wouldn't even break even.

866331[/snapback]

Although SM are going to want to make money on the Shatner, and will keep him there as long as they can (obviously), I am led to believe (and this is a common business practice) that SM will make a lot of money on other Star Trek guests that are appearing. Customers will come to see Shatner, and these customers will then (hopefully!) be cashing in on the other Trek guests to accompany their Shatner signatures.

So in a sense, having Shatner appear is going to boost sales of other guests, and that is where the money is made!

Edited by Rockybalboa

Although SM are going to want to make money on the Shatner, and will keep him there as long as they can (obviously), I am led to believe (and this is a common business practice) that SM will make a lot of money on other Star Trek guests that are appearing. Customers will come to see Shatner, and these customers will then (hopefully!) be cashing in on the other Trek guests to accompany their Shatner signatures.

So in a sense, having Shatner appear is going to boost sales of other guests, and that is where the money is made!

866340[/snapback]

I was only going to get Majel`s auto and then they announced William Shatner so I figure I will try to get his, but then I am known for being "different" but I prefer to think of myself as "obscure". :lol: