OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Hello everyone.

Just ordered my ticket for GMEX2 so thought I would introduce myself.

Im Gareth (27) from Bromsgrove, Worcestershire. Have been to a few Collectormanias and the last LF&CC so one or two of you may recognise me.

My main interests are Star Wars, Buffy and LOTR but I like most genre stuff. Also getting into comicbooks a bit more and also anime/manga. Would like to get into costuming too but can't decide on a costume. Would like a stormtrooper costume but 18 yrs of playing rugby means im a bit stocky to fit in one ('aren't you a bit fat for a stormtrooper').

Be good to hear from any of you on here from the West Mids/Worcs area; I don't know any local geeks ;-)

Anyway I don't seem to be able to load a pic on here so you can check me out here....

www.myspace.com/Interceptor79uk

www.faceparty.com/gwill22567

Cheers G

Edited by gobo1979uk
  • Like 1

Considering I haven't been on for weeks/months it's only fair I refresh everyones memory of my identidy/existence.

My name is Ben Clements, Im 19 Years old, From Stevenage or Nottingham... either or.

I've been attending the shows since C4, crewing since C5, and will continue to crew untill i receive my redundancy money.

My love for films range from Lord of the Rings to American History X. Throw a bit of Pulp Fiction & Love Actually in their too. I'm also keen on Lost and The OC.

I'm a proud Uncle and I value my family & friends highly.

I like to consider myself a very honest person, sometimes brutually honest, and on the rare occasion I've been honest to the wrong people, which has caused upset, sorry.

I can't wait to see you all again, Collectormania 10 was by far the worst show for me emotionally which ruined my weekend so I'm geared up for GMEX and looking forward to a good drinking session with loads of laughter.

See you all Soon! :unsure:

myspace: BigBebny

hotmail: benclementz@hotmail.com

DSCN0505.jpg

Hey! my name is Vicki and im quite new on here. was just speaking to Aspen on games and was told to come introduce myself!! im 21 and from liverpool! Have just finished uni and am now a qualified teacher - havent got a job yet though am gonna start looking for next september.

My first con was gmex1 and then c9 and i really love them. they have a great atmosphere and everyone is so friendly

My main interests are LOTR, Harry Potter and Stargate

Having a problem getting any photos to load up so pics on this link

http://vicki-sue.bebo.com

Hullo.

I am Nathan, i'm 26, and up until 2 years ago, i'd not been to a convention since 1997, then I up and flew to the US for Celebration III in Indianapolis. Since coming back, i've been to every Collectormania event in Milton Keynes and Manchester, and went to the LFACC this past summer as well, and even managed to get into a pub round the corner and not miss any of the Portugal game...for what it was worth!

I work in IT in Service Management, which i've pretty much done since i graduated Uni in 2001 other than a brief stint 'on the phones'. I live in York, and have done since i was 7, not including 3 years in Leicester where i was at Uni, but work has me travelling quite a bit, so i'm often over in the North West or down in London (often = every week).

I've been into sci-fi for as long as I can remember, and pretty much enjoy it all. Mainly into Star Trek and Star Wars but Stargate and Battlestar Gallactica are currently filling the void for me very nicely indeed!

I'm also a bit of a roleplayer (whichever kind your imagination dreams up) and am (for my sins) an ardent Tottenham Hotspur fan.

This is me (consider it a place holder till i get home and get a more recent photo uploaded)

NathanDanielLoganSmaller.jpg

Nathan :yoda:

edit: Sorry, the young whipper-snapper picture had to go, and well, i have this one on my PC and it seems 'topical'

Edited by Ven Halcyon

*waves*

A newbie here. Never been to a showmasters event before and I'm Crewing at GMEX2 *glutton for punishment*

So... My name is Gerri and I'm from a small town called Darwen 45 mins away from Manchester.

raceforlife.jpg

I work in Manchester so if anyone need pointing in the direction of a decent bar or place to eat then I'm your girl :smile:

I met a few Showmasters regulars on the Friday night at GMEX1 in Feb but you'll have to excuse me if I don't remember many names. Yvie is supposed to be keeping an eye on me, but just in case there are any hot boys around to distract her I'm putting out a general plea for the rest of you to look after me too :lol:

Yvie is supposed to be keeping an eye on me, but just in case there are any hot boys around to distract her I'm putting out a general plea for the rest of you to look after me too ;)

How rude :D

I like hot men too ;)

I'm bored. And can't be bothered to move. I'm trying to watch Spirited Away before Tash decides to kill me. I WILL DO IT. :poki:

My name is Tara, I'm 24 and live in Milton Keynes and Barnet cos MK companies HATE ME.

I work at Earls Court Exhibition Centre - its a very bloody cold building!!!

I love Lego quite a lot. And cats, love cats. I have FOUR. Always need more, if you're stuck for Christmas present ideas. I'M JOKING! Not only would my mum cut my throat if I got another, its costs us lots of money for the honour of having one in this stupid MK house!

We have fish and Davey has a snake! :firedevil:

I'm obsessed with Leonardo DiCaprio and possibly Christian Bale :wub:

Fave films are A Matter of Life and Death, The Lion King, Gladiator, Ghostbusters, Empire of the Sun, Fight Club, Se7en, A Nightmare Before Christmas, The Usual Suspects, Reservoir Dogs etc

Um ... I first got drunk when I was 4 and I'm a 'plastic Paddy' apparently.

Image2-1.jpg

Me and Davey - had to cut out naughty Kayla :WINCE:

Myspace Page

Well since I'm bored and other people are I figure I might as well too!!! lol

Hi, my name is Sharon, I'm 30 and live in London. I am a "resting actress" and temping in the marketing department of Coca-Cola. I have lot's of passions and they change quite regularly with the main ones being horse-riding, singing, dancing and my friends!

I think I am loyal, and friendly and I try to be nice but sometimes there are moments when all the good will in the world dissapears!lololol

I can't actually think of anything else to say and I don't have a picture..........

Nice to meet you all!!!!

XX

Yup, I'm one of those newbies. Unfortunately, I couldn't register on the forums before Gmex, so here I am now :)

I'm 18, female and I live in Liverpool. Following a brief sojurn in university, I decided to take a gap year, and I am currently working in a solictor's office. I sound incredibly boring so far, so here's the fun bit...

My fave films are Lord of the Rings, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Labyrinth, Star Wars (originals), V for Vendetta and The Dark Crystal. Potterwise, I'm more of a book fan, but that doesn't stop me from admiring the pretty in the films (such as Robert Pattinson :YAHOO: ). And as for manga... well... I'm a Kenshin girl through and through :D

I'm a literature junkie, I have a gorgeous dog (a Newfoundland), I love Pocky and I'm a subscriber to Empire.

Oh. Yes. My livejournal is my life. http://the-undeadbride.livejournal.com/profile

CNV00017.jpg

Me.