General Chat

9 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

All I can say is I want a redo of my meeting with Jeremy Renner!!

Had a lot of laughter during Judge's talk :lol:

Jeremy Renner :wub: we remember things being far worse than they are, I'm sure your meeting with him went better than you realise x

1 minute ago, Broo said:

Jeremy Renner :wub: we remember things being far worse than they are, I'm sure your meeting with him went better than you realise x

So easy to think you mess things up or you should have done this and that and all the thoughts that goes through your mind before a photo op, just to make sure you look the way you want, it is a one shot chance so alot on the line.

1 hour ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I've never asked a question at a talk. I can barely talk to the guest when I meet them :WINCE:

Same, I find the idea of standing up and publicly asking a question to your idols in an auditorium full of people very anxiety inducing :WINCE: I usually prepare something to say at the signing sessions, but yeah in the moment it’s quite difficult to say all the thing you’d like to tell them :sad: Still, seeing your favourite guests in person and just shaking hands is a very special experience already :D

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

These are non Con moments. At lfcc last year it was much faster. It is a different matter meeting on set or after a preformance.

It all depends on how big the actor is, though. Meeting David Tennant at the stage door was crazy, probably more chaotic and rushed than LFCC or other conventions, dozens of people trying to get his auto, pressing and pushing from every side :o A very memorable and adrenaline-filled experience nevertheless, but I hope I’ll be able to meet him at a calmer event one day :mellow:

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

I have a feeling there’s going to be a guest announcement this week!

Fingers crossed! :lol:

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Me too, bedtime and all that jazz

Pff, sleep is for the weak -_-:P

4 hours ago, Broo said:

4 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

So easy to think you mess things up or you should have done this and that and all the thoughts that goes through your mind before a photo op, just to make sure you look the way you want, it is a one shot chance so alot on the line.

I didn't manage to say a single word when he talked to me :( My brain just went "He's talking to me!!" and froze completely...

5 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

It all depends on how big the actor is, though. Meeting David Tennant at the stage door was crazy, probably more chaotic and rushed than LFCC or other conventions, dozens of people trying to get his auto, pressing and pushing from every side :o A very memorable and adrenaline-filled experience nevertheless, but I hope I’ll be able to meet him at a calmer event one day :mellow:

Dont worry, she is pretty big so that is not the reason. But in my case it had to do alot with the situation, abit of pre-planning and such. A long story.

The point being in some cases you can get lucky and get more time than at conventions.

8 hours ago, The_batflash123 said:

Am I still on time to show my cute little doggo? :rolleyes: We also had a cat but we haven't seen him for a few weeks now :(

Yjcy1mj.jpg?2

Your dog is lovely bat, and yeah, I hope your kitty returns soon.  Lost pets are stressful.

7 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Both of those are me when meeting a guest :WINCE:

The first time I met RDA I was the same.  It was his first event in decades after refusing to do them so it was a huge, huge deal for him to be there.  We were asked to submit questions in advance as they were vetting them and you would learn when you collected your pack on arrival if your question had been selected.  I remember deliberately sending in a generic non SG1 question as I thought it would stand more chance.  Lo and behold when I collected my pack it had a little sticker on that I could see that wasn't on most of the others so I started getting nervous and upon opening it I did see that my question had been chosen.  In the talk I started getting shakier and shakier and when it came time to ask mine, I stood up, managed in what was probably a very shaky voice to blurt it out whilst trembling my socks off, managed to sit down without falling over and promptly blanked it all through stress :D

7 hours ago, Broo said:

Indeed.  Because it's such a big deal for us every little thing gets magnified, but the reality is, unless you do something unfortunate like punch them the guest isn't going to remember a single thing most of the time.  And obviously I don't recommend that you punch them in order to make yourself memorable.  Don't be a Sheldon and proudly show people your collection of restraining orders from your hero's :lol:  I still cringe about 2 of my Cumbermeetings.  And no, it's not because I got a restraining order from them :whistling:

5 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

Yeah stage door is generally not a good place for quality interaction with the big names unless you are very lucky.  My Martin Freeman meeting was very good as it was calm and didn't feel rushed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Because it's such a big deal for us every little thing gets magnified, but the reality is, unless you do something unfortunate like punch them the guest isn't going to remember a single thing most of the time.

Oi, she punched me first. Stupid Natalie Dormer.

• Like 1

The first time I met RDA I was the same.  It was his first event in decades after refusing to do them so it was a huge, huge deal for him to be there.  We were asked to submit questions in advance as they were vetting them and you would learn when you collected your pack on arrival if your question had been selected.  I remember deliberately sending in a generic non SG1 question as I thought it would stand more chance.  Lo and behold when I collected my pack it had a little sticker on that I could see that wasn't on most of the others so I started getting nervous and upon opening it I did see that my question had been chosen.  In the talk I started getting shakier and shakier and when it came time to ask mine, I stood up, managed in what was probably a very shaky voice to blurt it out whilst trembling my socks off, managed to sit down without falling over and promptly blanked it all through stress :D

See now i have to ask, what was the question? :) that's really awesome you got chosen to ask something though, terrifying and stressful, but very awesome :)

Indeed.  Because it's such a big deal for us every little thing gets magnified, but the reality is, unless you do something unfortunate like punch them the guest isn't going to remember a single thing most of the time.

This is what I tell myself!! They meet hundreds or more folks over the course of an event so it's extremely unlikely they will remember specifics of your meeting with them - if even that - beyond the event itself so if you feel like you embarrassed yourself meeting them, channel your inner Bill Murray and Groundhog Day your next time meeting them ;)

13 minutes ago, Broo said:

See now i have to ask, what was the question? :) that's really awesome you got chosen to ask something though, terrifying and stressful, but very awesome :)

This is what I tell myself!! They meet hundreds or more folks over the course of an event so it's extremely unlikely they will remember specifics of your meeting with them - if even that - beyond the event itself so if you feel like you embarrassed yourself meeting them, channel your inner Bill Murray and Groundhog Day your next time meeting them ;)

IIRC it was something bland like 'If you could change one thing to benefit the world/environment what would it be' I can't tell you what they said as I was in post question meltdown and remember nothing.

11 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

So the rumour's true, then? You did get one? ;)

I would have photographed and posted it if I had :whistling:

• Like 1