General Chat

1 hour ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I look through my album of autographs and photos not that long ago. Lots of memories ^_^

I looked through mine today actually! Never fails to make you smile does it :)

Edited by Broo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I did not take too many photos last time, sometimes tend to forget to do it. At a different con in London in 2016 I was more active and probably took more than needed. I am going take a few more this year.

Oh my, I always take too many pictures at the talks, I select burst mode on my camera and just shoot away :D Not all of them turn out to be good, but I can still have some photos as a memento without focusing too much on camera settings and also enjoy the panel at the same time :lol:

I should take more photos of cosplayers too, though :o Some of the costumes people create are amazing and I know they’re usually happy when other fans appreciate them, but I always feel a bit awkward asking for a picture :WINCE:

1 minute ago, Nerd Who said:

Oh my, I always take too many pictures at the talks, I select burst mode on my camera and just shoot away :D Not all of them turn out to be good, but I can still have some photos as a memento without focusing too much on camera settings and also enjoy the panel at the same time :lol:

I should take more photos of cosplayers too, though :o Some of the costumes people create are amazing and I know they’re usually happy when other fans appreciate them, but I always feel a bit awkward asking for a picture :WINCE:

That is what is good with cameras today, can take a huge amount and then sort what can be saved. As of now, I wont be doing any talks this year so there wont be any there. I might actually take the chance to take good photos of everything happening in and around the con itself.

• Like 1

@Nerd Who last year was my mum's first experience with anything convention related and I lost count how many folks she asked to take their photos she was blown away by it all and literally every person asked was really happy to have their pic taken and to talk about their outfit :)

• Like 2

@Chris1970 with Natalie Dormer as your Jane :)

Honestly I have huge respect for folks who cosplay at these events, for many reasons but one is as you mention because of how hot it gets. Queuing up on the Saturday morning I saw folks dressed in heavy robes etc and I was dying in a summer dress...

1 minute ago, Broo said:

@Chris1970 with Natalie Dormer as your Jane :)

Honestly I have huge respect for folks who cosplay at these events, for many reasons but one is as you mention because of how hot it gets. Queuing up on the Saturday morning I saw folks dressed in heavy robes etc and I was dying in a summer dress...

Yum.. :wub: Hm, order in the classroom!

I do too, especially to all those poor chewbaccas sweating away. They must love saunas. I am even looking trough for the best to wear, I know cotton cools of and so does linen. I will most likely do what I did last year, multipocket shorts and t-shirt, and pack a change in my backpack.

12 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Chris could do one of those video's teens do to their stars asking them to go to prom :thumbup:  Just a 40+ version rather than 16 :lol:

Right.. send a video of 40+ me to her asking will you be my cosplay Jane at lfcc while I run around in camouflage trunks carrying you.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

@Chris1970, you need to convince Natalie to be your Jane! Would love to see that :D

I might do a Kaylee cosplay for my photo with Jewel, but will not be wearing it for the rest of the day. It gets so hot in the venue during the con and I can't handle heat at all.

What are we talking about? An hour at the most. And if it is a cooler maybe rainy day it would make it easier. I think you should do it. Will put a smile on her face. ^_^

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:
1 hour ago, VikingGrrrl said:

@Chris1970, you need to convince Natalie to be your Jane! Would love to see that :D

I might do a Kaylee cosplay for my photo with Jewel, but will not be wearing it for the rest of the day. It gets so hot in the venue during the con and I can't handle heat at all.

What are we talking about? An hour at the most. And if it is a cooler maybe rainy day it would make it easier. I think you should do it. Will put a smile on her face. ^_^

This might be cooler than the traditional overalls. Get some air to the undercarriage.

kaylee_mal_shindig.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Need this at lfcc :D

giphy.gif

My posters, my posters are melting!

25 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

That dude next to her doesnt look too thrilled. 

Nathan Fillion :lol:  One of the most asked for guests.  I got him for Captain Hammer at Collectormania a looong time ago.

30 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

That dude next to her doesnt look too thrilled. 

She's feeling nicely cool in her dress, he's feeling hot n stuffy in his suit. Think he's got dress envy ;)

Edited by Broo

20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

My posters, my posters are melting!

Nathan Fillion :lol:  One of the most asked for guests.  I got him for Captain Hammer at Collectormania a looong time ago.

I had to check who that is, imagine! Then when I saw he was in Castle.. then I remember. :blink:

• Haha 2