New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

Hi.sorry I know this is a silly question but under authors tom and Giovanni Fletcher are down to be appearing.what will they be doing there will they be signing there new book/doing a talk?I am desperate to meet them both.x

Hi.sorry I know this is a silly question but under authors tom and Giovanni Fletcher are down to be appearing.what will they be doing there will they be signing there new book/doing a talk?I am desperate to meet them both.x

3 hours ago, Lisa271 said:

Hi Lisa,

So they will be appearing in the YALC (Young Adult Literature Convention) area of LFCC, which means they will indeed be signing their book. A recent facebook post specified that they will only be signing this book, no CDs or anything. This post also stated that they will be operating under the VQ system. So if you want to meet them, don't forget to pick up your VQ ticket. It's worth bearing in mind that LFCC offer a YALC ticket option, which gets you early entry into YALC (but slightly later lfcc entry). So assuming Tom's VQ system works the same as regular LFCC, this might be your best ticket option if these guests are your priority.

Also, I've only been up to YALC twice, but I believe the authors sign during certain timeslots (as opposed to lfcc where they are almost always out). These will be released in a schedule closer to the time.

YALC guests do have talks, but these take place in the YALC area of the con. Again, times for these will be released in a schedule closer to the time. 

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Also, I've only been up to YALC twice, but I believe the authors sign during certain timeslots (as opposed to lfcc where they are almost always out). These will be released in a schedule closer to the time.

Hope this helps!

That is correct, the authors aren't usually at the desk all day and will have a signing session/

Hello! :lol:

I have a few questions as this year will be my first LFCC, so I hope it's okay to post them here. (I'm completely new to forums so I don't really understand how they work) I did have a little read around to see if they'd already been answered and from what I saw I couldn't find them all so please excuse me if they have been answered. 

First, I have a diamond pass for Tom Welling on Saturday, I have been emailed my entry tickets, but not my diamond pass, do they post it to me?

Second, As my diamond pass says I have entry to Tom's panel talk is there a certain time I need to get to the room to make sure I have a good seat? 

Lastly, Does anyone know if there are vendors there that sell Funko Pops? Mainly Forbidden Planet International? 

Thank you kindly in advance for your response :wub:

7 minutes ago, KatStev said:

I have a few questions as this year will be my first LFCC, so I hope it's okay to post them here. (I'm completely new to forums so I don't really understand how they work) I did have a little read around to see if they'd already been answered and from what I saw I couldn't find them all so please excuse me if they have been answered. 

First, I have a diamond pass for Tom Welling on Saturday, I have been emailed my entry tickets, but not my diamond pass, do they post it to me?

Second, As my diamond pass says I have entry to Tom's panel talk is there a certain time I need to get to the room to make sure I have a good seat? 

Lastly, Does anyone know if there are vendors there that sell Funko Pops? Mainly Forbidden Planet International? 

Hi KatStev, welcome and you will pick it all up in no time.

Your Diamond pass you collect at the event.  collection details haven't been confirmed yet but last year there was a table in the entry hall and they also had a collection point on the Thursday evening.  You need to print off your Eticket or present it on your phone.

Schedules showing all the photo sessions and talks will be released about a week before the event though remember to check for updates as it can change due to cancellations/additions ect

There will be loads of stalls with Funko's.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KatStev said:

I forgot to add for clarification that Tom's diamond pass is not day specific and events can take place over the whole weekend.  I presume you have picked Saturday for your photo and the talk is Saturday as well - the only other thing is that auto's are called in pass number order and if you have a high number you may not be called until Sunday.  It's unlikely as Tom is there 3 days and his pass hasn't sold out so I'm guessing you will be able to go through on Saturday, it's just something to bear in mind.  Your pass number will be on the physical pass when you collect it, you won't know what number you are until then.

With regard to the photo shoot, Diamond pass holders are called first but you don't have to go then if you don't want to as you can go through any time after you have been called (Whilst the session is still running obviously)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I forgot to add for clarification that Tom's diamond pass is not day specific and events can take place over the whole weekend.  I presume you have picked Saturday for your photo and the talk is Saturday as well - the only other thing is that auto's are called in pass number order and if you have a high number you may not be called until Sunday.  It's unlikely as Tom is there 3 days and his pass hasn't sold out so I'm guessing you will be able to go through on Saturday, it's just something to bear in mind.  Your pass number will be on the physical pass when you collect it, you won't know what number you are until then.

With regard to the photo shoot, Diamond pass holders are called first but you don't have to go then if you don't want to as you can go through any time after you have been called (Whilst the session is still running obviously)

Thank you so much. Makes sense now! :D

Just now, KatStev said:

Thank you so much. Makes sense now! :D

Also in addition, I should have mentioned that when you purchased the Diamond you should have received it as an Eticket, just like you did with your entry tickets.  If you didn't check your Eventbrite account as the tickets for all your purchases are there.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Also in addition, I should have mentioned that when you purchased the Diamond you should have received it as an Eticket, just like you did with your entry tickets.  If you didn't check your Eventbrite account as the tickets for all your purchases are there.

I think maybe there's just been a delay with the email as I initially only purchased a photoshoot and then upgraded to diamond. I haven't the email but the tickets are in my eventbrite as I've just checked so thank you for that once again (: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KatStev said:

Re: the talk I think Diamond Passes have their own seats at the front of the room, so even if you arrive late you will not be too far in the back. Anyone who has had a Diamond Pass before, correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

Re: the talk I think Diamond Passes have their own seats at the front of the room, so even if you arrive late you will not be too far in the back. Anyone who has had a Diamond Pass before, correct me if I am wrong.

I had heard this from somewhere but I haven't had it confirmed yet. If it is the case I may cry from excitement. Tom has been the only celebrity I've ever wanted to meet so meeting him and then being so close to see him speak, I can't imagine! Thank you! 

32 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

27 minutes ago, KatStev said:

I had heard this from somewhere but I haven't had it confirmed yet. If it is the case I may cry from excitement. Tom has been the only celebrity I've ever wanted to meet so meeting him and then being so close to see him speak, I can't imagine! Thank you! 

Technically you are wrongish I'm afraid.  Diamonds are let in first and have access to the front rows but seats aren't roped off or held, so if general entry are let in and you haven't arrived for the talk a seat won't be held open I'm afraid.  You will need to just find an open seat at that point.

I did miss the question about seating, I'm not doing very well today.  There's no rush to be there, as long as you are there before they let people in and join the diamonds (show the crew so you can go to the front of the general ticket holders) then you will be in the front of the room - you may still be several rows back, but you will be in the front section.  If you want to be in the front row, that's hard as you would need to be queuing from when the previous talk goes in to ensure it, however you may not be allowed as they don't like too many people hanging around for ages as it fills the area up.

Edited by Raylenth

24 minutes ago, KatStev said:

If you want to be front row centre you will have to start queuing for the talk quite early as there will be a fair few Tom stans after the prime positions. I think the earliest a queue is allowed to form is after the previous talk has started. There will probably be three queues for Tom, 1 for DPs, one for Gold Pass holders and one general. Make sure you check you're in the right one (it can get confusing).

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Technically you are wrongish I'm afraid.  Diamonds are let in first and have access to the front rows but seats aren't roped off or held, so if general entry are let in and you haven't arrived for the talk a seat won't be held open I'm afraid.  You will need to just find an open seat at that point.

I did miss the question about seating, I'm not doing very well today.  There's no rush to be there, as long as you are there before they let people in and join the diamonds (show the crew so you can go to the front of the general ticket holders) then you will be in the front of the room - you may still be several rows back, but you will be in the front section.  If you want to be in the front row, that's hard as you would need to be queuing from when the previous talk goes in to ensure it, however you may not be allowed as they don't like too many people hanging around for ages as it fills the area up.

I stand corrected.

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

If you want to be front row centre you will have to start queuing for the talk quite early as there will be a fair few Tom stans after the prime positions. I think the earliest a queue is allowed to form is after the previous talk has started. There will probably be three queues for Tom, 1 for DPs, one for Gold Pass holders and one general. Make sure you check you're in the right one (it can get confusing).

Tom Stans?  Are people called Tom Stan the only ones allowed in?

• Haha 2