New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

9 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Haha! Far from it, but Tyrion is the one with the best lines in GoT, pity he is a Lannister. :mellow:

Love Tyrion's lines! I have a bottle with "That's what I do: I drink and I know things" written on it, which I am bringing to the Con!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whitewillow said:

Love Tyrion's lines! I have a bottle with "That's what I do: I drink and I know things" written on it, which I am bringing to the Con!

I have a T-shirt with a print of what he says in the gif above.. I will only bring that if Mr. Dinkelage would come to LFCC, that will be my quickest bought DP since Natalie Dormer, but not as quick. B) 

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

So, I was thinking earlier (not something I do often!) Most of what I'm thinking of getting signed at LFCC are books. Do we think sharpies will be a safe bet, or biros? I remember from meeting Natalia Tena a few years ago that she preferred signing HP books in biro so the ink didn't run, and I was wondering, is that the better option? Many thanks!

3 minutes ago, TheLocalWizard said:

So, I was thinking earlier (not something I do often!) Most of what I'm thinking of getting signed at LFCC are books. Do we think sharpies will be a safe bet, or biros? I remember from meeting Natalia Tena a few years ago that she preferred signing HP books in biro so the ink didn't run, and I was wondering, is that the better option? Many thanks!

Either are fine Wizard.  I've had book signed in sharpie before and they are ok.  As long as they don't leave the nib on the paper for long there wasn't any bleed.  Go with biro if you want to be safe though.

Edited by Raylenth

Just now, TheLocalWizard said:

Cheers Raylenth! 

I've amended it a bit - I thought I had some pics of one's I'd had done with Sharpie but they aren't in my photo album so I'll have to have a look when I get home.

So I have read all the advice and info in this thread, though I may need to read through again as it is a lot to remember. :lol: 

My first ever Comic Con. And I'm going on my own, so I am just a little nervous! I am a stickler for being super organised for these things so I want to be fully prepared for every eventuality. 

I have got a good general idea of how the Diamond Pass works. How to collect the autos and how the photo ops work. So I am going on the Friday first, then my Tom Welling Diamond Pass stuff is for the Saturday. I have bought entry tickets for both days. Will I be able to collect my Diamond Pass on the Friday? I intend to go for extra autos on the Friday, is there a limit on how many I can buy with any guest? I might also purchase an extra photo op for the Friday. Currently, I am only there to meet Tom, but it would be cool to meet some other guests too. Since I am there. ^_^

That is my two questions for now. ;)

You should be able to collect the pass on Friday.

For most guests (especially VQ guests), there’s a limit of 5 autographs. This helps to allow as many fans as possible to meet the guests.

Also, if you only plan to meet Tom Welling, it’s a good idea to have a backup plan (which I see you are considering with extra autographs and photoshoots) in the unlikely event Mr Welling cancels. Showmasters won’t refund entry tickets on the grounds of any guests cancelling, but the Diamond Pass will be refunded if this happens.

Oh good, collecting the pass on Friday is great :coolthumb:

Ok, that seems fair. 5 Autos is enough. I want to be able to get some for a couple of special friends of mine who are massive Tom Welling fans and have yet to have the opportunity to meet him themselves. So I will be doing that on the Friday. Then I will get mine on the Saturday. 

Yes, I always like to have a back up plan in place. Which is why I decided to attend on the Friday as well as the Saturday. Completely understand the non refund policy on the entry tickets with a guest cancelling. They're not expensive. Good to know they will refund the Diamond Pass in the unlikely event of him cancelling. I've booked my hotel at the Premier Inn and chose the flex rate, and chose to pay on the day of my arrival, which is another good thing, so that if it does happen I won't have lost a large amount of money there either. ^_^

I know I have more questions burning, but I can't think of them right now. :lol: Thanks for your help!

4 minutes ago, Liv said:

Ok, that seems fair. 5 Autos is enough. I want to be able to get some for a couple of special friends of mine who are massive Tom Welling fans and have yet to have the opportunity to meet him themselves. So I will be doing that on the Friday. Then I will get mine on the Saturday. 

Yes, I always like to have a back up plan in place. Which is why I decided to attend on the Friday as well as the Saturday. Completely understand the non refund policy on the entry tickets with a guest cancelling. They're not expensive. Good to know they will refund the Diamond Pass in the unlikely event of him cancelling. I've booked my hotel at the Premier Inn and chose the flex rate, and chose to pay on the day of my arrival, which is another good thing, so that if it does happen I won't have lost a large amount of money there either. ^_^

I know I have more questions burning, but I can't think of them right now. :lol: Thanks for your help!

What other guests than Mr. Welling is of interest to you, if you dont mind me asking?

27 minutes ago, Liv said:

Just remember that you need to get a VQ ticket for his autos on Friday then and use your diamond pass on Saturday for your auto then.

5 hours ago, TheLocalWizard said:

I've had a look at the signed books I have easy access to Wizard and I've had sharpies sign brochure type pages and normal fibre book pages and both are fine.  If you want to go for a compromise, I also have one signed with a black gel pen and I think it looks really nice.  The lines are finer than what you get with a sharpie so it's a bit more striking IMO, and the black gel ink is sharper and stands out more than biro ink.

1 hour ago, Liv said:

52 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Just remember that you need to get a VQ ticket for his autos on Friday then and use your diamond pass on Saturday for your auto then.

I was just about to say so well spotted Viking :lol:

• Like 1

I totally read up on the VQ thing, so don't worry. :coolthumb: And I'll re-read it over and over so it's ingrained in my mind and I know exactly what to do. :P VQ for Friday, Diamond Saturday. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Liv said:

I totally read up on the VQ thing, so don't worry. :coolthumb: And I'll re-read it over and over so it's ingrained in my mind and I know exactly what to do. :P VQ for Friday, Diamond Saturday. 

And Sunday?? :lol:

• Haha 1

Sadly, no, I can't stretch another night's hotel fees for staying on Sunday. I plan to go home then. But I guess there's no harm in getting a Sunday entry ticket, get even more autos and photos and then not travel home till later in the evening.:o I'll see how it goes. Train times and all that. For now I'm content with just Friday and Saturday. ^_^

9 hours ago, Liv said:

Sadly, no, I can't stretch another night's hotel fees for staying on Sunday. I plan to go home then. But I guess there's no harm in getting a Sunday entry ticket, get even more autos and photos and then not travel home till later in the evening.:o I'll see how it goes. Train times and all that. For now I'm content with just Friday and Saturday. ^_^

Whatever you do you will have a wonderful time. If you have any questions while you are at the con look up any of the wonderful crew (cant miss them, they wear special SM t-shirts) and they will help you. 

Edited by Chris1970