New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

58 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Please clarify this also. It isn't going to help much because I won't be abe to get upstairs in any kind of timely manner. My sister can run upstairs but can she collect two virtual queue tickets? I assume there's some sort of limit which means I won't be able to get them for any of the big guests.

Queen will update us as soon as she can Ella so hopefully we will have clarification soon.  However with regards to the VQ tickets your sister can collect 2 but not at the same time so she needs to take one and re-queue for the second - what that means in practicality though is if she just waits for a moment before she asks for another that is usually OK.

Hi

i have a diamond pass (first time ever) - does this allow early entry to the event on the Sunday? (I’ve already Bought standard Sunday day entry ticket)

is the diamond ticket sent via eticket for me just to show at the entrance or where do I go to collect?

on the persons diamond it says “exclusive print” included, what is that please?

anything else I need to know of how the Diamond works please?

thanks for your time guys :) #excited

“i have a diamond pass (first time ever) - does this allow early entry to the event on the Sunday? (I’ve already Bought standard Sunday day entry ticket)”

No. You need a Gold Pass for early entry which includes all 3 days.

“is the diamond ticket sent via eticket for me just to show at the entrance or where do I go to collect?”

Yes but you’ll need to use the relevant app or print it out. For pass collection (the dog tag you’ll need to meet the guest), there’s usually a designated area in the standard entry zone during the event as well as collection from the Gold Pass entry zone on the Thursday afternoon. These are announced/confirmed nearer the time.

The dog tag is a plastic card that you can wear with a lanyard. You show this to the crew members upon entering the autograph (when your nunber is displayed), photoshoot (on the day you chose) and talk queues. You’ll be let in and the autograph and photoshoot tabs are hole-punched to indicate you have received these.

“on the persons diamond it says “exclusive print” included, what is that please?”

Usually an A3 sized poster printed on matt quality photo paper.

“anything else I need to know of how the Diamond works please?”

As explained on the ticket page, you join the queue before the VQ ticket numbers, you enter the photoshoots before the Gold Pass and standard ticket holders, if there’s a talk you get to sit in the front row area, you get a dog tag which is your pass, and you may get some extra goodies.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

“i have a diamond pass (first time ever) - does this allow early entry to the event on the Sunday? (I’ve already Bought standard Sunday day entry ticket)”

No. You need a Gold Pass for early entry which includes all 3 days.

I'll only add to this that whilst Sebster is correct, if you want early entry the Gold does get you in earlier than the Standard ticket, it's only 5 minutes earlier so the standard ticket you already have is fine if you are just going for the Diamond guest you have the pass for, no need to upgrade to Gold.  Gold passes are generally for if you want to do loads of guests,  Standard entry gets you in at opening time.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

I'll only add to this that whilst Sebster is correct, if you want early entry the Gold does get you in earlier than the Standard ticket, it's only 5 minutes earlier so the standard ticket you already have is fine if you are just going for the Diamond guest you have the pass for, no need to upgrade to Gold.  Gold passes are generally for if you want to do loads of guests,  Standard entry gets you in at opening time.

If you want to meet loads of guests its also a tip to go all three days I find..;)

45 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

If you want to meet loads of guests its also a tip to go all three days I find..;)

True, with three days you cant go wrong. DP you make sure you get both photo and auto. And going all three you wont miss out on anything, plus gives you more time to plan photos and autos.

On 23.3.2018 at 10:48 AM, EllaBlair said:

Please clarify this also. It isn't going to help much because I won't be abe to get upstairs in any kind of timely manner. My sister can run upstairs but can she collect two virtual queue tickets? I assume there's some sort of limit which means I won't be able to get them for any of the big guests.

If you have filled in the form on the website and are registered for extra help you only need one VQ ticket between you and your carer. So your sister gets upstairs, gets the tickets and you follow please. And no running. ;) By anyone.

57 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If you have filled in the form on the website and are registered for extra help you only need one VQ ticket between you and your carer. So your sister gets upstairs, gets the tickets and you follow please. And no running. ;) By anyone.

Not even rollerblades :blink:

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

And no running. ;) By anyone.

Indeed.

You’ll incur the wrath of the crew (well, just told off :D).

But you’ll also look like a buffoon and likely to injure youself and/or others.

Last year, one nearly injured oneself by running and nearly tripping over my Where’s Wally walking stick had I not moved it out of the way. And that was after the doors opened and while I was waiting for a photoshoot.

I think I'm going to have to provide her with a list of people to get the queue tickets for. I already have diamond passes for the two I really want to meet and she has a diamond pass for Rory McCann and we'll work out who else before we go. 

I can't see it on the accessibility page but do you know if extra help people will still be let in before everyone else? Though it didn't help too much last year we didn't get very far.

ETA: Thanks for your help Queen! Really do appreciate it.

Edited by EllaBlair

4 hours ago, EllaBlair said:

I think I'm going to have to provide her with a list of people to get the queue tickets for. I already have diamond passes for the two I really want to meet and she has a diamond pass for Rory McCann and we'll work out who else before we go. 

I can't see it on the accessibility page but do you know if extra help people will still be let in before everyone else? Though it didn't help too much last year we didn't get very far.

ETA: Thanks for your help Queen! Really do appreciate it.

Yes, this is still happening.

It had been mentioned that the timing didn't look quite right last year. So this should be considered with opening this year.

Yes, this is still happening.

It had been mentioned that the timing didn't look quite right last year. So this should be considered with opening this year.

If a suggestion would help QS, judging by venue size and autograph location last year, with the number of lifts etc available -  I would think 15 minutes would seem fair to most, so long as staff inside can quickly signpost people in the right direction too. Not everyone will necessarily have a carer with them to speed ahead (at brisk walking pace obvs!:P)...

This is probably a really stupid question but is there some sort of time constraint or time limit that you have when meeting a guest at a photo or autograph session? Like 2 minutes maximum at a photo op, 5 minutes maximum when getting autographs something like that? 

13 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

This is probably a really stupid question but is there some sort of time constraint or time limit that you have when meeting a guest at a photo or autograph session? Like 2 minutes maximum at a photo op, 5 minutes maximum when getting autographs something like that? 

As far as I know, there is no official time limit.

For photoshoots, you're likely to spend about 10 seconds maximum with the guest. You're ushered to the guest, stand next to him/her, have your photo taken, then you're asked to move along to the desk where you can collect your bags and your photo. In the unlikely event your photo doesn't turn out okay (eyes closed, flash reflecting on glasses, green screen issues), speak to a crew member and they'll likely be able to allow you to rejoin the queue for another attempt and another better photo, but the previous not-so-great photo will be destroyed.

For autographs, it depends on a number of factors and common sense (i.e. photos/posed photos permitted, how many autographs you want, others in the queue behind you, etc) but they usually last a few minutes.

Edited by Sebster118

7 hours ago, EllaBlair said:

Auto's if it's a busy time for a big guest you will be moved on quickly but if it's not so busy you may get a moment more, if there's no one there you can talk to them to your heart's content until someone else comes along.

Of course if the guest is the one talking to you, asking you stuff you may get a bit longer as no one is going to stop them (unless it's getting stupidly long that is)

30 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Of course if the guest is the one talking to you, asking you stuff you may get a bit longer as no one is going to stop them (unless it's getting stupidly long that is)

Like Alicia Witt did to me last year. ^_^ I even ended ut on her concert in the evening. Had a fantastic day!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, robmoriarty said:

If a suggestion would help QS, judging by venue size and autograph location last year, with the number of lifts etc available -  I would think 15 minutes would seem fair to most, so long as staff inside can quickly signpost people in the right direction too. Not everyone will necessarily have a carer with them to speed ahead (at brisk walking pace obvs!:P)...

Last year was my first time inside the place and we couldn't find anything kept going around in circles they should really consider the 15 minutes (joking... kinda)

Thanks very much @Queen_Sindel for clearing everything up! It's really appreciated.

10 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

For autos last year I found there was a lot of variability - everyone was really friendly but some folks definitely had to be quicker than others e.g. Alan Tudyk shook my hand, asked how I was, signed my dvd with a quote (which he said out loud which was awesome) and his signature, thanked me, and then needed to move on to the next person. Probably just under a minute total and wonderful :) 

Richard Dean Anderson I got a good five minutes with, lots of back and forth banter (I'll show restraint on the details cause otherwise I would talk all day about it lol), really amazing :)

Christopher Lloyd bless him I think was so snowed under with folks queuing I got a smile and Hello, he signed and then needed to move on, maybe ten seconds total but a dream come true to have met him :)

So yeah, definitely varies! :)

11 hours ago, robmoriarty said:

Or maybe let them queue on the 1. floor. Then they already have passed the elevator. But this will require more organizing and people to do, so probably not likely.

14 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Or maybe let them queue on the 1. floor. Then they already have passed the elevator. But this will require more organizing and people to do, so probably not likely.

That is a good idea but like you said not very practical. If they could organise it though that would be fab.

18 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Lucky sod! He was in a bit of a rush when we met him at the end of the Friday last year! lol But he was still very cheerful! ^_^

We managed pretty early saturday so I think that's why we got so long with him. Honestly he was the main reason I went last year so the time we got meeting him is not something I take for granted :) <3 

#brokenrecordBroo

• Like 1