Latest Guest Announcement - PETER CAPALDI

showmasters

It's not only habit, it's a matter of personality a little too I think. Some guests may see a long line and go "oh my god, I have to get through the line as soon as I can, I may not make them all or people may walk away disappointed if I am taking too long." Others say: "Oh wow, that many people came to see me. I will get through that line no matter how long it takes."

Neither of them means any harm. They try to approach things their own way to make their fans happy. Neither of the approaches takes any less effort I think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

It's not only habit, it's a matter of personality a little too I think. Some guests may see a long line and go "oh my god, I have to get through the line as soon as I can, I may not make them all or people may walk away disappointed if I am taking too long." Others say: "Oh wow, that many people came to see me. I will get through that line no matter how long it takes."

Neither of them means any harm. They try to approach things their own way to make their fans happy. Neither of the approaches takes any less effort I think.

Out of curiosity QS, has it ever happened that a guest has kept signing (because there were so many) at any SM con so  it has closed later than planned?

Edited by Chris1970

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Out of curiosity QS, has it ever happened that a guest has kept signing (because there were so many) at any SM con so  it has closed later than planned?

Can't remember who it was, but I think I remember it being mentioned on here that it has happened, Chris. :smile:

6 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

I’m not sure it’s really a matter of laziness or effort they put in autos, it’s probably just out of habit. Most guests have to sign thousands of autographs at a time at all sorts of busy events, so they have to learn how to sign very quickly and their signatures inevitably change over time and probably become more “simple”.

I’m not saying there aren’t any big guests signing very slowly and carefully. But in this specific case, I remember Capaldi saying in an interview that after signing so many autographs the way he signs has permanently changed in “real life” as well, so that even his bank didn’t accept his new signature at first :o But at the end of the day *you* are receiving the autograph so you’re the one who should be satisfied with it, and if you fear it might not look good enough to you then I totally understand why you might prefer not to get it in the first place ;)

From what I’ve seen from other events I’m confident he’ll try his best to make everyone happy, and since he’s attending two days he might be able to personalize autos when there aren’t many people in the queue. Or at least I hope he’ll write his classic “Dr ???” at the bottom of mine because I love it :D

All perfectly logical and sensical but I don't buy it... I have seen signatures deteriorate or 'evolve' over time but even a very fast signature can still have the semblance of (stylised) words, or at the very least some letters.

I should have said that some very 'basic' looking signatures appear lazy, rather than actually being lazy. Maybe I am old school in my thinking that a one's personal mark/signature should display a little more flair as opposed to looking like chicken scratch.

7 hours ago, Dent_1 said:

even a very fast signature can still have the semblance of (stylised) words, or at the very least some letters.

Mine doesn't!  Mine has no recognisable letters in it at all :thumbup:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

I don’t know about anyone else but I think it’s a nice touch to the autograph when Peter puts things such as best wishes or keep being cosmic along with his trademark Dr???? :wub:

Sometimes when he signs The Thick of It pictures he also writes lots of sweary words and F words lol which is fun although maybe not the type of autograph you’d show to your family after the con :P

Edited by Nerd Who
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I've gave in and bought a Sunday phtoshoot (I mean, how could I not meet the Doctor who's episode inspired my user name, and I also need for my collection anyway :thumbup:)

What batch no is he up to now on Sunday?

5 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Yeah I may be in the queue for a while, but I imagine there will be an afternoon shoot so I will just turn up halfway through that.

Or batch 9 might be in the afternoon photo anyway, we will find out when the schedule is released.

Edited by Chris1970

It should.  Based on previous shoots I'd guess morning will be Diamonds, Golds, batch 1, probably 2, possibly some of 3.  Afternoon all the rest.

Obviously I may be completely wrong and am only guessing.