Latest Guest Announcement - PETER CAPALDI

showmasters

4 hours ago, The_batflash123 said:

I would love to meet David. I have nothing against Matt but he's my least favorite Doctor of New Who. Still hoping that the guest announcement of wednesday is gonna be Christopher Eccleston. [...] I've met Matt Lucas last year, he was AMAZING. 

If we all hope strongly enough it will come true and Chris will be announced :D (yeah, if only announcements worked that way it’d be too easy :P)

Sadly I have to agree on Matt Smith, he’s great and I love all his quirks but he’s my least favourite modern Doctor as well, just after Chris. I still love them all so even being least favourite means a lot, but he didn’t felt very Doctor-y to me at the beginning of his run maybe because he was so young, and his final stories got overly confusing and intricate...

I didn’t always like Nardole either, he was a bit annoying at times but I guess it was the point of his character, still I quite liked his banter with the Doctor so I’d be amazing to have Matt Lucas again this year. The new TARDIS team would be complete, what an amazing reunion with Peter and Pearl! :lol: He’s doing a play in July so he might not be able to attend this time, but I hope Showmasters find a way to bring him back!

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I have to say I think David is my fav out of all of them.  I like Matt but I think his storylines got a bit boring in the end - and I'm going to run away from several people after posting this! - I never really loved Peter's version.  I think it's more to do with the story's than him, he's a very good actor and I don't mind his Doctor, it's just unfortunately it will always be David for me.  It helps I need David for Jessica Jones though :laugh:

Start running :angry2:

You’re forgiven for saying you didn’t like Peter’s Doctor only because you like Ten <_< Just kidding, we all have different preferences and tastes, and everyone has different favourite Doctors, it’s all fine ;):P I love David and Peter’s incarnations equally, Twelve is the one I relate to the most while Ten is the hero everyone would like to travel with. I’m the same as @R4wly97, David has always been *the* Doctor for me until Peter came along and now they’re both *my* Doctor in different ways.

Since Peter’s regeneration is still recent I’m still grieving his Doctor, so he’s the one I’m most passionate about at the moment, while David sort of evolved into my all round favourite actor. Seeing him in other shows, movies, and on stage, I’m always amazed by his acting skills, he’s so insanely talented, I don’t know how he does it but he’s brilliant in every role :o

3 hours ago, The_batflash123 said:

I really hate series 10 with a passion and certainly the christmas special of last year but series 9 is one of the best series since series 4, in my opinion. The only reason I'm still watching DW is (was) because of Peter.

Finally someone who likes series 9 as well! :D It’s my favourite series of New Who, and I only ever hear Clara-haters complaining about it. Series 10 was fine, I enjoyed it a lot, but it wasn’t as epic as series 9 at all, with maybe the only exception of last Christmas Special which was iconic! I’ll always watch Doctor Who anyway, they have to mess it up pretty badly for me to stop liking it, but I admit I too wasn’t completely invested in the story during Moffat’s era until Peter arrived...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

That is awful. You should do something about that. Like leave work now and go watch it. lol

I'm off this week :whistling:  Watching the new Endeavour episodes take priority I'm afraid but I am hoping to catch up with a few things I have sitting around waiting to be watched this week

I like Peter, loved him in the Musketeers but I couldn't get away with him as Dr Who.  Stopped watching it half way through his first season and never watched another episode :mellow:

Mind you I'm not really a Dr Who fan to begin with, I only started watching it when Matt Smith was in it and obviously he is the best as far as I'm concerned that I haven't watched anyone else.  However, Peter I would like to meet as I like his other work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stassy said:

I like Peter, loved him in the Musketeers but I couldn't get away with him as Dr Who.  Stopped watching it half way through his first season and never watched another episode :mellow:

Mind you I'm not really a Dr Who fan to begin with, I only started watching it when Matt Smith was in it and obviously he is the best as far as I'm concerned that I haven't watched anyone else.  However, Peter I would like to meet as I like his other work.

It's understandable, as not everyone actually like Doctor Who. But I must inform you, that for me personally, Peter's first season as the Doctor (series 8) was his worst. Both series 9 & 10 were much better, so if you'll have some free time, you should deffinately give them another chance ;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

It's understandable, as not everyone actually like Doctor Who. But I must inform you, that for me personally, Peter's first season as the Doctor (series 8) was his worst. Both series 9 & 10 were much better, so if you'll have some free time, you should deffinately give them another chance ;)

Well if they are better, I might actually do that, as I thought his first season wasn't very good.  There have been quite a few instances where I have met guests and its made me watch their films/tv shows that I hadn't seen before.  So if I meet Peter it might convince me to give his version of Dr Who another go.

12 minutes ago, Stassy said:

Well if they are better, I might actually do that, as I thought his first season wasn't very good.  There have been quite a few instances where I have met guests and its made me watch their films/tv shows that I hadn't seen before.  So if I meet Peter it might convince me to give his version of Dr Who another go.

I hope so ;) If we are talking about Peter's era on the show I would rank his seasons as (best to worst):

1. Series 10

2. Series 9

3. Series 8

So if meeting Peter convinces you to watch his seasons on Doctor Who, be patient, because (at least from my point of view) hist stories just got better from series to series. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_batflash123 said:

1. Series 9

2. Series 8

3. Series 10

999999999. Sleep No More (I watched this at like 11pm, I just fell asleep)

Totally agree with this, that’s how I’d rank the series as well! I love them all anyway, but Heaven Sent/Hell Bent is my favourite story, and Sleep No More my least favourite (of the entire show actually :WINCE:) - it’s not just boring, it doesn’t make any sense at all! Still it has some good bits and scenes, so I don’t completely hate it, because as R4 said:

4 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

@The_batflash123 I’m just biased so I don’t hate any of them :P

How could you even hate an episode when there’s Peter Capaldi in it??? :P:P:P