Guest Cancellations - Sir Derek Jacobi, Bex Taylor Klaus & Jack O Hallorhan - UPDATE ON SUPERMAN GROUP SHOT!!

Regarding Jack, I found out yesterday afternoon that he wasn't able to come because of a personal connection I have to the film.  Jack is not able to come because he's got to have heart surgery.  He's devastated at not being able to come and would do anything to be there, but his health has to come first.

The Superman group photo was a big deal because this was a major thing to get Terence Stamp to a convention for the first - probably last - time.  The hype was to have the super villains reunited for the first time since Superman II was released and was the major, though unspoken, selling point of the shoot, hence the high price of £110.  It is unreasonable to expect the event to not offer a refund of some sort because, in reality, it's sold at a high interest for that reason.  As such, if they don't offer a gesture of a discount, it would be both unreasonable and generate a LOT of complaints from the people - including myself - who purposely booked the shoot for that reason.  And that reason alone.

If there is not the choice to either refund and cancel or refund partially, because it stated all along - Terence, Sarah, Jack & Margot, that is what is expected, then legally speaking, you are entitled to demand and receive a refund because that is not being delivered.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SCB141179 said:

Regarding Jack, I found out yesterday afternoon that he wasn't able to come because of a personal connection I have to the film.  Jack is not able to come because he's got to have heart surgery.  He's devastated at not being able to come and would do anything to be there, but his health has to come first.

The Superman group photo was a big deal because this was a major thing to get Terence Stamp to a convention for the first - probably last - time.  The hype was to have the super villains reunited for the first time since Superman II was released and was the major, though unspoken, selling point of the shoot, hence the high price of £110.  It is unreasonable to expect the event to not offer a refund of some sort because, in reality, it's sold at a high interest for that reason.  As such, if they don't offer a gesture of a discount, it would be both unreasonable and generate a LOT of complaints from the people - including myself - who purposely booked the shoot for that reason.  And that reason alone.

If there is not the choice to either refund and cancel or refund partially, because it stated all along - Terence, Sarah, Jack & Margot, that is what is expected, then legally speaking, you are entitled to demand and receive a refund because that is not being delivered.

Seen the tweet from Sarah Douglas and now this, hopefully the op is a complete success.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SCB141179 said:

I totally agree that there should be the offer of a refund for this, as now it is not the product that people paid for. If the photo went ahead there would be a huge gap in the photo regarding Jack not being there and the photo will not have the same meaning as what it was meant to have. There are the single photo shoots with the remaining guests, which will have much more of an appeal. This group photo, to me, just seems pointless now really. I do hope that Jack makes a speedy recovery though but I don't see this opportunity with the whole group photo been offered again, as they probably won't be able to get all of these to attend the same convention at the same time. Hopefully SM will understand that the paying public are not happen and will offer a refund on this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SCB141179 said:

I posted earlier what the description of the shoot said in the shop, I'm not sure legally SM are obliged to do anything. They may do though, we'll see.

18 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Guys, please bear with me on that. I checked as promised. But it's the day before everyone leaves for the Show. They are going to get back to me as soon as they can, but getting hold of People isn't this easy right now.

My last post was only based on the mention of "individual photoshoots" from the first post. It was not an official confirmation of any Kind.

Repost from page 2. It is being checked on. Can everyone please have a Little more Patience? I am sure it will be clarified today.

1 possible compromise could be that for anyone unhappy with having an incomplete group photo op (and let's face it that's what it is) that they can exchange it for the remaining individual photo ops with the superman guests and be refunded the difference. Just a suggestion but it doesn't hurt PR wise if Showmasters can be shown to be a little flexable

• Like 1

Showmasters lack of flexibility in the past with group shoots is why i never book any group shoot in advance anymore.

I know we show our support to the organizer by advancing funds, but then the trust should go both ways, and if there's any change into a group shoot, especially as drastic as it is now with this Superman's group shot, there should also be the possibility to get a full refund.

Otherwise, whoever got caught once, won't get caught again.
Everybody will wait until being there on the day before buying a group shot, thus ending the funds advance to the organizer (which could be a problem).

They are working on this so hopefully they see it's also in their own interest to offer the public what they're expecting in this situation.

• Like 3

Umm... partial refund for the Red Dwarf Group Shot when a main guest cancelled means lack of flexibility?

There's not been that many Group shots to begin with. You're acting like this happens a dozen times at every Show.

There we have the exact main reason why normally the Group shots are only available much more Close to the Show. If a cancellation happens there's unhappy fans and tons of administrative extra work. LFACC was an exception to the usual rule because it's such a large Show and SM were trying to allow attendees to Budget.

But I am so going to use this as an example for next time when attendees start begging "Group shot please". :lol:

As I have said before, I think a lot depends on the group shot in question

I have the Iron Fist one booked and there was a cancellation in that, I think having one guest drop out should mean a partial refund but nothing is offered (nothing mentioned at all in fact) BUT I don't expect a full refund option as it is just random cast members, it isn't even the lead roll that cancelled

this shoot is slightly different though in that it is part of a specific faction that has cancelled, if it was Margot it would be slightly different but having the group of 3 villains split up takes away the selling point so there really should be something offered in that respect

that being said, QS has said it is being looked at so we just have to wait and see

Hi Showmasters team, sorry to hear about the last minute guest cancellations, but this does mean I would like to request the cancellations of the following photo shoots, I hope this forum is the best place to request this?
1. Superman Group Photo Session (due to Jack O'Halloran cancelling)
2. Both of the Iron Fist Group Photo Sessions (due to Tom Pelphrey cancelling)

5 minutes ago, carlosvanvegas said:

Hi Showmasters team, sorry to hear about the last minute guest cancellations, but this does mean I would like to request the cancellations of the following photo shoots, I hope this forum is the best place to request this?
1. Superman Group Photo Session (due to Jack O'Halloran cancelling)
2. Both of the Iron Fist Group Photo Sessions (due to Tom Pelphrey cancelling)

No it's not Carlos.  This is the forum.  Sales/refunds are handled by the shop.  But please read Queen's posts above and not that tickets are non refundable as per the T's & C's of purchase. 

Edited by Raylenth

Okay, it's that time again and I have to start hiding Posts.

1) The mods and some users are trying to help. Sorry if you don't like the explanations and requests for Patience. But being rude towards anyone on here or also David on Twitter is not going to get you anywhere. It will only get your post deleted and yes, if you keep doing it there will be a ban. If your post has been removed consider this your first warning.

2) As already requested elsewhere: please do not drag Horror stories from Facebook on here. As explained some People are trying to create false peer pressure. Please do not fall for that. No one has been banned from e-Mailing, no one has been blocked from e-Mailing. There isn't even a definite decision on anything yet.

3) What also a couple of People seem to forget or don't know: the mods are volunteers. Yes, we represent Showmasters. But we sacrifice our free time to help here. And representing Showmasters does not mean we have to take each slap in the face and every Insult with a smile like some People expect us to do because that is "customer Service" according to one rant we had here a couple of days ago. I've been doing this for 10 years. I wouldn't have lasted that Long if SM wouldn't trust me. Some users have also been on here for a Long time and the mods are used to their style of posting. So they may get a Response that is a Little different than a new user would get.

• Like 8

Absolutely gutted  about the cancellations we all are but in the grand scheme of things it will still be a great con I am driving down from Glasgow for it  so we enjoy ourselves and hope everyone that has had to cancel will be okay to come back next year 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Clyde said:

Absolutely gutted  about the cancellations we all are but in the grand scheme of things it will still be a great con I am driving down from Glasgow for it  so we enjoy ourselves and hope everyone that has had to cancel will be okay to come back next year 

Let me know how you get on driving /parking etc as we always choose to fly down due to parking / charges etc.

2 minutes ago, paulo said:

when Zayn left One Direction , they still did the concerts and fans didn't get 1/5th of their ticket money refunded as 1D were a member light , just saying!

Well now I hope there's no refund at all and Showmasters use that as part of the reason why.

I've been asked to put up a message from Jack. Also I've been asked to let everyone know that Jack was very upset when he called the office to confirm he couldn't make it. He was very keen on doing this Show since day one. The Office is still in close contact with him and will bring him over when they can, and more importantly when his health allows.

So this is Jack's message:

Jason,

I just returned home from the Hospital tonight. Unfortunately I can't do the show this weekend.They are putting three stents in my heart in two weeks. So I can't travel which is a bummer as I have purchased my tickets for flying.Plus I rented an apartment .

Regards

Jack

• Like 5

I hope the head office don't think we think Jack's health is just an excuse for him not attending... I totally believe it was unavoidable that he wasn't able to make the show and I hope that his surgery is 100% successful and he's fighting fit straight away

3 minutes ago, snot182 said:

gotcha

I think it is more Terrance's availability in order to make it the 3 of the villains together rather than anything else but I see your reasoning fo sho

We can do something about that - make sure Terence, Sarah and Margot percieve LFCC and its attendees as something they'd like to be a part of again and again! :) You know, treat them nice, have fun, be our usual awesome selves  :cool:

• Like 1

I like your thinking Mario.

Ages ago People were saying RDA would never do an Event as well, and now he's been back a number of times.

Oh, and just to confirm a question that came up earlier: you probably got that from his note that I posted anyway. But to make it definitely clear, Jack is US based.

• Like 1

I think we tend to forget how old many of the guests are , having a rose tinted view on how we remember them from the films or TV series they were in  , Superman 2 was made 37 years ago and Jack is now 74 so illness and other things are likely to be more prevalent

• Like 1