Diamond Pass Question

So, I have a question. Having taken the plunge with a couple of diamond passes, I realize that there's an opportunity for up to five autos; but I only need two. Ive seen it mentioned that its not breaking the rules to get an autograph for someone else

How do you go about offering the opportunity to others to use those spare autograph slots? I mean people who dont know me from a 6ft model of Stuart the Minion (the resemblance is uncanny so Im told). There's the 'trust a stranger with a wad of your cash and your precious artifact' aspect to it all I guess. But we are a community and part of that is about helping each other. . Am I overthinking it?

Kind of.  It's probably just best to post in those guests threads that you might be able to assist a couple of people by taking their items through with yours and maybe put your email on your profile and then anyone interested can contact you directly.  You cannot ask them to give you more than the auto costs otherwise you would be selling and in breach of the rules.

In regards to how to organise it, maybe the easiest way would be to have them meet you at the auto queue when you are ready to go through, they can give you the cash and the items and see you join the line and you can hand them over on the way out.

Many diamond guests are doable on a VQ though so it depends on who you have passes for.  I'll just add that if it's Benedict there has been mention of the possibility of limiting the auto's to 3 and we will have to wait and see what SM say.

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Kind of.  It's probably just best to post in those guests threads that you might be able to assist a couple of people by taking their items through with yours and maybe put your email on your profile and then anyone interested can contact you directly.  You cannot ask them to give you more than the auto costs otherwise you would be selling and in breach of the rules.

In regards to how to organise it, maybe the easiest way would be to have them meet you at the auto queue when you are ready to go through, they can give you the cash and the items and see you join the line and you can hand them over on the way out.

Many diamond guests are doable on a VQ though so it depends on who you have passes for.  I'll just add that if it's Benedict there has been mention of the possibility of limiting the auto's to 3 and we will have to wait and see what SM say.

One of them is the venerable Mister Doctor, yes.

Id never dream of asking for more than the auto price - I just though it would be a nice thing to do. :)

30 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

So, I have a question. Having taken the plunge with a couple of diamond passes, I realize that there's an opportunity for up to five autos; but I only need two. Ive seen it mentioned that its not breaking the rules to get an autograph for someone else

How do you go about offering the opportunity to others to use those spare autograph slots? I mean people who dont know me from a 6ft model of Stuart the Minion (the resemblance is uncanny so Im told). There's the 'trust a stranger with a wad of your cash and your precious artifact' aspect to it all I guess. But we are a community and part of that is about helping each other. . Am I overthinking it?

While it's not breaking the rules, there is a difference between getting an extra autograph for a friend and inviting random people to take up your 'spare' slots.  It's worth remembering that every extra autograph you get signed is probably one less VQ who gets the chance so it doesn't seem fair to me to allow people to effectively jump the queue ahead of those with VQs without buying a diamond pass themselves.

11 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

One of them is the venerable Mister Doctor, yes.

Id never dream of asking for more than the auto price - I just though it would be a nice thing to do. :)

I only mention it for the benefit of anyone reading Tom, just to make it clear :D

5 minutes ago, Astro_Nut said:

While it's not breaking the rules, there is a difference between getting an extra autograph for a friend and inviting random people to take up your 'spare' slots.  It's worth remembering that every extra autograph you get signed is probably one less VQ who gets the chance so it doesn't seem fair to me to allow people to effectively jump the queue ahead of those with VQs without buying a diamond pass themselves.

There's no right or wrong to it Astro, if Tom wants to help people out by taking a couple of extra items through that's his decision.  Unfortunately with certain guests there's always the probability that they may not be able to get through many VQ's if they manage to get to them.  Diamond pass holders have paid for the certainty of getting their items and can take up to the limit though if they wish.  If people don't buy a diamond pass for guests who are slow signers or have limited time it's a risk they knowingly take I'm afraid.

And I say that as someone who does want 2 or 3 diamond autos that I don't have a pass for so I'm hoping they do get to VQ tickets.

11 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

But still, this is as far as it can go on the forum. Remember, anything with money exchanging hands (even if it is face value) can't be discussed here. Technically the first post would be a "no" already.

Apologies, it wasn't my intention to break any forum rules. 

Another no doubt daft question. I'm bringing myself, my 9 year old and my big kid husband on Sunday. But, I sneaked another entry just for me on my ownio for the Friday (greedy, I know)

From what I gather:

We have Diamond Passes for the Sunday and so can assume that our autos will have been called and so we won't miss the chance for C Lloyd and RDA

But

Can I collect all the passes for Sunday for the whole family when I fly solo on Friday. Save us all one more Q!

49 minutes ago, MoseyJones said:

Another no doubt daft question. I'm bringing myself, my 9 year old and my big kid husband on Sunday. But, I sneaked another entry just for me on my ownio for the Friday (greedy, I know)

From what I gather:

We have Diamond Passes for the Sunday and so can assume that our autos will have been called and so we won't miss the chance for C Lloyd and RDA

But

Can I collect all the passes for Sunday for the whole family when I fly solo on Friday. Save us all one more Q!

We haven't had confirmation on how pass collection will work this year, but last year this was possible. I assume it will be the same or similar as for most diamond passes, it's only the photo that is day specific and you can get the auto any day the guest is at the con.

Hey guys, I've never had a diamond pass before and just wanted to ask, when it comes to getting your item signed how do you go about it? Do you get a ticket and get it signed at their booth? 

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, but If it was I couldn't find it! 

My only concern would be collecting my pass on the Friday and queuing up and missing my friday photo with that guest or other photos due to queuing. I have a diamond with Alan Tudyk and an additional one to use at the same time. I know collection details haven't been decided on, but with so many diamond pass guests to have passes collected for, I'm scared I've made a wrong choice. 

It won't be that bad D4vem.  Go to the collection area when you can, if the queue looks huge just come back later.  Once the schedule is out you will know what time you need to be at your activities so you just factor it in around those and keep an eye on the time

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It won't be that bad D4vem.  Go to the collection area when you can, if the queue looks huge just come back later.  Once the schedule is out you will know what time you need to be at your activities so you just factor it in around those and keep an eye on the time

I would hope it isn't that bad, but with 19 diamond pass guests, and the unfortunate mess at Collectormania, just didn't want Alan's photo op at 10am on Friday (only has 3 batches so wouldn't expect 2 shoots) and I'm still queuing for my pass and wasting 2 photos.

8 hours ago, D4vem88 said:

I meant missing the included diamond photo. Obviously won't know until the schedule and pass collection details are all unveiled, but it was something that could've been a possibility. 

They will not schedule the photo ops that Close.

Plus as I have already posted a couple of times, the Diamond Pass pickup process is being reworked. There should be no such issues as at Collectormania.