West Hall Loading, Gold Pass and Diamond Pass Pick up

Sorry if this has been asked already, I made it through several pages of comments and opted to just ask my question. As a gold pass holder can I/do I queue in the GP queue get my wristband (assuming its the same system as previous years) then walk around to the other side of the building. Show my band and go to the collection area before returning to the GP queue. I know we get let in a little bit earlier but I would like to have this all sorted so I can use that time to actually get to where I want to be. I had hoped to be able to make it down today but its not going to work for me now.

nothing has been said about that Chris, either ask in the queue or just go around anyway once you have your band.

That option has not been discussed, sorry. When I asked about Gold Pass pickup of Diamond Ticket the suggestion I was given was that the Gold Pass holders pick up theirs after opening.

I got in ok but I wasn't in a rush, I was in the first couple of hundred and as far as I can see the whole queue was in fairly quickly. I do have to say that the reassurances that it would all work were kind of for naught though. Tickets weren't pre scanned in the queue and the diamond pass collection was NOT set up or even signposted - it wasn't there when I went it and soon there were too many people in the queue to see out and if it was set up. When I got my entry scanned I was told it was by the entry door and that it had been relocated to somewhere inside. As I was closer to the entry door I went and had a look but couldn't see it. I eventually found it tucked behind a giant TV screen with only 1 small whiteboard designating it as diamond pass collection. And they were no where near ready. They didn't have any scanners and said they were only giving them out from 9.30. I was first in the queue but let a chap go in front of me as he had loads to pick up. I got in by 9.17 but I shudder to think how long it took the people behind me. One of the people in the queue with me had a Gold wrist band that he had collected that morning and said they only gave them out as the doors opened.

Edited by Raylenth

Thats appalling Raylenth, really sorry to hear this. As a valued forum member who sticks up through thick and thin for SM, they really need to pull their socks up and improve for tomorrow.

On the one hand we hear about gold pass members walking in side by side with standard ticket holders and now the diamond passes are not being made readily available! Way to go to alienate the customers paying through the nose for so called priority tickets!

• Like 1

Like I said I got in quite quickly and maybe they assessed and thought they didn't need to pre scan but I hope that's sorted for tomorrow because the number of people there today is nothing in comparison to how many are usually there Saturday and if the diamond passes are like that tomorrow there will be issues.

I got in ok but I wasn't in a rush, I was in the first couple of hundred and as far as I can see the whole queue was in fairly quickly. I do have to say that the reassurances that it would all work were kind of for naught though. Tickets weren't pre scanned in the queue and the diamond pass collection was NOT set up or even signposted - it wasn't there when I went it and soon there were too many people in the queue to see out and if it was set up. When I got my entry scanned I was told it was by the entry door and that it had been relocated to somewhere inside. As I was closer to the entry door I went and had a look but couldn't see it. I eventually found it tucked behind a giant TV screen with only 1 small whiteboard designating it as diamond pass collection. And they were no where near ready. They didn't have any scanners and said they were only giving them out from 9.30. I was first in the queue but let a chap go in front of me as he had loads to pick up. I got in by 9.17 but I shudder to think how long it took the people behind me. One of the people in the queue with me had a Gold wrist band that he had collected that morning and said they only gave them out as the doors opened.

I was about 10 people from front of gold queue and there was no scanning zilch nothing. They only opened the doors just before.nine for us to wait when someone from staff was helping someone who needed assistance just at 8.50 and she seen we were all waiting outside still!!! She had to call round to tell them we were needing in..we were forgotten about!!!

Edited by Bing250

I was about 10 people from front of gold queue and there was no scanning zilch nothing. They only opened the doors just before.nine for us to wait when someone from staff was helping someone who needed assistance just at 8.50 and she seen we were all waiting outside still!!! She had to call round to tell them we were needing in..we were forgotten about!!!

Those last four words sum up how the vast majority of the 'Gold' pass holders I spoke to felt about the start of the day between the entry and the gold pass chill out cubicle. But it's the first day and things got into their usual rhythm and things ticked along nicely after that.