Is a gold pass worth £250?

john1980

On that occasion, a gold pass would be good but the pass only covers all 4 days rather than an odd day.

Just to avoid any possible misunderstandings: you don't have to attend all four days if you buy a Gold Pass. We actually have a couple of people on here who like getting one because they are on limited time.

I've done many Showmasters events including the last 2 busy summer LFCC shows & never needed to get a Gold Pass. In my own opinion I don't feel they are worth the money and perhaps I've managed before as I've never been in the "20 photoshoots +" club.

I do normally want autographs and photoshoots with the guests I want to meet and that can be around the figure of 15 guests. Again I've been able to do that comfortably in the past without the need of a Gold Pass or staying til the close of doors.

As others have said it will depend on how many photo's and autos you want. I get one every year as I normally want a lot of autos (37 last year).

For me the ability to not have the need for VQ tickets is very important as there is then no need to queue for a couple of hours before opening for the low number VQ dash as you can just join the end of any queue.

Depending on how many of the popular guests get diamond packages this year this may change as gold tickets to not get any queuing benefits for guests with a diamond package.

As the title suggests, I'm thinking about getting a gold pass but am undecided as to the value.

I have the normal entry tickets for each day and the Ron Perlman diamond pass, so far the other guests dont fill me with any desperate need, except Jeremy Bulloch,want a picture from last year signed, but then i never needed a VQ ticket last year as he was quite quiet.

anyway, what are peoples experiences with gold passes? are the talks and extras worth it?

It all depends on you. Your wants, needs and likes. Work out the cost, what time you have at the event, how patient you are with queuing up and then see if it is worth it. No two people are the same

I would not do the event without a gold pass, worth its weight in gold, literally! Especially if you do loads of photo ops, we do 30+ over the weekend and try to do as many as possible as early as possible. Gold pass and good staff Luke and Justin sorting the queues and you are all set for a less stressful weekend. :)

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Last time I bought YALC ticket which can guarantee you entry earlier than general queue. I got Hayley Atwell's VQ number 10 when 10 minutes later it was over 100. But I am not doing a lot of photoshoots and autos. If you really want to do a lot I guess it is worth it.

This can't be done this year. Quote from the shop...

" (Please note that YALC ticket holders will not be able to access the rest of the show until 5pm on Thursday and 10.00am Friday - Sunday)"

We're actually both correct - the change Jay mentioned was for photos only and I overread that he said autographs and photos. I read this as autographs only.

For autographs paying the difference should not have been possible. That's clearly stated in the post you linked.

Yeah I meant photos sorry if I confused anyone!

This is my first time purchasing a gold pass, last year I missed out on guests I wanted to meet because of high numbered VQ tickets and I was really stressed trying to get to photoshoots on time, so I'm glad to have the gold pass this time. I would say yes, it is worth having the gold pass to enjoy the event better

I think it's a shame you can't buy a weekend Gold Pass for a reduced price than the 4 days, for those who would love have Gold over the weekend but have work commitments / travel over Thursday and Friday make it impossible to get there, it means you have to pay for pretty much 2 days you can't go.

£170 or something for a Weekend Gold.

Edited by GelNerd

• 4 weeks later...

It was a god send to me last year, made things so much easier. Dont think it would be necessary for the Spring event, as im guessing that will be quieter like the Winter events typically were, but if the calibre of the guests is similar to last summer and the year before then go for it.

• Like 1

I think it´s worth the money, even if you are not in the 20 + club, I have done only like 8 or 9 pictures last year,and a handful of autographes, for me who doesn´t like to forever it was great, and I was only there for one day last year, but this year I will do every day well exept sunday, early flight back home.

• Like 1

I think it´s worth the money, even if you are not in the 20 + club, I have done only like 8 or 9 pictures last year,and a handful of autographes, for me who doesn´t like to forever it was great, and I was only there for one day last year, but this year I will do every day well exept sunday, early flight back home.

where r u from?

I think it's a shame you can't buy a weekend Gold Pass for a reduced price than the 4 days, for those who would love have Gold over the weekend but have work commitments / travel over Thursday and Friday make it impossible to get there, it means you have to pay for pretty much 2 days you can't go.

£170 or something for a Weekend Gold.

Doing something like this is a logistical nightmare as it can open things up for people who buy a full weekend one and go the first two days but then want to extend it. It may sound easy on paper but in the full reality is a complete nightmare.

• 1 month later...

This year, for my second LFCC , a friend and I will certainly takes gold pass, cause we'll take a lot of photoshoots (last year, i have done 27) and want to be as cool as possible , don"t waste time in the queues...

We just wanted to know how does it works for choose the 2 autos and 2 photoshoots that are free ...

Do we have to decide when buying ? or the day of LFCC ?

Another question , even if it is not really the good topic : normally my girlfriend will come with us in London, but she will be pregnant since 6 months for LFCC, and she is afraid to come LFCC cause last year there wwas soooo much people and the queue may be rude. She is a little disapointed cause she is really interested with two guests (at this point). So i would like to ask if there is some kind of priority for photoshoots queue for pregnant ladies before buying her the tickets !

Thanks for answer , and sorry for my unperfect english (I am French ^^)

This year, for my second LFCC , a friend and I will certainly takes gold pass, cause we'll take a lot of photoshoots (last year, i have done 27) and want to be as cool as possible , don"t waste time in the queues...

We just wanted to know how does it works for choose the 2 autos and 2 photoshoots that are free ...

Do we have to decide when buying ? or the day of LFCC ?

Another question , even if it is not really the good topic : normally my girlfriend will come with us in London, but she will be pregnant since 6 months for LFCC, and she is afraid to come LFCC cause last year there wwas soooo much people and the queue may be rude. She is a little disapointed cause she is really interested with two guests (at this point). So i would like to ask if there is some kind of priority for photoshoots queue for pregnant ladies before buying her the tickets !

Thanks for answer , and sorry for my unperfect english (I am French ^^)

When you collect your Gold pass goody bag, you get given vouchers for the photos and autos. The ones for autos can be handed over to the crew member with the guest as you normally would with cash. For the photos, you need to take them to the booth where they are selling photo tickets and swap them for the guest photo tickets that you want.

I have no idea about the pregnancy thing I'm afraid. Hopefully one of the mods can help.