Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

As a fan of Alien, I am very happy. That said, as someone who has already budgeted ahead for who I wish to meet this does kinda put a question mark over those plans. £95 is a lot of money for an autograph, especially for when you can't even be sure you'll be able to get!

Might have to go sell some blood.

Yeah but if you don't get the auto you've still got the £95.

Sorry to ask again just wanting to know do we buy her

autograph on the day?

Yes, you need to get a VQ ticket first thing (Don't leave it as you want a low as possible number, assuming you don't have a diamond pass) you then pay when you get to the front of the auto queue. Therefore Auto's are not guaranteed unless you have a diamond ticket as there may be hundreds of people in front of you.

Edited by Raylenth

For me, this is the best announcement EVER!!!! :thumbup: Been hoping to meet her one day for a loooooooong time.

Such a great actress. Next to the usual suspects already listed, I loved watching her in Copycat and Dave.

And the Diamond Pass really is good value.

:dance: Can't wait!!!!!! :dance:

One of the very few people I'd consider buying a Diamond pass for and I have. Think it actually works out quite reasonable value, given her cost at other events and especially with Carrie Henn included too. Amazing actress, been in so many great things but it's Alien all the way for me :)

Choosing what to get signed will be tricky. Not sure whether to get something signed from Heartbreakers, Ghostbusters, Working Girl or Galaxy Quest.

I'd guess most people will get either Aliens or Ghosbuster stuff signed so I'd say the other 3 might be something different for her if your not fussed which you get signed.

Is it possible that since this is a popular once in a lifetime guest that you could order autographs beforehand?

I know it doesn't work like this but surely there must be something for a guest like Mrs Weaver?

As not being guaranteed an autograph isn't much good.

Can nothing be done?

do we none goldpass holders stand a chance to get a autograph if we get in very early ???

If you get there early and stay all day everyone has a chance.

Precisely, look at how it was with Gillian Anderson - correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't she open queue by the end of the day at her first appearance?

Is it possible that since this is a popular once in a lifetime guest that you could order autographs beforehand?

I know it doesn't work like this but surely there must be something for a guest like Mrs Weaver?

Can nothing be done?

I have no idea why it doesn't seem to be the case here. The one time it was done (Jeri Ryan) it was announced with the guest announcement.

I am collecting all info and passing it on to the office to be answered. There are some things I just can't answer, and I don't know when I will have a reply.

why cant the big guests come on the Friday? I have a feeling Friday will be very quiet lol this will be my first time, and from what I hear about the heat and people feeling ill in the ques I mite be missing out on some major names but at the same time it wont be as busy, or it could be manic I wont know till the day.

really am gutted ill be missing out on her.

do we none goldpass holders stand a chance to get a autograph if we get in very early ???

Precisely, look at how it was with Gillian Anderson - correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't she open queue by the end of the day at her first appearance?

gutted I missed her, I doubt ill get the chance to meet her or david

• Like 1

why cant the big guests come on the Friday? I have a feeling Friday will be very quiet lol this will be my first time, and from what I hear about the heat and people feeling ill in the ques I mite be missing out on some major names but at the same time it wont be as busy, or it could be manic I wont know till the day.

really am gutted ill be missing out on her.

Because of guest availability. She may only fly in Thursday and use Friday to get used to the time zone.

Friday is not going to be quiet for sure, I can guarantee you that.

• Like 1

Can nothing be done?

I have no idea why it doesn't seem to be the case here. The one time it was done (Jeri Ryan) it was announced with the guest announcement.

I am collecting all info and passing it on to the office to be answered. There are some things I just can't answer, and I don't know when I will have a reply.

There were pre-booked autograph tickets for Matt Smith a few years back too as I had some :)

As a fan of Alien, I am very happy. That said, as someone who has already budgeted ahead for who I wish to meet this does kinda put a question mark over those plans. £95 is a lot of money for an autograph, especially for when you can't even be sure you'll be able to get!

Might have to go sell some blood.

Yeah but if you don't get the auto you've still got the £95.

Sorry to ask again just wanting to know do we buy her

autograph on the day?

Yes, you need to get a VQ ticket first thing (Don't leave it as you want a low as possible number, assuming you don't have a diamond pass) you then pay when you get to the front of the auto queue. Therefore Auto's are not guaranteed unless you have a diamond ticket as there may be hundreds of people in front of you.
I've got a gold ticket is that good enough?

Just worried because of photoshoots on that day also, if i get there early and get a vq ticket and say if i also have a few photoshoots nearing the time im at the autograph que is there some way i can work that ???