warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

Rather than me reading 27 pages of posts, has Showmasters given an indication as to cost for this Diamond Pass guest? I know the mods were going to ask the question. An idea of funds required would be good.

No, there won't be an indication of costs posted.

I know I'm going to regret getting my hopes up just like with the Power Rangers annoucement. If the price is in the region of £300+ I think the only people fitting the criteria that I'd pay that for would be Scarlett Johansson or Jennifer Lawrence. I think someone already ruled them out as possibilities though.

Rather than me reading 27 pages of posts, has Showmasters given an indication as to cost for this Diamond Pass guest? I know the mods were going to ask the question. An idea of funds required would be good.

Do you know what their reason for the decision is? It's not like an estimated cost is going to give anything away. It would be nice to know.

I don't agree with the earlier post that quoted the phrase "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" or something along those lines. I could easily afford it, I just may deem it not to be worth a certain amount to me personally.

• Like 2

Jason can you at least then confirm if tickets will go on sale at the announcement or whether there will be a gap in between?

Eee this is so exciting!

As with every guest announcement we will put tickets on sale live at the same time.

jason

Not knowing the price-range beforehand means a lot of us may not have the funds available if it is someone we wanna meet, and lose out trying to get hold of it while others are using their credit cards etc. :/ I get not wanting to say the price-range now to change speculation, but could it be possible that the tickets do not go up immediately with the announcement? It would also help site congestion I think, as if the forum crashes (as it has done with much less hyped guests), most people will check the ticket site to see who it is, meaning those who actually want to buy the tickets might not be able to if it keeps crashing!

You did with Richard Dean Andersson.

The tickets went out a week later. This was very Nice cause you could prepare! To think about it. Before comitting to alot of money

Edited by Wondermoose
  • Like 1

Has JRR Tolkien done a convention lately?

Also, I'd love to get the Elephant Man to sign my DVD, he made that one bally good movie and you don't hear from him anymore.

Why do have to be so sarcastic all the time?

Just let people have their fun at guessing who this person may be. It passes the time away.

Personally, it's killing me not knowing who it is but in the mean time guessing is just a bit of fun for us all. :smile:

• Like 5

I've skimmed through,

I think Ewan McGregor or Sylvester Stallone (who's started advertising bread recently!)

I'd like to meet Angela Lansbury, and would work well in light of her recent Olivier Award, but she's probably more akin to Autographica than LFCC I would think.

Also, I'd love to get the Elephant Man to sign my DVD, he made that one bally good movie and you don't hear from him anymore.

Tolkein's a good call. Maybe Shakspeare or Winston Churchill?

It would be awesome to meet Shakespeare, I have all of his books so would love him to sign it for me.

P.S. All joking aside its because of my love for the Bard that my name came to be what it was, i.e. King Richard from his King Richard III,

Do you know what their reason for the decision is? It's not like an estimated cost is going to give anything away. It would be nice to know.

I don't agree with the earlier post that quoted the phrase "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" or something along those lines. I could easily afford it, I just may deem it not to be worth a certain amount to me personally.

From page 19:

I would imagine one good reason for not listing a price in advance is to avoid getting responses like:

If its £XXX it can't be Y, cos he / she isnt worth that

Particularly if Y happens to be correct, then reads the posts and decides actually they'd rather not come at all, thanks.

Hi Astro Nut

I think the words "hitting the nail on the head" comes to mind

Thanks you for understanding.

This guests people are on here and we are all very pleased to be able to have them as one of our major guests for 2015 :-)

You will know who they are soon

Jason

• Like 1

Why do have to be so sarcastic all the time?

Just let people have their fun at guessing who this person may be. It passes the time away.

Personally, it's killing me not knowing who it is but in the mean time guessing is just a bit of fun for us all. :smile:

Me? Sarcastic all the time? Not at all.

I've already made a statement to the affect of names that are realistic and names that are far from realistic, i.e. George Lucas, Tom Hanks, Mr. Spielberg etc,as this helps to quell the disappointment that I've seen happening.

A case in point was two years ago, we had thread like this and was told it was a name we'd all know, ALL kinds of names flurried about and in the end it was the adopted son of God Jett Lucas, I think I was one of the only ones who didn't feel let down, its not everyday you get the son of God at a convention.

When it comes to cons there are names that are very possible, and names that could see people getting their hopes up, then dashed when its not who they want/wish it to be.

Don't get me wrong there are people I'd love to see at a con, Tim Rose for one, of course many wouldn't know who he is, I'd say the same thing about Phil Tippet (but Phil is so huge I doubt he'd ever do a con here)

• Like 1

guys... guys... calm down.

if you all play nice i'll add a second autograph to diamond pass for anyone who wants to meet me.

My demands for meeting you are as followed, these are nonnegotiable and final as per the room mate agreement:

1. I will get a selfie with you for the price of a Lion Bar or equivalent.

2. Have the opportunity to get my kebab signed by you using an exact replica of the golden gun used by the Man with the Golden Gun in the movie the Man with the Golden Gun.

3. I have approximately fifteen billion in unused non sequential notes and thus require a receipt for each and every Autograph I get from you.

4. To arrive at your booth, I require to be picked up in a Delorean driven by non other than Michael J Fox himself.

5. I reserve the right, if fit to squeeze three different types of sandwich spread into the mattress that you'll be using for the Sunt spectacular show you'll be participating in.

6. That everyone you meet will receive a Blankety Blank cheque book and pen.

7. A loyalty card for Aldi.

• Like 3

guys... guys... calm down.

if you all play nice i'll add a second autograph to diamond pass for anyone who wants to meet me.

My demands for meeting you are as followed, these are nonnegotiable and final as per the room mate agreement:

1. I will get a selfie with you for the price of a Lion Bar or equivalent.

2. Have the opportunity to get my kebab signed by you using an exact replica of the golden gun used by the Man with the Golden Gun in the movie the Man with the Golden Gun.

3. I have approximately fifteen billion in unused non sequential notes and thus require a receipt for each and every Autograph I get from you.

4. To arrive at your booth, I require to be picked up in a Delorean driven by non other than Michael J Fox himself.

5. I reserve the right, if fit to squeeze three different types of sandwich spread into the mattress that you'll be using for the Sunt spectacular show you'll be participating in.

6. That everyone you meet will receive a Blankety Blank cheque book and pen.

7. A loyalty card for Aldi.

guess you wont be meeting me then

I just transferred some more money into my account just in case its someone I'd love to meet with SM saying its an A lister which has never done a signing before and will be a 1 off I'd hate to miss out and sounds quite promising to be someone very interesting

I'm not going to really have a guess at who it is as I'm never sure who has signed before but I'd be very happy if its someone from my sig although after spending a lot of money on the Sherlock event I'm kind of hoping its no one I'm wanting else I'm going to be very skint this year lol

So many posts in here too just hoping its not going to be someone that a lot of folk find to be disappointing but having said that I'm sure whoever it is will please someone.

Very exciting roll on Thursday..

Thanx what about cage and hope shatner does another one should hopefully get him at the winter one will there be a big guest like this at every con?

Cage I wouldn't know about- Rowan Atkinson on the other hand is very private and am not aware of any signings he has done (apart from Theatre/Premieres) there are big guests and then there are big guests. For example at LFCCW we had both Ralph Macchio and C Thomas Howell, the former was deemed a big guest.

An internet search leads me to discover that Sean Bean has done a private signing for a Sheffield United book back in 2006. So I guess that rules him out. Likewise, it wouldn't be Viggo Mortensen as he's done loads of signings for his books.

Sean Bean also did a book signing at the University i work at