warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

Rough price range would be nice to know. Ive even started cycling to work so i can save the money that i would have paid in car parking for this announcement. MJF or Liam Neeson would be amazing but im not holding out much hope. Just hoping the site doesnt crash when the announcement is made!

I agree totally. I am unemployed as i was made redundant 2 years ago (almost). I done have hundreds of pounds sitting in my main bank account all the time as I'm on benefits. I do however have money in savings account which i can only use by going into the bank and transferring the money into my main account. If it was someone I REALY REALY loved and wanted to meet i would definitely pay the cost whether it be £100 for someone say from lord of the things or £1000 if it were someone from marvel like hugh jackmon or robert downy jr or such. I know this is not the true prices but it would truly help many people if show master could give a estimate like 200-300 or 700-800 pounds just for those that need to transfer money or borrow it.

It's all well and good asking for notice on price and all but realistically how many of us are able to fork out £400 upwards on a single guest? I for one as an unemployed full time student I can barely affor some of the more expensive "regular" guests. I think we just need to respect what SM have said and wait until Thursday. There's no need for people to be getting all wound up about something they can't change

I'm absolutely loaded so I can afford it - just hoping it's Jett Lucas that is announced. Missed him last time, would expect him to be a diamond pass at around the £500 mark. If it is I might get 2 or 3 passes for the family as well. It's stuff like this that makes me glad I'm minted and can spend it on great guests.

Roll on Thurs :)

If its Jett Lucas you are hoping for then i don't think that is who it will be as showmaster have said this person has not done events before and you are saying you missed Jett last time.

So with all of that said, it's obviously Dave Prowse... ;)

I don't see him tie in with the BTTF theme though ;-)

But last night, Darth Vader came down from Planet Vulcan and told George that if he didn't take Lorraine out he'd melt his brain.

lol

• Moderators

Not bad going 481 comments since Thursday and with 4 days still to go before the announcement..just wondering what's the record for most comments on a single thread?

I was wondering this myself I can't believe how busy this thread has been

• Like 1

I know if its someone i REALLY REALLY love i will want to pay for it no matter the cost but to pay for the ticket without knowing a rough cost beforehand i wouldn't even be able to accomplish. I think the hipe and people wanting to know a rough cost before hand is also getting people because showmaster have said this is a 1 time only thing. This is a BIG reason a lot of people will also want to know an estimate as they might be willing to get the money together for a 1 time only offer. I know i would be willing to pay whatever for someone i REALLY wanted to meet knowing it is a 1 time offer but i would need to know home much i need in my bank on Thursday night. i only have small amounts of money in my bank and may have to transfer money from my savings account to pay the ticket cost. Even to do a bank transfer over the net or phone is losing precious second and could mean missing out on a ticket.

Edited by stargate geek emily
  • Like 2

I agree, a rough cost would be really helpful. It will save a lot of people wasting their time and reduce the load of the forum if people knew in advance whether it was out of their price range.

I also agree with you. Depending how much money i can transfer at any 1 time I might decide and other might decide that that is more than they can afford which will quieten the load and possibly prevent the site crashing on the night. If people have an idea of how much they need then those who decide that is more than i am willing to pay for anyone wont be as frantic. with no guest to price estimate everyone will be on the site on Thursday constantly refreshing the page to see who it is which could cause problems for those who really want to buy the tickets.

• Like 1

Although i get we will NOT be told who the guest is till thursday I do think that MANY people to prevent upset would appreciate a ROUGH price i mean will it be in the £100's £5oo's or£1000. W all love to guess and anticipate who it could be. Price pays no relevance to WHO it could be necessarily as everyone's idea of whether it of worth it is down to them but For those who don't have as much money and need to get the money together over a few days or need to transfer money from savings accounts to main accounts to pay for their tickets It would greatly help to know the rough cost to prevent people winging that "they didn't know it would cost that much and didn't have that much money in their bank at the time but if had know before hand could have had all the money". I know i would much apreciate a heads up on rough cost so i can make sure i have enough money in the bank on the night if i decide i do want to meet this guest.

No it wouldn't help at all, because you wouldn't know who it is, so you wouldn't know if you need the money or not. I think the old saying applies here: if you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it.

If you're really that concerned, get as much from your savings account as you a prepared to spend. You can always put it back, if you don't need it.

I wasn't aware that the UK was a third world country where you can't do that stuff by internet banking, but there's still time to visit your local branch.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude here or offend anyone. Truth is, I probably can't afford this. But anyone who thinks that they might be interested and willing to spend a lot of money on this has been given a week to get their finances sorted. If you think you might be interested, transfer the money. No need to whine about it. And it also might be a good idea to start saving for these eventualities, so you can be prepared a next time.

• Like 3

So here is my prediction for Thursday. The people who complain about getting bigger guests will moan about the price, the people who normally complain about all the build up will moan they didn't have more notice and people who don't get the person at the top of their wishlist will moan as it's not who they dreamed.

But think of the bigger picture people!!!! The guests have been getting bigger and bigger, a few years ago the prospect of Stan Lee would've seemed like a pipe dream and now we are getting a potentially huge A-list star. Even if it is someone you don't like the reputation and scale of this event is getting bigger and bigger so the coming years could be very exciting!

In terms of who it may be my hopes are for any of the Avengers. Or as a Deadpool fan Ryan Reynolds would be great. Even if it's someone I'm not fussed about I can't wait to read the reaction. 😃

Edited by martinthewookie
  • Like 5

Following on from an early comment about franchises, LOTR has always been a massive one for Showmasters, so in addition to Ian McKellen that I mentioned earlier, we've also had Sean Bean mentioned, but what about Orlando Bloom or Cate Blanchett ?

• Like 2

Although i get we will NOT be told who the guest is till thursday I do think that MANY people to prevent upset would appreciate a ROUGH price i mean will it be in the £100's £5oo's or£1000. W all love to guess and anticipate who it could be. Price pays no relevance to WHO it could be necessarily as everyone's idea of whether it of worth it is down to them but For those who don't have as much money and need to get the money together over a few days or need to transfer money from savings accounts to main accounts to pay for their tickets It would greatly help to know the rough cost to prevent people winging that "they didn't know it would cost that much and didn't have that much money in their bank at the time but if had know before hand could have had all the money". I know i would much apreciate a heads up on rough cost so i can make sure i have enough money in the bank on the night if i decide i do want to meet this guest.

No it wouldn't help at all, because you wouldn't know who it is, so you wouldn't know if you need the money or not. I think the old saying applies here: if you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it.

If you're really that concerned, get as much from your savings account as you a prepared to spend. You can always put it back, if you don't need it.

I wasn't aware that the UK was a third world country where you can't do that stuff by internet banking, but there's still time to visit your local branch.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude here or offend anyone. Truth is, I probably can't afford this. But anyone who thinks that they might be interested and willing to spend a lot of money on this has been given a week to get their finances sorted. If you think you might be interested, transfer the money. No need to whine about it. And it also might be a good idea to start saving for these eventualities, so you can be prepared a next time.

That;s all well and good but if i transfer say £500 and it turns out the ticket costs £550. Just talking hypothetically then i will kick myself for not trans-firing that extra £50. Where as if we were told it will be 500-600 pounds before hand i could transfer £600 and then after i got the ticket i could put what i didn't spend back onto my savings account but if i have no clue on price i have no clue of how much i should transfer. I'm willing to transfer whatever if its someone from marvel or someone like Johnny Depp or sir peter Jackson but id need to know before hand, especially as we have been told this is a 1 time only thing and there will be no 2nd lot of tickets.

• Like 3

That;s all well and good but if i transfer say £500 and it turns out the ticket costs £550. Just talking hypothetically then i will kick myself for not trans-firing that extra £50. Where as if we were told it will be 500-600 pounds before hand i could transfer £600 and then after i got the ticket i could put what i didn't spend back onto my savings account but if i have no clue on price i have no clue of how much i should transfer. I'm willing to transfer whatever if its someone from marvel or someone like Johnny Depp or sir peter Jackson but id need to know before hand, especially as we have been told this is a 1 time only thing and there will be no 2nd lot of tickets.
I understand your reasons, but Showmasters have said that they will not be announcing the price beforehand and I also understand their reasons for this. I guess we'll all just have to wait until Thursday to find out.
  • Like 1

Some guesses from me (feel free to let me know if anyone of them have done signings before guys!).

George Lucas

Michael Keaton

Bill Murray

Michael J Fox

Ian McKellen

Ian Holm

Christophee Lee

Christopher Lee has done signings previously.

• Like 2

Anyone know if Mark Hamill or Christopher Lee have ever don't conventions before? As would be cool if it were one of them. Plus would also be a clue to the" not doing another convention again " as they are both getting on with their health.

Edited by stargate geek emily

Anyone know if Mark Hamill or Christopher Lee have ever don't conventions before? As would be cool if it were one of them. Plus would also be a clue to the" not doing another convention again " as they are both getting on with their health.

I have seen people say that both have I'm afraid.

Um but I thought they said 'A' List? I don't know half the people here and whats a Terrahawk?! Unless this is a joke and Im not catching it (Im tired from all the guessing lol)

Ok, perhaps Cannon and Ball aren't a list - partly it was me having some fun as is the case so many people want HUGE names from so many different fandoms yadda yadda yadda, that I was taking their ones into consideration.

Terrahawks was a show on telly back in the eighties made by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson (Thunderbirds)

Course, in my day this was all the rage :)

And is now back in audio form.

• Like 1

Mark Hamill has done "Another" event.

N.B. I know this for a fact as I had the opportunity to meet him... BIGGEST con mistake I made and I feel bad I didn't go for him when I could

Edited by KingRichard76

So here is my prediction for Thursday. The people who complain about getting bigger guests will moan about the price, the people who normally complain about all the build up will moan they didn't have more notice and people who don't get the person at the top of their wishlist will moan as it's not who they dreamed.

But think of the bigger picture people!!!! The guests have been getting bigger and bigger, a few years ago the prospect of Stan Lee would've seemed like a pipe dream and now we are getting a potentially huge A-list star. Even if it is someone you don't like the reputation and scale of this event is getting bigger and bigger so the coming years could be very exciting!

In terms of who it may be my hopes are for any of the Avengers. Or as a Deadpool fan Ryan Reynolds would be great. Even if it's someone I'm not fussed about I can't wait to read the reaction.

I agree with this statement, and reminds me of a conversation I had with my Friend (he who kindly drives us up from Saaaaafend (Southend) to Milton Keynes, London etc) earlier, when we were discussing big names.

Sorry, here comes another anecdote, in 2010 I first met William B. Davis and even at that time early on I heard how THE STUNNING Gillian Anderson felt about signing X-Files items, I think it was just before the Johnny English Reborn prem I was told that "Don't bring anything X-Files for Gillian!" I was warned repeatedly, everyone I spoke to said "She won't sign X-Files." and its partly this why when I met William B. Davis I had him sign a 10x8 rather than my unblemished X-Files DVD Boxset, EVERYONE knew that if you had anything OTHER than X-Files you'd get that signed.

It was in Feb 2012, we had a thread just like this, and all kinds of names were being thrown about and then... This happened:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74329

As you can clearly see, this saw A MASSIVE response from both XPhiles and non XPhiles, and note Jasons comment:

"and yes Gillian will be signing X files images "

For those of us who were there when this ALMIGHTY Guest announcement occurred will know that the internet practically broke and I fremember correctly the forum actually crashed, all kinds of debates started up, different questions, "Would she sign a copy of FHM?" "Would she personalise" and I, for one remember feeling very edgy from February all the way through to July worrying myself sick hoping we wouldn't see the cursed:

"Guest Cancellation Gill-------"

FOrtunately that never happened, and about 95% of my Friends (myself included) were questioning "What do I get signed?" as we ALL KNEW this was a huge deal that GIllian Anderson would be signing X-Files stuff. In fact I remember when I'd come out of Gillians bunker at LFCC in July having had five items signed (Three were personalised) I gave my Friend an almighty bear hug.

People came from all over the World for that convention, it was frickin manic. This was repeated somewhat last year when Carrie Fisher was announced AS WAS Stan Lee.

But yep there are some awesome names that attend.

• Like 2

By the way if you read the discription properly it say only signing of this year doesn't mention any other year so to be honest could be anyone even the people that's signed b4 just hasn't signed for anyone else this year but might in the near future never know

Its not exciting if nobody can afford to see all these huge A-list stars. Personally i've been happy and will continue to be happy with the smaller type guests that have attended the con and are at a reasonable price for photo op, signings etc.

(I say smaller type but they are just as much A-Lister to me as the popular household name type guests that this con could soon attract)

Edited by Hodor
  • Like 2

Woah the posts on here are getting waaaay long and ranty, thank The Lord for the ability to skim read!!!

NOW Showmasters can you just bring me the entire 80s brat pack and be done with it, no more hazardous guessing!!?!!

Over and out 😁

• Like 3