warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

Thanks to those on here who have shared their experiences and knowledge on previous signings. I think that for people who like to meet stars and collect autographs its really positive that so many HAVE done signings in the past as it gives hope that they may do them again in the future. Reading that so many big names have gone to venues big and small, attended panels and promotional signings, book signings etc means that meeting these legends is not as impossible as we sometimes think. Private signings are also on the increase and seem to inspire many stars to later attend public signings. Never did I think that a few years ago that Mike Tyson would be doing a meet and greet in the nightclub I went to as a teen in my sleepy little town or Roger Moore would be signing at my local book shop. This is what makes this hobby so exciting. This is definitely the most helpful, informative and supportive forum of its kind with moderators and members generally happy to help new attendees with questions. Even if this announcement isn't someone I want/ can afford to meet its great news that SM continue to attract amazing names and that's something for all of us to be happy about.

• Like 6

I am sticking with Viggo Mortensen we haven't had a big LOTR name for a while I think the last we had was Karl Urban and Sean Astin he dose fit with what Jason posted I call the announcement Viggo Mortensen

Viggo has previously done private signings at his art exhibitions, so he's out of the running sadly.

Well, King Richard, what do you think about theese thoughts?

I think its an older person that has been famoues for quite some time. The reason for me thinking this is because of the comment "This is a one off agreement with us and this will be the only time we will have this guest attend any of our events so do not think you will get another chance again as it never going to happen again ." This kinda says its something that they might never do again... (Which might happen again since they might like it :D ) if it would be a younger person than I would have a hard time imagining that comment to be true.

I mean take Danny Glover. :) Imagin it would have been right after they released the third movie of lethal weapon. If that would have been now then I would NEVER thought that he would attend a con. But he has attended a few now :) (maybe he had when he was in Lethal Weapon to, but I donno about that)

This is rather a tricky one, what we have here is a guest that we have all heard of:

"Whatever you are into them or not you will know this person, and whatever you will all agree they are an A list guest"

I actually do think its certainly a very well established person, someone exceedingly famous and could or could not have something to do with the two other big main themes that are going to celebrated at LFCC, mainly:

Empire Strikes Back

Back To The Future

IF, like the who killed Lucy Beale storyline in EastEnders i'd have to put some money on it I'd be considering both of these main franchises although I'm leaning more towards the latter than the former.

Totally agree with your statement:

"I think its an older person that has been famoues for quite some time"

Because clearly this person has been around for a bit, which would suggest him being in his twilight years or at least approaching them with grace and grandeur, I'd say its both that and the "Limited activitiies" comment that Jason mentioned a few days ago, "Limited activities" would suggest that they MAY find it difficult to take part in many things that someone a tad younger may be able to participate in, for an example our dear Friend Dave Prowse, the last time I saw him was at LFCC last year and he went to visit his one time estranged daughter Carrie Fisher (he was in his wheelchair) if one is in a wheelchair or indeed may have an illness or a disability of some kind then this would suggest they'd have their activities limited, we also know (If any had read Jasons post) that they will be here all three days so if we are to go on this assumption we can at least say they are of an advanced age or not in good health or indeed both.

I have my own theories as to who they are based on this assumption.

Then again, on the flipside of the coin I have seen how people automatically read what Jason has said and takes parts of this as if they are a clue of some kind, last year we had this when Jason said something along the lines of "This guest is cool" many thought he meant Henry Winkler, it turned out to be Michael Madsen.

Ideally I'd love it to be Irvin Kershner - but thats not gonna happen :(

• Like 1

"Whatever you are into them or not you will know this person, and whatever you will all agree they are an A list guest"

I actually do think its certainly a very well established person, someone exceedingly famous and could or could not have something to do with the two other big main themes that are going to celebrated at LFCC, mainly:

Empire Strikes Back

Back To The Future

IF, like the who killed Lucy Beale storyline in EastEnders i'd have to put some money on it I'd be considering both of these main franchises although I'm leaning more towards the latter than the former.

I don't think it's connected with those franchises, as Jason has said it's not someone you'd expect. And really the only one fitting the bill as and A-lister from those is Harrison Ford, and we know it won't be him. As for Michael J Fox, I think he's in the same category as Danny Glover. Huge when the BTTF movies came out, but not so much now. He would be an excellent regular guest, but not the once in a lifetime opportunity A-list.

Just my humble opininion.

• Like 1

Empire Strikes Back

Back To The Future

I don't think it's connected with those franchises, as Jason has said it's not someone you'd expect. And really the only one fitting the bill as and A-lister from those is Harrison Ford, and we know it won't be him. As for Michael J Fox, I think he's in the same category as Danny Glover. Huge when the BTTF movies came out, but not so much now. He would be an excellent regular guest, but not the once in a lifetime opportunity A-list.

Just my humble opininion.

Couldn't agree with you more about Harrison for reasons I've stated before :)

This is gonna be when on Thursday Jason throws a name out that (I guess for some - if the past is indicative of this) it could be an obscure name, but I don't feel this would be the case as Jason seems rather excited about this.

Agree with you about Michael J Fox and Danny Glover :)

The multisig element that Jason mentioned is also rather curious, which clearly lets us know that he/she has been in a movie/set of movies where it would have been a given that Autographs from the cast have possibly been obtained before, probably at a SM event. I'm also willing to bet that they've been in more films than which they are most well known for.

<---- I need some coffee, STAT! :)

• Like 1

Forgive me if he has already been suggested, don't really fancy checking 34 pages, but has anyone considered John Williams?

Incredibly elusive for most Star Wars Collectors, would fit the criteria in my opinion and has done so many incredible soundtracks for some of the most iconic films ever.

Jaws, Indiana Jones, E.T, Jurassic Park, Star Wars to name a few.

Would be a great addition!

• Like 2

7 is for 007!

You will se it'll be Sir Sean Connery and I will ask him to sign a photo of Ramirez from HIGHLANDER - my fav film with Mr. Connery.

Edited by Aggy
  • Like 1

It's intriguing that the guest is there all weekend, which suggests that they may well be flying over from the USA.

They are there all days , but only doing parts of days, this is quite unusual, but could be down to age or a medical condition, so perhaps points towards an older big name guest.

They will complete many people's multi-signed items, so someone from Star Wars, LOTR.

So far, someone American , an older actor, from a big franchise that we will all recognise as an A Lister, that's kind of sounding like Harrison Ford, he would certainly fit the bill, plus we know that Empire Strikes Back is going to be a big part of the show, and we know that Jason is a big fan of Star Wars and Jason seems very excited. You've got to think he has been trying to get him to attend an event for a long time. He's bigger than Stan Lee etc.

O.k. I 've convinced myself , it's going to be Harrison. :smile:

• Like 1