SHERLOCKED Dates and Venue revealed!

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

No one is trying to rip anyone off.

Everyone wants the big guests and unfortunately as I said in the other thread they are at present very very busy. It was just not possible to book any of them well in advance. Yes we'd loved to have given everyone 9 month lead in time but that's just not been possible with these guests.

Again yes it's a shame it clashed with Chevron but we've had to go with dates that the venue and guests can do. In the end that meant clashing our own event. Something we didn't do lightly.

The packages will go on sale on Monday at the same time as the guest announcements. I don't believe they are going to sell out so quickly that you'll not have a couple of days if not more to make an informed decision.

• Like 5

• Showmasters Admin

Cool!

Although does this mean that we'll have to use that token system for buying autos that is used for DSTL? Really did not enjoy that.

The companies involved are different and SM/ME are doing the main running of this event so I doubt very much that will be the case.
Correct it will not be the token system.
  • Like 1

Everyone wants the big guests and unfortunately as I said in the other thread they are at present very very busy. It was just not possible to book any of them well in advance. Yes we'd loved to have given everyone 9 month lead in time but that's just not been possible with these guests.

Again yes it's a shame it clashed with Chevron but we've had to go with dates that the venue and guests can do. In the end that meant clashing our own event. Something we didn't do lightly.

The packages will go on sale on Monday at the same time as the guest announcements. I don't believe they are going to sell out so quickly that you'll not have a couple of days if not more to make an informed decision.

Absolutely more than reasonable. I can't begin to imagine what kind of work was involved to lock in certain contracts

• Like 1

Thank you Too Tall for giving us a bit more info on how SHERLOCKED is going to work. *HUGS*

Now I've got to decide how to schedule this event & another I have tickets for two weeks later. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that they're both in the UK. :P

OH! Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions about hotels for this event?

Morgan

(damn but I miss Northampton)

Thank you Too Tall for giving us a bit more info on how SHERLOCKED is going to work. *HUGS*

Now I've got to decide how to schedule this event & another I have tickets for two weeks later. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that they're both in the UK. :P

OH! Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions about hotels for this event?

Morgan

(damn but I miss Northampton)

There are budget and 4-star hotels on the same site as the hall.

So are there going to be weekend tickets or single day tickets availiable? Because if it's like a whole weekend ticket I just don't want it to be that expensive. And how many tickets are going to be availiable? Because there are so many people interested in this event and I don't want it to sell out quite quickly and not get a ticket

Edited by ZoeeGrace

announce a date that is only weeks away.

12 weeks away.

12 weeks isnt a lot of time for most people with other commitments and things to organise. I know this was difficult to get underway but 12 weeks is not a lot of time.

Oh sure I appreciate its not a lot of notice, and nowhere near enough for some people, but 'only weeks away' sounds like something a few weeks away. It's a a few months.

• Like 1

The time thing although its anoying I can live with. But a couple of friends cant arrange things on this short notice. Yes for some people 12 weeks is short notice. But you cant make everyone happy. Making it later in the year would mean others that can go now might not be able to later same with the guests. So six of one half a dozen of the other. I understand Its difficult to get everyone around at the same time, film schedules, real life and other commitments change at a moments notice.

But the no information like guests or costs until day of purchase is still more than a little annoying. And I do think things will sell quite quiclky even though this clashes with another con. Hamlet anyone? And that was only Benedict, this has the possibility of Martin, Mark and Rupert..possibly. I would like a few days to consider before worrying if the ticket I want will sell out.

I would like to know what the estimated cost of attending, photo ops and such was so that I can weigh up that with the cost of accomodation and travel, without worrying if I can still get a ticket. Is that so wrong?

I know its a big venue but they dont have the whole thing there are other events on at the venue that weekend. And they must have some idea of costs and some guest that they know will be their otherwise they would not have announced anything.

Will this be done in the standard weekend convention format or will it be done LFCC style and more of a signing event?

It'll be more like DSTL. So a bit of a hybrid.

Thanks for the reply but........Erm DSTL?? I have no idea what this means so therefore no idea of the format?!?!

• Like 1

Most cons tend to be the main ticket price allows you access to all the con rooms and talks for the weekend, or day depending on the ticket you buy.

Photo ops and autographs tend to be an extra each.

Can make it a bit expensive when there are a lot of guests and, if like me, you want everyone..*g*

So many guests so little time and money.....

This shouldnt be to bad even if the whole cast turn up.

I suspect they won't have hired the whole place. There was at least one other show on at Excel when the Star Trek con was there, a couple of years ago.

Yep - there'll be the London Marathon Expo happening there as well for a start, that's a *huge* event. I'm in the medical team so that counts me out (conference on the Saturday, race on the Sunday). But in recent weeks I'd ended up putting money I'd saved towards a different convention in May after the lack of updates, so not too bothered. I'll look forward to hearing about it though!