Latest guest announcement - JOHN HURT

After everything he's done and the amazing franchises he's been in - the one movie I have a hankering to watch again, to see his performance is 'Contact'.

When thinking of him - what movies / shows stand out for you all?

The Elephant Man (that's a given); Watership Down; I, Claudius....

Trying to find where to book as Autograph session as i have the "History of the Time War Book" i would love signed, does anybody have a link?

You don't book autograph sessions. You can only purchase autographs on the day itself.

Edited by 1of2

Hey all,

So Showmasters don't take this the wrong way but I love you and hate you at the same time. Saturday, the day I am limited on time, now has John Hurt, Jenna Coleman and a couple of other Saturday only guests.....

I'm going to be a busy boy...... Not complaining, just saying :smile:

Take care,

Matty-lad

Did anyone attend EMS when John was there?

How much did he charge for autographs and photos then?

Yep attended that one he was about 20 pounds very nice guy hope to meet him again this time round

Did anyone attend EMS when John was there?

How much did he charge for autographs and photos then?

Yep attended that one he was about 20 pounds very nice guy hope to meet him again this time round

Yep £20 for each at EMS in 2011 although he was doing desk photos too as a friend got one. Fascinating to listen to in the talk he did too. Amazing body of work.

Would like another auto from him but going to have to pass at this new price.

Edited by Rockstar6662
  • Like 1

Going to have to cross Jamie Bamber and Edward James Olmos off my list to pay for John's autograph alone... :crying:

Less wait for me and the mrs then :whistling: Though now currently facing the dilema of auto of him as the doctor or photo with him

Sorry to get away from John Hurt...I've seen all of BSG, but i'm not a huge fan and don't have any other BSG autos. I've also crossed Robert Knepper off my list.

The main reason I attend cons is for DW and LotRs guests.

This is the first time i've had to cross people off my list, but it's simply too expensive for an unemployed 18 year old who is a full time student.

John has an AMAZING body of work that is right up there with the very best of them, anybody who has a genuine interest in film will know that. I've been a little disappointed by some if the negative comments about this announcement, although I can fully understand people's concerns over the price, £40 is a lot of money to a lot of people.

For my own part though I say WELL DONE SHOWMASTERS!! This is a fantastic announcement, thank you! Now my only problem is what to get signed.....😊

• Like 1

I can't believe what an amazing line up you already have for this years event but to add JOHN HURT to that well I'm just sooooo excited. I think my friends will find me unbearable for the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

This is an excellent anouncement by SM and the £40 price tag does'nt bother me that much as I so want to meet him.....my only gripe is he is booked for Sat only and i 'm afraid I will miss out as I am going Sun only :(

Oh well is it too much to ask if SM can book him for another event in the future like (Cardiff) CFCC please?